ADVERTISEMENT

On the bright side: Mens Baseball...

Lost the second game last night 3-2. Stanford scored the winning run in the bottom of the ninth.

Man wtf! Two games in a row we can't close it out and lose in the last inning! Someone needs to step up!

I question the decision to leave the starter in for the 8th and especially the 9th. Even after he put a runner on in the 9th, he didn't get pulled.

2 walkoff losses after great starting pitching, but weak offense and terrible relief pitching. If this is a "test," we're not passing.

I understand it's a 4 game series but we have arms to use, we should have taken the series already I am very disappointed with the coaches and their sense of the game at this moment. Tomorrow game could be a live practice for us to work on more things but no....

2 walkoff losses after great starting pitching, but weak offense and terrible relief pitching. If this is a "test," we're not passing.

The thing that hurt here was the decision to keep the starter going in the 8th and especially the 9th inning. He didn't even get pulled after a runner reached in the 9th with no outs.

You have to find a way to score more than 2 or 3 runs a game. The pitching was not the problem, it was actually really good this weekend except for a couple of untimely walks. Hitting will be the problem again. I think the team is batting below .220 for the season. That's terrible in college baseball.

1 run in the 7th and 8th inning for a comeback win on Friday night. A 4 run 1st, plus a 3rd inning bomb from Ryan Reynolds help the team to a 5-2 win on Saturday to take the series over UCLA. Going for the sweep on Sunday.

4 wins this week. Great way to bounce back after a tough Stanfard series. Hopefully they can finish it off tomorrow.

Five wins in a row now. One thing that stands out about this year's team is how the bats have woken up and Texas is scoring runs. Pierce and his staff have found a way to coach hitting. Next up is aggy on Tuesday in Austin. I'd love to see the first pitch of the game by the Texas starter go high and inside, sending a message to aggy. This should be a good one tomorrow night.

Hook'em!

Can someone tell me why McCann is not starting? Cantu's batting is crap. Play your best players Pierce!

Cantu has more of a leadership role behind the plate his bat isn't good, which is correct. Reason why Cantu starts at the moment till McCann can find that role.

Kyle Johnston once again gives up the lead and we get sweep by Tech. It's just weird typing that we got sweep by Tech. We lose the first two games 2-1 and had many chances to score and tie the game or take the lead. Did Augie leave us in a hole?

Not sure about the hole but tech players look much bigger/thicker than Texas players. Offensively we are not good! Even when we get someone on we don't capitalize.

robo-- try typing "we got SWEPT by tech". then maybe it won't feel as weird.

i'm not the grammar police but you did it twice and in a funny way, so i had to pounce

robo-- try typing "we got SWEPT by tech". then maybe it won't feel as weird.

i'm not the grammar police but you did it twice and in a funny way, so i had to pounce

Son of a bit** you are right I knew something was wrong. My dyslexia must have got the best of me.

Once again we are up 10-7 in the 9th against Texas State and gd kyle Johnston has them loaded up with no outs and it's 10-9 now! When will the coaches see that he sucks and just does not need to play anymore!

And we lose again 11-10 in extra innings. Texas St is a good squad-took 2 of 3 from defending national champs last weekend. I have mixed emotions being that I graduated from Southwest Texas in '88.

Hook em and Get Em Cats!!

We won 9-7 against UTRGV, but it was a hard fought battle the whole game. We were pretty much down the whole game and fought back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT