ADVERTISEMENT

Outhereincali...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortworth4ou2 is correct the fan base really has no say in decisions made by a coaching staff.
Incorrect. Pressure applied from revenue losses changes behavior. $ooner fans don't care about cheating and criminals, never have, never will and that's why Stoops knows he can recruit any and all wife beaters with zero repurcussions as long as they can play football.

Players who abuse girls would never be on a UT team. Because our fans have ethics and morals (not to mention our coaches and administrators).

Last edited:
Scholz I only went to one OU game last year but I watched the rest of tge games from my recliner while eating TV dinners. I'm doing what I can do to show Stoops how I feel.

You couldn't care less what girl your starting RB abuses as long as he's scoring TDs. Just like the rest of your fanbase. That's why you guys are who you are.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
If this sooner were to talk the same way he writes on a message board (honestly to look intelligent no doubt) then other sooners would smack him in the mouth....they wouldn't know what the hell he was saying.

This is not an english paper. Most people just write like they talk on a message board. Who the hell would say to someone face to face "What you identify as a personal abhorrence, you seem to equally identify them as a positive."?? Look even ivy leaguers trying to be superior to everyone else do not talk like that....especially on a sports message board!

Trying too hard man. As far as him thinking the sooner coaches and football program are virtuous......hahahahahahahahahaha Sure they are. If they are then I have more money than Bill Gates.
Thanks for responding again.

For the most part, I do converse face-to-face the way I write. My ways have become an educator's habit as that is the world I live in. My colleagues are just as purposeful and my students are encouraged similarly to enhance their critical thinking and debating skills. My wife was also an educator. My opinions have always been favored and respected at both work and elsewhere. I can annoy and frustrate others at times too with my manner. That outcome is definitely not my intent. Sorry for being a perceived pain here and for those moments.

The point of my postings is to promote civility and mutual respect. Everyone has valuable and interesting points to contribute to a discussion. As with all sports message boards, including this forum, civility and mutual respect tend to build upon the already quality foundation and results in a sports forum for all (including visitors) to enjoy and participate.

I'm definitely no ivy leaguer and superiority is not what I seek. Inclusion is my goal. Respect and value as a responsible contributor is the prize. Football discussions should be fun and even enlightening. They can be lively without the abuse. At least, that is my belief.

Am I trying too hard? Perhaps I am. Maybe I have to because I am a visitor and not just any visitor. I'm an OU fan visiting and realistically one on a tight leash. As a visitor, caution is my alter-ego. It's not too difficult to understand that this is the reality for an outsider who seeks inclusion. I see it in visitors from OB on the Scoop. Their demeanor is quite different away from their home board.

And, btw, I never, ever posted that I think Sooner coaches AND the football program (and all which that entails) are entirely virtuous. That was your misrepresentation. I believe, though, that responsible values and virtues are the present staff and department's intent. I also believe any program is capable of being compromised from the outside.

Where profit is a major - if not the primary organizational motivator - I don't believe ANY program is virtuous to a very high degree including OU and UT. I do believe that Stoops, staff and Castiglione are very reputable and are high integrity people who do run an excellent program. They are sincere and a really good face for the community, university and program. That said, I believe that forces beyond the athletic department can corrupt that which was intended to be good.

As for the behind-the-scenes influential alums and boosters, in them my trust is guarded and understandably very limited. Where outside greed is involved, any outcome - including a negative one - is possible as evidenced, at times, in OU's and UT's past.

Most enjoy sports and discussions can be fun for all if the occasional and intentional train wreck is discouraged. For a few, the carnage their antagonistic ego's create is THEIR desired outcome which is counter-productive to forum growth, imho.

Last edited:
You couldn't care less what girl your starting RB abuses as long as he's scoring TDs. Just like the rest of your fanbase. That's why you guys are who you are.
All I can say is wow! Change doesn't appear to be something you see as having value. Maybe some day.

Change of what? Accepting that having wifebeaters on your football team is acceptable and nothing can be done about it? Yeah, I don't see value in that, you're correct.

Wow is a fanbase that accepts violence against women to win football games.

Change of what? Accepting that having wifebeaters on your football team is acceptable and nothing can be done about it? Yeah, I don't see value in that, you're correct.

Wow is a fanbase that accepts violence against women to win football games.
OMG! You really believe what you post. You and bullmarket had to be twins. At least he was not foul.

I guess every site has to have that one who intentionally stirs the pot in an abusive manner.

Maybe OU should try harder to recruit those choir boys that UT always gets.

Thanks for responding again.

For the most part, I do converse face-to-face the way I write. My ways have become an educator's habit as that is the world I live in. My colleagues are just as purposeful and my students are encouraged similarly to enhance their critical thinking and debating skills. My wife was also an educator. My opinions have always been favored and respected at both work and elsewhere. I can annoy and frustrate others at times too with my manner. That outcome is definitely not my intent. Sorry for being a perceived pain here and for those moments.

The point of my postings is to promote civility and mutual respect. Everyone has valuable and interesting points to contribute to a discussion. As with all sports message boards, including this forum, civility and mutual respect tend to build upon the already quality foundation and results in a sports forum for all (including visitors) to enjoy and participate.

I'm definitely no ivy leaguer and superiority is not what I seek. Inclusion is my goal. Respect and value as a responsible contributor is the prize. Football discussions should be fun and even enlightening. They can be lively without the abuse. At least, that is my belief.

Am I trying too hard? Perhaps I am. Maybe I have to because I am a visitor and not just any visitor. I'm an OU fan visiting and realistically one on a tight leash. As a visitor, caution is my alter-ego. It's not too difficult to understand that this is the reality for an outsider who seeks inclusion. I see it in visitors from OB on the Scoop. Their demeanor is quite different away from their home board.

And, btw, I never, ever posted that I think Sooner coaches AND the football program (and all which that entails) are entirely virtuous. That was your misrepresentation. I believe, though, that responsible values and virtues are the present staff and department's intent. I also believe any program is capable of being compromised from the outside.

Where profit is a major - if not the primary organizational motivator - I don't believe ANY program is virtuous to a very high degree including OU and UT. I do believe that Stoops, staff and Castiglione are very reputable and are high integrity people who do run an excellent program. They are sincere and a really good face for the community, university and program. That said, I believe that forces beyond the athletic department can corrupt that which was intended to be good.

As for the behind-the-scenes influential alums and boosters, in them my trust is guarded and understandably very limited. Where outside greed is involved, any outcome - including a negative one - is possible as evidenced, at times, in OU's and UT's past.

Most enjoy sports and discussions can be fun for all if the occasional and intentional train wreck is discouraged. For a few, the carnage their antagonistic ego's create is THEIR desired outcome which is counter-productive to forum growth, imho.
I feel asleep at Chapter 18.....

Reactions: oldhorn2 and Scholz
OMG! You really believe what you post. You and bullmarket had to be twins. At least he was not foul.

I guess every site has to have that one who intentionally stirs the pot in an abusive manner.

You don't believe what you post? Kind of strange.

Reactions: oldhorn2 and Scholz
Scholz do you think that if Texas has another losing season this year that your fan base will stop buying season tickets to show their disapproval? Some perhaps, but there will always be another fan willing to fill their place. Same with the Mixon scenario. I don't condone what Mixon allegedly did but really what can I do?

Incorrect. Pressure applied from revenue losses changes behavior. $ooner fans don't care about cheating and criminals, never have, never will and that's why Stoops knows he can recruit any and all wife beaters with zero repurcussions as long as they can play football.

Players who abuse girls would never be on a UT team. Because our fans have ethics and morals (not to mention our coaches and administrators).
In the realm of college football, pressure from fans works only in the theoretical world. In reality, there is always another fan ready to purchase the ticket that another gave up.

What do you know what fans, especially Sooner fans, think and care about. By your postings, you've already dismissed them from the beginning as worthless. You seem to live your life in the dream land of absolutes which most likely is not a healthy thing.

Your life appears to be one mantra. What you believe in is absolutely righteous and good and all else is vile and repugnant. No hint of any middle ground to you. That's an existence of an isolationist. If you believe it works for you and it makes your living bearable, more power to you.

Most of us will occasionally post something ridiculous about a rival and their fan base just to get a rise out of them. It's the occasional grins and giggles that we momentarily seek in wanting to get under another's skin. Part of human nature. We know it's wrong but with internet anonymity, the temptation exists and we'll temporarily partake because we feel safe behind a keyboard. But in truth, that's not really who we are, strive to be, or what we want to be defined as being.

You seem, however, to be that rare one who does it as a matter of routine perhaps as a means of coping. Hate apparently brings you peace and comfort so there is no need to seek compassion, understanding, logic, or change. What is in your mind will always be and seemingly is not subject to debate or change.

My best wishes.

Pressure from Presidents that run their mouths about expansion creates infighting due to BOR members realizing there is shit out there to make the conference great at this point. What do you think and care about your mouthy President? He's like the drunk uncle at a family reunion.

You don't believe what you post? Kind of strange.
At the time, yes. But, what I think is always subject to change. To think differently would have my irrational ego always in control. I prefer discovery over ego and when I'm wrong in my previous position, I have no problem admitting it.

I have an open mind and am capable of thought flexibility. It's the new "strange". It works for me. How 'bout you?

Pressure from Presidents that run their mouths about expansion creates infighting due to BOR members realizing there is shit out there to make the conference great at this point. What do you think and care about your mouthy President? He's like the drunk uncle at a family reunion.
What university President doesn't run their mouth? It's an eye of the beholder thing. Usually, one supports theirs and denounces the others. It's all relative.

