ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL Texas vs The GOAT game thread****

If Ewers doesn't get hurt, no doubt that Texas wins the game.
Ewers is pretty much as advertised but his composure impressed me, I thought he may be a little skittish but he looked in control the whole time he was in there

If this team plays like they did today we could end up with 10 wins this season. We have a pretty damn good football team and it’s finally fun to watch them again!

Heck of an effort today. This program is heading in the right direction. That non safety call is huge, and the non PI call on Sanders in the end zone. Played the best game defensively we’ve played in a long time. Lastly Apperently Alabama’s game plan against Texas is to always hurt the QB and then when the game. As Sark said earlier in the week this game doesn’t define the season the goals are still in front of this team, and I think they are a very good team.

My heart hurts in so many ways. Sooo close. Ewers injury. All the “what ifs”. Hopefully it catapults this team instead of draining them. They should be proud. Played clean football. Dang missed chip shot and targeting/grounding/safety screw up by refs were both back-breakers. Oh, and the missed INT early. Lots of promise. Good team coming to Austin next week.

Ewers in a sling, probably a clavicle. Need to get Murphy some reps this week. Don’t wanna see Card again
He wasn’t in a sling till much later in the game. He didn’t come out in a sling, so I don’t know if it’s that bad. If it is a broken clavicle it’s a hairline crack

Missed fg....missed sack.m.rwf missed calls .. ewers going down...

All that and still 1 point game...good job defense. As bad as this hurts. Good job. You earned my respect. Good job Gary Patterson

Missed fg....missed sack.m.rwf missed calls .. ewers going down...

All that and still 1 point game...good job defense. As bad as this hurts. Good job. You earned my respect. Good job Gary Patterson
That’s another thing. Jeff Banks is one of the best special teams coaches in the country. He’s gotta figure out the snap/hold on FG’s. Auburn looks like he’s a capable kicker on the 2 he’s missed there have been snap/hold issues.

Without Ewers this team is at risk of cratering like last year. The issue last year was poor QB play. The D losses hope when the QB sucks.

Reactions: hookem777
I'm here to eat some blowout prediction crow. F-moral victories, Bama had it last and made a clutch kick.
2 games against Bama that have what ifs ( I think we win both convincingly). I'll poSt more later when my mind is calm. Time to go blast some dove. Good job Horns, we're damn sure trending up even with an L

Let’s put it this way. Oregon who was a pre season top 10 team played UGA last week lost 49-3. We played #1 Alabama mostly with a backup QB and lost 20-19… I’ll take it

Reactions: freeper
Hard to believe this is the D that gave up 57 to Kansas last year. Would have like to see more of Card without the Leg injury.

Without Ewers this team is at risk of cratering like last year. The issue last year was poor QB play. The D losses hope when the QB sucks.
Maybe but maybe your defense can make your offense better. Yer defense brought the elephants back down to earth. Defense wins games and Card almost pulled it out while being hobbled most of the game. Ewers will be out awhile, you guys could've should've won this game. Over and under Nick will be completely bald by morning? 😉

We dodged a bullet. Ewers just has a sprained clavicle. And it’s his non throwing shoulder.
How long do we think then ? Hold him out next week ? . Without Quinn we are screwed. Cars showed guts but he isn't a good qb

Yeah I don’t see anything official but when he walked off the field he was moving both his arms, and when he came out in street clothes after halftime he didn’t have a sling on. Didn’t have a sling till much later in the game. I’d be surprised if it was broken. If it is it was very poorly managed by the training staff.

Probably the most important thing for the program today is the impact this had to of made on recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT