Orangebloods staff predictions (the dogs are back, and they're bringing good vibes again!)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001

Alex Dunlap (1-0)

Texas wins, but Michigan doesn't make it easy. I've said that I think Texas just needs to get to 24 points to win the game, and I think that's exactly what they do.

Texas 24 - Michigan 17

Travis Galey (1-0)

This is Quinn Ewers’ chance to make a Heisman statement early. He’ll be going up against the best defense he’ll face all year (except for Georgia). If he is as good as I’ve been predicting he will be then it won’t matter, Texas will score quickly and put a lot of pressure on the revamped Michigan offense to score to stay with the Horns. But for the second week in a row, I think Texas’ opponent chooses to run the ball while behind in order to speed up the end of the game.

Texas 42 - Michigan 13

Geoff Ketchum (1-0)

Steve Sarkisian is the best version of himself in the early stages of games when he's able to dictate terms in a game based on his opening offensive script. Well, this is a script he's been working on for months and I'm fully expecting Texas to throw some fastballs at the Michigan defense in the early stages of this game that it won't quite be ready for. That will translate to an early lead and I'm not sure the Longhorns ever fully look back. The Wolverines will need something big on special teams or defense to offset the Texas advantage on offense and I don't think they get it. A fourth quarter Ryan Wingo touchdown creates the final separation.

Texas 33 - Michigan 16

Anwar Richardson (1-0)

With all due respect to Michigan, Texas is a pretty damn good team. Michigan has arguably the best two interior defensive linemen in the country. Well, Texas has an offensive line full of future NFL players. Michigan cornerback Will Johnson is an elite defender. Texas has several elite receivers and Johnson cannot cover all of them on every play. Michigan has a good run game. Texas has future NFL linebacker Anthony Hill to make every runner pay the price.

Do you know what Michigan does not have?

A good quarterback.

Do you know what Texas has?

Quinn Ewers.

If this was 1984, 1994, or even 2004, a team could win without having an outstanding quarterback. However, you cannot win in college football, especially against a Top 5 team, without an elite quarterback. Remember, Texas lost two games last season, and those winning quarterbacks were Dillon Gabriel and Michael Penix Jr. Michigna's Davis Warren is not on even Gabriel's level.

Texas 31 - Michigan 16

Jason Suchomel (1-0)

On paper, this looks to be about a 10-point win for Texas. Something tells me the Longhorns might blow this one open and never look back, winning by a few touchdowns but playing on the road in a hostile environment has me a bit worried.

Michigan plays good enough defense to keep this one somewhat close but in the end, the Wolverines’ offense just can’t get it done.

Texas 27 – Michigan 16

Quarter (1-0)

cheer.jpg

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.