ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL Texas vs The GOAT game thread****

Missed fg....missed sack.m.rwf missed calls .. ewers going down...

All that and still 1 point game...good job defense. As bad as this hurts. Good job. You earned my respect. Good job Gary Patterson
That’s another thing. Jeff Banks is one of the best special teams coaches in the country. He’s gotta figure out the snap/hold on FG’s. Auburn looks like he’s a capable kicker on the 2 he’s missed there have been snap/hold issues.

Without Ewers this team is at risk of cratering like last year. The issue last year was poor QB play. The D losses hope when the QB sucks.

Reactions: hookem777
I'm here to eat some blowout prediction crow. F-moral victories, Bama had it last and made a clutch kick.
2 games against Bama that have what ifs ( I think we win both convincingly). I'll poSt more later when my mind is calm. Time to go blast some dove. Good job Horns, we're damn sure trending up even with an L

Let’s put it this way. Oregon who was a pre season top 10 team played UGA last week lost 49-3. We played #1 Alabama mostly with a backup QB and lost 20-19… I’ll take it

Reactions: freeper
Hard to believe this is the D that gave up 57 to Kansas last year. Would have like to see more of Card without the Leg injury.

Without Ewers this team is at risk of cratering like last year. The issue last year was poor QB play. The D losses hope when the QB sucks.
Maybe but maybe your defense can make your offense better. Yer defense brought the elephants back down to earth. Defense wins games and Card almost pulled it out while being hobbled most of the game. Ewers will be out awhile, you guys could've should've won this game. Over and under Nick will be completely bald by morning? 😉

We dodged a bullet. Ewers just has a sprained clavicle. And it’s his non throwing shoulder.
How long do we think then ? Hold him out next week ? . Without Quinn we are screwed. Cars showed guts but he isn't a good qb

Yeah I don’t see anything official but when he walked off the field he was moving both his arms, and when he came out in street clothes after halftime he didn’t have a sling on. Didn’t have a sling till much later in the game. I’d be surprised if it was broken. If it is it was very poorly managed by the training staff.

Probably the most important thing for the program today is the impact this had to of made on recruits.

Was there ever an explanation as to why in the **** we weren’t given a safety?

And yes, Card is complete dogshit. He’s tough but holy shit that dude can’t ****ing process anything with any urgency
Did they rule that play in the endzone an incomplete pass by saying Young wasn't down and he threw the ball which bounced off his teammates head?

Did they rule that play in the endzone an incomplete pass by saying Young wasn't down and he threw the ball which bounced off his teammates head?
That’s the thing. They never actually made a ruling. At least none that they announced. At the least it probably should of been grounding which would of been a safety. Complete **** up by the refs in multiple areas

That’s the thing. They never actually made a ruling. At least none that they announced. At the least it probably should of been grounding which would of been a safety. Complete **** up by the refs in multiple areas
That was a dang fine play. You were robbed of two points. Difference in the game.

One thing I noticed different from last year that if it continues we will be just fine. Last year we’d have good first halfs and look like complete shit in the 2nd. Today we played 4 qrt’s. If we do that all year we will be fine.

Sark said Ewers suffered a clavicle sprain that will require an MRI to determine its severity. Depending on the sprain, the recovery could take between one and eight weeks.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sark said Ewers suffered a clavicle sprain that will require an MRI to determine its severity. Depending on the sprain, the recovery could take between one and eight weeks.
I would bet on closer to 1 than 8 based on how he looked, but we will see.

We dodged a bullet. Ewers just has a sprained clavicle. And it’s his non throwing shoulder.
Clavicle is a bone. Bones break. If it is a sprain that is most likely AC joint. Severity depends on how many ligaments are involved and if they are just stretched or torn. If it is 1, 2 he could probably play next week. 3 it depends if they decide to do surgery. 4,5 or 6 he is done for a while.

You got jobbed brother.

Probably, but it doesn't matter. Texas was in the RZ all day and didn't do shit. Plenty of chances to put the game away and didn't.

Losing by 1 to the #1 only means that we are now 1-1. They better bring it again next week because I guarantee you UTSA doesn't give a rats ass that Texas played good against Bama

It may take a couple years but these OL are going to be dudes. They held up ok against the best defense they will see all year.

Clavicle is a bone. Bones break. If it is a sprain that is most likely AC joint. Severity depends on how many ligaments are involved and if they are just stretched or torn. If it is 1, 2 he could probably play next week. 3 it depends if they decide to do surgery. 4,5 or 6 he is done for a while.
Using deductive reasoning, if he'd gave broken it I'm quite confident that he'd have emerged from the locker room wearing the sling from the get go. But he wasn't. He put it on a little later.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT