Orangebloods Posters "Hall of Fame"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Orangebloods Posters "Hall of Fame"

I love all you guys!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by SirHornsalot:

Mikem is cool as a cucumber and appreciates the simple things in life

WillieJennings is always interesting, especially really late at night after a few

This post was edited on 1/16 9:58 PM by SirHornsalot

mikemc has long been one of my favorites and has become one of my very good friends. he is as cool in person as he is on the board. very level headed dude.

weatherman is another friend who's depth of knowledge covers a lot of different subjects.

i am pretty sure i know willie jennings by another name. interesting character to say the least, and always good for an opinion or two to start interesting conversations.
smilie2.gif

Reactions: echeese
Originally posted by fariascl@mail.slu.edu:
why's aldelgreco not listed? dude is hilarious!

joenatural plays a role here nobody else does, though i bet he spends a lot of nights just talking to the caramel-beauties in his posts (j/k joe!).

northtexashorn, reverant horn, smaulden, mikemc are a group of dudes i've grown to love (no homo) & i read every word they say. i scroll through posts looking for posters like these.

eggroll, cs & don hornleone are dudes i love to hate & hate to love.

LHR & joeywa i see as pretty much the same dude in two different places. i've met one guy, but not the other, so maybe they are the same dude. w/ two wives??????

rpongetti is probably my single favorite poster. no wait, it's armadillo slim by far. no. rpongett, no slim, no rpon.........

i love jodybo for his position on texas & the big 12, as well as his position on texas ever playing ou again. i love dizzG for loving tony romo in a way that defies all logic.

i love black scholes for his awesome contributions. i love msmoore, though for some reason i see way too few of his posts these days.

gen/leon/willie is good for hours of thoughtful, but sometimes strange, discussions.

i hate, HATE the a-hole who rates every one of willie's posts one star.

i love ketch, jason & gerry. yep, i still love gerry, even with all of his SEC-love & orangebloods-absence.

i love chadkellar for his posts on jamarkus mcfarland... hoping that JM flops so bad, that his mom gets so poor that she has to move in w/ jamarkus & that he has to have a rat for a pet, instead of a dog. LOL1

i love echeese & just can't disagree w/ anything he has to say about the horns. i love him even though he belittled me tirelessly about 8 months ago for my gloom & doom views on the economy.

overall, all the posters whose handles i recognize are hall of famers to me. even the ones who i've learned to hate or who are racists. because they've got pretty good points of view from time-to-time.

anytime i meet one of you dudes, you're kind of like a mini-celebrity to me.

that just about covers it, carlos. nice post. except for the slim part, but otherwise right on.

and thanks, mardoc, another good guy.

my first introduction to aldelgreco was to get in a major pissing match over OT posts many years ago. since then he has become one of my favorites, and i have come to love his music as well. for those of you who haven't yet taken the time to listen to Alpha Rev, you are missing something really good. i am convinced that they are going to be a very big deal someday.

the problem with threads like these is that it is impossible to list all the good people without leaving someone out. someone mentioned RRR. he was a dandy.

i have too many favorites to count or list, but the very best thing about this community is that i have made so many good friends thru this board.
This post was edited on 1/17 10:45 AM by Armadillo Slim

I believe a Stoops sized egg was laid when no one mentioned Rob E Wright.

HenryJames/Rob E Wright
SantaRita...

TexasPride09229..J/k
wink.gif

Slim,

She is not hanging out with the Queen, just the family...she is sitting right here next to me this lazy Saturday morning, sends her love and is borderline sad that no one mentioned her name.

Glad to see you back.

Whatever happened to Ellie44 (I think I got her name right)? She was terrific.

Besides the ones named above, UTDB knows a lot of Longhorn football lore. I wish I could figure out which former football players UTDB and JTull are.

I wish Bevorachel would post more. The same with AK46.

jack--if she's not still consorting with the queen, then ask her to kindly email me so i can find out why the hell she has quit talking to us.

ellie has long been a favorite on both this board and TR and is regularly missed by all who love her. she is always on everyone's short list of favorites, so give her a hug and tell her to come on back in. the water's fine.

Rob E Wright...funniest m'fer on the board.

echeese - most optimistic
cs - most pessimistic

bigg dd - most disrespected (but probably the nicest dude on the site)

scout 88, utx, santa rita, letter86, cujo, puzzle (elzzup - gone?)...most inside info.

me - biggest addict.

Ellie44 and BevoRachel. It takes a real woman to run with a bunch of sOB's. Grace, a gentle touch, a different perspective,tough as nails when needed. God, I love Southern Women.

Haha. Nice thread.

I have too many favorite dudes and ladies on here to list.
I would say I have probably met 50 personally, and consider guys I haven't met personally like BigDD and Farias, etc. to be true friends through phone, email and near misses on visits.

The only glaring hole i see so far is SynTex1.
As long as the BCS exists, he is as important to the board late in the season as tecohorn is during a hurricane.
smilie2.gif

Grommie and Giant Baba are good guys to get an MIP with...

God, that was almost twenty years ago.

Good thread. I'd better not start because I'll miss a few, but farias' list is a good start.

Yep, jackonice, tell Ellie I mentioned her. I wish the meltdown that caused her to forsake the board had not happened. That was an unfortunate thread. I'm still waiting for our Scotch lovers gathering so we can put a dent in your stash.
smilie2.gif

jackonice....I forget your lady and I am sorry. I echo Slim thoughts and I miss that woman a lot as do many folks here.

And about the lost Scotch thread......can you e-mail me at bentonhill@hotmail.com.......I want to set up a get-together sometime soon-and certainly for Texas-OU.

Originally posted by enmuqb3:
My personal favs are Her Co Star In the Beaver Picture, and the dude with the huge AC/DC signature pic, for some reason Im drawing a blank. The other two I like reading are LonghornRealtor and Yorktown Horn

Great thread BTW

The guy with the AC/DC sig pic is HookEmHorns11. He definitely deserves the nod.

Originally posted by SirHornsalot:
"dondrysdale" was once my favorite. He was blunt and to the point.

"Giant Baba" was always fun to hear from as was "Magic Loogie"

EmiratesHorn is a solid contributor, very level headed.

Radaman is a nice guy and a smart ass in the same package, and I like that.

It's always exciting to hear utx, SRita, letter86 talk about their conversations

Mikem is cool as a cucumber and appreciates the simple things in life

Hook'emFanatic is pretty insightful on most subjects

WillieJennings is always interesting, especially really late at night after a few

There are several others who are a pleasure to read and discuss with.

This post was edited on 1/16 9:58 PM by SirHornsalot

Right back at you SHA, especially the smart ass part!
3dgrin.gif

Man, I miss DonD!

Also, I agree with Egg and with LonghornRealtor...if no other reason than the fact that I pass one of his listings every day on my way to work :) It's off of Hwy 29 in Georgetown.

Wait, did I just advertise for LHR? Crap... Sorry Ketch
3dgrin.gif

I'd vote for these in no particular order:

1. HookemFanatic - Dude just flat out cracks me up sometimes

2. SirHornsalot - Don't ever argue the Bible with him...you'll lose almost every time

3. NorthTexasHorn - Real nice dude, seems like a guy you could count on if trouble comes up.

4. LonghornRealtor - Another real nice guy and great host at his tailgates

5. Frank Pentangeli Sp? Anyway, dude has the best Monty Python sig pic, wish I could steal it, it's the one pic I couldn't find on the web and he got it, he also posts some good comments on various topics

6. UTX - love his tidbits

7. Skhorns - he's always got my back when attacked in The Corral

8. Iceman - just seems like a level headed overall nice guy.

9. EmiratesHorn - Solid calm poster of facts, never argumentative

10. 1quickhands - He's not afraid to tell you anything

There's a lot more, but can't remember all the usernames.

Yea, can't leave out Quickhands. He'll call you a sumbitch one moment and then pray for you the next moment. LOL Solid guy, hope to meet him one day.

40acreFanatic-Thanks for the nod. I had no idea I would get named but I wnet through yours and there my name was. Thanks for the compliment.

Originally posted by newmextex:
moblack, texaspride, and BigDD win notoriety awards. some of the best legendary ridiculous threads have come from them.
geez i get tied in with these other 2? I better change my approach quick!

Originally posted by LogDog55:
HookEmHorns11, for buying me a shot last night.

Yeah, we're going to have to lay off those things in the future due to a little bit of a painful day today.

My favorite posters are ones I've met a one or more times who are always on here:

LonghornRealtor....obviously the tailgate king
Yorktownhorn
Thunder Cain
Smaulden
Log Dog55
40AcreFanatic
Mcwall

Of ones I have not met but I just like their posts:

UTX
Cujo
I Am McLovin
PNG
Kiser Soze (from free board)
Vinsanity
Sundance 7
Vince Owns Reggie

And the following just HAVE to be on there:

RPongetti (for the funny name/computer code trick a year or two back)
Big DD for his crazy stuff
Scholtz (from free board, for his passion for UT)
314Horn (for his recent tricks)
Run Ricky Run (God bless)
Scout 88 (great recruiting info)

There are some more I need to add, and will.

I won't go into my poster hall of shame, though. Its a real short list though.
This post was edited on 1/17 8:10 PM by HookEmHorns11
This post was edited on 1/17 8:11 PM by HookEmHorns11
This post was edited on 1/18 12:46 AM by HookEmHorns11

Originally posted by radmanmadman:
I'd vote for these in no particular order:

1. HookemFanatic - Dude just flat out cracks me up sometimes

2. SirHornsalot - Don't ever argue the Bible with him...you'll lose almost every time

3. NorthTexasHorn - Real nice dude, seems like a guy you could count on if trouble comes up.

4. LonghornRealtor - Another real nice guy and great host at his tailgates

5. Frank Pentangeli Sp? Anyway, dude has the best Monty Python sig pic, wish I could steal it, it's the one pic I couldn't find on the web and he got it, he also posts some good comments on various topics

6. UTX - love his tidbits

7. Skhorns - he's always got my back when attacked in The Corral

8. Iceman - just seems like a level headed overall nice guy.

9. EmiratesHorn - Solid calm poster of facts, never argumentative

10. 1quickhands - He's not afraid to tell you anything

There's a lot more, but can't remember all the usernames.

Forgot to add Sundance7, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...I'm sure I forgot more great ones, but Sundance7 is definitely one of the best.

I certainly appreciate the fact that others enjoy what I type, but am curious as to why everyone who has mentioned me used terms like strange or interesting. I am a regular Joe Texan who played and loves football and who works for a living, and is seperated by distance from Texas.

Shoot, I knew I had left some folks off.

TEX(AUS) is great.
Royalewithcheese I love this guy, especially when I was on the free board. His posts about the aggies crack me up every single time.

Letter 86 for the scoop
SL Xpress and
Chewbecca, like these two

Mvplonghorns
Hornrush, been b.s.ing with him a long time.
Bondloungehorn, I love the stories about the people he meets out at the club or what
This post was edited on 1/18 6:47 PM by HookEmHorns11

Status
Not open for further replies.