These Presidents represent a great deal. Power, prestige, influence, and greed is at play. Each wants to get their share of the pie and, in some cases, the biggest share.

I could easily disparage yours like you have done with mine. But what would that really accomplish other to ensure my banishment. Remember, I am a guest in your house. I don't have here the freedom of expression you have.

Btw, what does "BOR" mean? I like and appreciate Boren.

I believe the conference is doomed as it currently exists. It's just a matter of time before OU and/or UT leaves. I could be wrong but I don't believe so.

I feel asleep at Chapter 18.....
LOL!

Take some caffeine as you don't want to miss chapter 19. It's the one where Scholz is exposed as a fake.

No one can be as irrational as he appears unless it's his intentional shtick. It appears to be the bullmarket syndrome. The real mystery is whether he is compensated for performing this service for OB. That's chapter 20.

In any event, chapter 19 is a doozy and well worth a sleepless night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1
What university President doesn't run their mouth? It's an eye of the beholder thing. Usually, one supports theirs and denounces the others. It's all relative.

These Presidents represent a great deal. Power, prestige, influence, and greed is at play. Each wants to get their share of the pie and, in some cases, the biggest share.

I could easily disparage yours like you have done with mine. But what would that really accomplish other to ensure my banishment. Remember, I am a guest in your house. I don't have here the freedom of expression you have.

Btw, what does "BOR" mean? I like and appreciate Boren.

I believe the conference is doomed as it currently exists. It's just a matter of time before OU and/or UT leaves. I could be wrong but I don't believe so.

Your president want's to expand simply to do so, it's bunk based on current candidates and your regents don't have his back. No reason to spin it back at our President whom has kept pretty quiet, disparaging comments or what not... Boren feels like he has ground to stand on for some reason, he doesn't. Simply stick with the questions asked.

I hope we see the conference implode.

If my opinions really put your panties in a bunch, there's an easy fix, uninvited okie. It's a thinker. You sound like a woman btw. If you didn't want my opinion, then don't ask for it, Einstein.

There's a difference between "choir boys" and multitudes with prior felony arrests and clear histories of violence against women that Stoops coddles and your fanbase ignores. Bunch of freaking dumbass scumbags you gals are up there. Bad combo.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Scholz do you think that if Texas has another losing season this year that your fan base will stop buying season tickets to show their disapproval? Some perhaps, but there will always be another fan willing to fill their place. Same with the Mixon scenario. I don't condone what Mixon allegedly did but really what can I do?
You completely missed the point per usual. No, fans shouldn't abandon their team when the going gets tough. Fans should vote with their wallets when their teams lose all moral compass however. Not surprising you can't distinguish between the two. You're a $ooner. Win at all costs. No ethics.

In the realm of college football, pressure from fans works only in the theoretical world.
Really? Then why does our team never have wifebeaters on it and yours regularly does in the real world? Please explain the discrepancy to us.

Last edited:
Hate apparently brings you peace and comfort so there is no need to seek compassion, understanding, logic, or change.
No, scumbags who condone girls getting beat up for football wins aren't at the top of my list to understand or feel compassion for. Hate? Nah, just tired of idiot America to be honest. Look in the mirror.

You completely missed the point per usual. No, fans shouldn't abandon their team when the going gets tough. Fans should vote with their wallets when their teams lose all moral compass however. Not surprising you can't distinguish between the two. You're a $ooner. Win at all costs. No ethics.
You didn't answer what I can do about it? I ate TV dinners all year and it didn't change a thing. I have UT friends of mine at work who didn't buy tickets because they felt Strong had no idea what he was doing. Guess what, had no bearing. Mixon continued to play and Strong had another losing season. Doesn't matter what the fans think if only a few are willing to speak out. The admins have the final call. OU is okay with Stoops' decision on Mixon and UT admins are okay with Strongs' record. That's the bottom line and nothing you or I can do about it.

If my opinions really put your panties in a bunch, there's an easy fix, uninvited okie. It's a thinker. You sound like a woman btw. If you didn't want my opinion, then don't ask for it, Einstein.

There's a difference between "choir boys" and multitudes with prior felony arrests and clear histories of violence against women that Stoops coddles and your fanbase ignores. Bunch of freaking dumbass scumbags you gals are up there. Bad combo.
Now that's some funny stuff there.

I know what you are so you no longer have to fake it with me. You are a fraud. Save your shtick for someone else. You make bullmarket proud.

You didn't answer what I can do about it? I ate TV dinners all year and it didn't change a thing. I have UT friends of mine at work who didn't buy tickets because they felt Strong had no idea what he was doing. Guess what, had no bearing. Mixon continued to play and Strong had another losing season. Doesn't matter what the fans think if only a few are willing to speak out. The admins have the final call. OU is okay with Stoops' decision on Mixon and UT admins are okay with Strongs' record. That's the bottom line and nothing you or I can do about it.
Don't waste your time responding to him ever. He's just playing you. He's had his fun. Just let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT