ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

You are speculating that Texas would lose in the SEC if they have a down week. You are making my points for me. Anyone can have close games on a down week. Doesn't mean they are going to lose. Trying to say Texas loses those games last year if those were SEC teams and not TCU/Houston/K-State is a trash argument.

TCU would have beat the sh*t out of most of those SEC teams the last 15 years. Taking Georgia and extrapolating that to the middle of the road teams like aggy, florida, kentucky, etc isn't going to work.
You totally missed my point, how many lower tier teams could have held that Georgia team to 16 points or better yet how many teams that won a natty was held to 16points by a lower tier team. It’s going to be interesting to hear your answer

You totally missed my point, how many lower tier teams could have held that Georgia team to 16 points or better yet how many teams that won a natty was held to 16points by a lower tier team. It’s going to be interesting to hear your answer
Texas has championship caliber team in 09 and got held to 12. Sh*t happens sometimes.

The whole point is trying to say Texas is going to struggle in the SEC b/c they had 3-4 close games (2 with a back up qb) in the big 12 just doesn't make sense.

SEC will be tough, no doubt. How do you think the Gators will do this season? Will Napier make it? Freshman QBs have traditionally not been a sign of good things to come. What are your thoughts on Lagway?

Reactions: SOUTHSWAMP
There's perception, and then there's reality.

Behold-

In 2004, Auburn went undefeated. Ran the table. Won every game by double digits except 2---- LSU and Bama.

Now it comes time for the title game and who gets chosen?
Undefeated USC (a team that would end up being touted as the Greatest Team of All Time until Jan 4, 2006), and Oklahoma, who was also undefeated.

The perception was that Auburn was not as good as either team because the SEC was weak. The reality is-- we will never know.
But the SEC took that to heart. So what did they do? Over the next 5 years they built the largest underground, black bag, money laundering, recruit purchasing pipeline in the history of the NCAA. It was epic.
Why?
To change not only the perception, but the reality.
They went on to play for a national title damn near every year after 2009.
But that time has passed. With the introduction of NIL, talent is being pulled away from the SEC and it will continue to happen. "Have gun, will travel" is afoot- and as long as universities are willing to pay, the talent will follow the money.
The days of the SEC being "top to bottom, the toughest conference in America" are about to start waning.

Sorry to say, but thT dog don't hunt. Should not be hard to research...lots of upsets happen

SEC will be tough, no doubt. How do you think the Gators will do this season? Will Napier make it? Freshman QBs have traditionally not been a sign of good things to come. What are your thoughts on Lagway?
To be honest, 8 wins is the ceiling but I think we can win 6 or 7 games. November will be a very tough month. I think Lagway will shine when he takes over the team. If Florida is bowl eligible with that schedule, probably get Napier another year.

Texas has championship caliber team in 09 and got held to 12. Sh*t happens sometimes.

The whole point is trying to say Texas is going to struggle in the SEC b/c they had 3-4 close games (2 with a back up qb) in the big 12 just doesn't make sense.
I didn’t say Texas was going to struggle or alluded to it. All I’m saying is those lower teams are very tough and can beat you any given day. Arkansas is a great example, they went 1-7, in conference play but vs LSU 31-34, Ole Miss 20-27, Bama 21-24, but vs State 3-7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT