ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma forcing out Boren

You think anybody will take Baylor?

Why not? They're good in men and women's bb. It's a respectable school academically. The big question is the fb team. For Baylor to make it to another conference Matt Rhule must rebuild the fb team in a hurry. And he has to do everything in a way that is completely opposite from Briles. If they can do that why not invite them.

Reactions: diadevic and westx
Personally, i couldn't care less what ND does anymore. I get it though, the largest and most spread out fanbase blah blah blah.... Their "legendary luster" has worn off since army stopped being a powerhouse. Biased opinion no doubt, I never liked ND except in the movie Rudy.

I would cringe If we add the Golden Domers. There is actually no-one American sports that i detest more than ND. And yet if they hire another Lou Holz or Ara Parseghian (rip coach) the value they would bring would be immeasurable.

For ND to get back to where they want to be they need a talent developer. You aren't getting enough 4-5 star kids on a consistsnt basis to compete with the big boys. Kids have to many options these days. Plus you've reached a point where ND hadn't been relivent in their life times. They need a coach that can go find the over looked guys and turn them in to stars. At least for a while. If they find that guy look out.

I would cringe If we add the Golden Domers. There is actually no-one American sports that i detest more than ND. And yet if they hire another Lou Holz or Ara Parseghian (rip coach) the value they would bring would be immeasurable.
IMO, the only benefit to ND is the viewership. More tv sets equal more $$ and more $$ is the name of the game these days. I still do not want unless they come with a big name friend which isnt currently available

IMO, the only benefit to ND is the viewership. More tv sets equal more $$ and more $$ is the name of the game these days. I still do not want unless they come with a big name friend which isnt currently available

You have the LHN. But think about this for the last 26 years ND has had a contract with NBC to have their home games televised. Can you imagine the cash cow that is?

They are not going to leave that anymore than we are going to leave the LHN.

I've given opinions about Baylor. But I want to say something about TCU. They have a top notch fb team. They are good in men's hoops and their baseball team had been to the CWS the last three years. And like Baylor they are an academically respectable university. They deserve to be in a P5 conference.

Reactions: diadevic
I've never understood the infatuation with the Big 10. OU would be a better fit in the SEC or PAC 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT