ADVERTISEMENT

OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must be giving big payouts at Norman to get these committed guys that had Texas in mind,,,

I guess ya can't turn them the normal way then buy'em....

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...gWYBZQniohYT5EL-yuq_abQZRwbrRNRIiqqmv6o28lPvk
I wouldn't blame it on payouts, I think this has more to do with proximity to home. Recruitments with Dallas prospects are always tough given that they are just as likely to live closer to Norman than they do to Austin.

In this case, Little Elm is a little over an hour closer to Norman than Austin. Sure, Texas is Texas but this is an aspect we will always have to overcome in these Dallas battles.

It also probably has to do with the opportunity of possible early playing time. Our secondary needs a ton of help and talent.

Reactions: oleskinny
Dang it. I watched some film on that kid on Hudl and he reminded me of Bobby Taylor. Tall and lanky but will fill in nicely in a couple of years.

Meh... Texas secondary is stacked. These guys don't want to wait an extra 1-2 years for their time in the NFL. We are going to have to play some large safeties at LB.

Or maybe OU has had more success recently

Not their defense. Their best play in pass defense is hoping the other team drops the ball. They have a national championship offense right now, and any offensive player going to them makes sense, but their defense is stale old garbage. The only thing it offers is early playing time.

I wouldn't blame it on payouts, I think this has more to do with proximity to home. Recruitments with Dallas prospects are always tough given that they are just as likely to live closer to Norman than they do to Austin.

In this case, Little Elm is a little over an hour closer to Norman than Austin. Sure, Texas is Texas but this is an aspect we will always have to overcome in these Dallas battles.

Riley has made an effort to hit texas hard and he's killing it in DFW. And i'm willing to bet most of these kids grew up being more fans of texas than OU.

Not their defense. Their best play in pass defense is hoping the other team drops the ball. They have a national championship offense right now, and any offensive player going to them makes sense, but their defense is stale old garbage. The only thing it offers is early playing time.

It's more than just early playing time. People are liking the idea of playing in Grinch's scheme too. So they can offer pt, a kind of scheme that they like, and if they continue recruiting well, then they'll be pitching the other committed talent around them. Riley is changing the trend in recruiting, getting commits from players holding offers from alabama, georgia, texas, osu etc. They had been winning the big 12 with defensive players that picked OU over the likes of nebraska, virginia tech and baylor then running into a buzzsaw when they got to the playoffs against teams who were getting all the defensive players that previously Ignored OU.

Reactions: fatman76
It's never good to lose a recruit to scumbagU, OU, but Texas will be fine with our recruiting. Herman knows what he's doing and we'll get who we target for the most part.

Riley has made an effort to hit texas hard and he's killing it in DFW. And i'm willing to bet most of these kids grew up being more fans of texas than OU.

Highly doubt any of them have grown up Texas fans. These kids were 8 years old the last time Texas played for the MNC. Since then Texas has been pretty irrelevant on the big stage. blOwU has won the conference about every year since 2009.

Still these are defensive players and blOwU has stunk it up pretty well on the defensive side of the ball for most of the last 10 years.

Reactions: tucum
Highly doubt any of them have grown up Texas fans. These kids were 8 years old the last time Texas played for the MNC. Since then Texas has been pretty irrelevant on the big stage. blOwU has won the conference about every year since 2009.

Still these are defensive players and blOwU has stunk it up pretty well on the defensive side of the ball for most of the last 10 years.

They're more likely texas fans than anything else for the same reason most kids growing up in oklahoma are OU fans. It's the big school in the state, most of their family and friends root for them and it's all you usually see around you. There's a reason why the university of texas recruits so well throughout the state of texas. Remember when OU got really good in the early 2000s? Most of those kids committing to OU saw nothing but garbage out of OU growing up, kind like texas recruits are now, yet OU kept getting top 10 classes over and over. Obviously the last decade of poor play is not affecting texas' ability to recruit at a high level today.

Yeah because Riley is a hell of a recruiter and kids want to play for him. Dbs committing to OU because they like this offensive minded head coach so much. I'm with it. OU is going to be really dangerous when they get decent talent on defense. It wasnt long ago they were the #1 defense in the big 12, so it can happen again!

They're more likely texas fans than anything else for the same reason most kids growing up in oklahoma are OU fans. It's the big school in the state, most of their family and friends root for them and it's all you usually see around you. There's a reason why the university of texas recruits so well throughout the state of texas. Remember when OU got really good in the early 2000s? Most of those kids committing to OU saw nothing but garbage out of OU growing up, kind like texas recruits are now, yet OU kept getting top 10 classes over and over. Obviously the last decade of poor play is not affecting texas' ability to recruit at a high level today.

Yeah because Riley is a hell of a recruiter and kids want to play for him. Dbs committing to OU because they like this offensive minded head coach so much. I'm with it. OU is going to be really dangerous when they get decent talent on defense. It wasnt long ago they were the #1 defense in the big 12, so it can happen again!

Oh please. You won the MNC in 2000 and did it with a hell of a defense. Kids wanted to be part of that defense. Right now you are more like Texas Tech in the 2000's than blOwU under Stoops. Riley is winning because you don't play anyone besides Texas, so even if you lose the Red River Shoot Out you are still going to be 11-1. All you have to do is show up on offense and just out score everyone.

Texas and blOwU are going to play 4 times over the next 2 seasons, I predict Texas will go 3-1 in those games.

We shall see how good your defense is next year.

Oh please. You won the MNC in 2000 and did it with a hell of a defense. Kids wanted to be part of that defense. Right now you are more like Texas Tech in the 2000's than blOwU under Stoops. Riley is winning because you don't play anyone besides Texas, so even if you lose the Red River Shoot Out you are still going to be 11-1. All you have to do is show up on offense and just out score everyone.

Texas and blOwU are going to play 4 times over the next 2 seasons, I predict Texas will go 3-1 in those games.

We shall see how good your defense is next year.

Kids typically want to be a part of a winning culture first and foremost. All the better if it's the same team they grew up watching. I cant see the comparison between OU now and ttech in the early 2000s. OU has achieved significantly more success, it's not even comparable except to say the offense is great and the defense is not. That's where it ends though.

That's how it is, out score everyone. That's the goal. When recruiting on defense picks up as it's starting to, the D will improve greatly. It wasnt long ago OU boasted the best D in the big 12. Of course you predict texas will go 3-1 in the next 4 games. I dont think tx will be good enough to stay with OU and be in the CCG for the next couple seasons, but we'll see. Nobody else in the conference is any good right now.

Reactions: MikeNAustin
I don't know who opened the flood gates for all of the sooner posters to migrate over here today. You guys are welcome to post here as long as you keep it respectful. Using this board to trash and denigrate Texas isn't going to fly. Keep in mind where you're posting. This is an orange house and you should respect that.

Quit being so over sensitive.

Hmmm.......

Absolutely not. I don't see how you can be a mod and make porch jokes about black players. This is absurd.

You're actually serious? What a sensitive sissy you are. I'm going to call you Nancy.

Nancy, you think anytime someone mentions the word porch, theyre talking about some racial epithet? How about, people like you are low key racist pricks yourself because that's the first thing you think of when you hear the word, even when used in it's own appropriate context. You need to grow a thick skin Nancy.

Meh... Texas secondary is stacked. These guys don't want to wait an extra 1-2 years for their time in the NFL. We are going to have to play some large safeties at LB.

It’s really this simple. OU isn’t promising playing time, but they can certainly promise an easier path to playing time.

clenard

2mr8mcz.jpg

You seem really unfunny. Was that intentional? Like did you actually put a lot of thought into this comment, or was it just natural?

Do you sit on your porch swing with your fiddle and make spittoon music, talking about the good ole days, while dusting off the white hood?

I am one of the funniest bastards this side of the mississippi, Nancy.

I dont have a porch swing, i dont have a fiddle, and i'm currently in the good ole days. You racist prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT