ADVERTISEMENT

SHAKA IS GONE

Twitter canceled me. Apparently when you make comments like "our current vice president used to suck married San Francisco Mayor Willie Browns d!ck for political promotions" Twitter doesn't seem to like that form of "truth to power".

Funny how that works.
internet-free-speech-twitter-bans-conservatives.jpg

d3262b23c4e132289485c8d8103d085e.jpg

Lets not screw this up. Look at what is out there...Common sense would tell you that you go to UH and steal a BASKETBALL coach....not a football coach. Get a basketball coach from a basketball school likeLoyala, or Gonzaga, or VCU....oh, wait!...

Before we break out the Chris Beard love a couple of things. I am aware that he was a manager on the bb team here. But he went to TT as a coach for a good while and then coached at a couple small schools before he he went back to TT. However he and his wife divorced the 1rst time he was there. His ex and his children still live in Lubbock and he came back because he wants to stay close to his children. If he comes fine. But he'll probably say no. And I think its commendable that a man would put his children ahead of a job that would probably pay more.

Before we break out the Chris Beard love a couple of things. I am aware that he was a manager on the bb team here. But he went to TT as a coach for a good while and then coached at a couple small schools before he he went back to TT. However he and his wife divorced the 1rst time he was there. His ex and his children still live in Lubbock and he came back because he wants to stay close to his children. If he comes fine. But he'll probably say no. And I think its commendable that a man would put his children ahead of a job that would probably pay more.
That’s all true but reality is Texas is the perfect situation for him. He’s not going to be at tech forever and Texas is a top 20 job and he stays fairly close to his kids. His family situation actually works in Texas favor I would think

At least we can say we didn’t spend 7.1 million dollars just to hire Royal Ivey
Royal wouldn’t be my first choice but if we end up with him I could see him being very good. The key though will be building a strong staff around him. Former head coaches and strong recruiters

I tend to agree that Beard won't be interested. He's well regarded at Tech and they're likely to give him another raise. Why would he leave a situation like that and come here to basically rebuild the program from scratch. Next year we have no roster....we're going to be a very bad team next year no matter the coach. He's established himself pretty well at Tech and could be there for the next 20 years. Come here and run the risk of being fired after 4-5 seasons. To him it may not be worth it. I could be wrong.

Rick Pitino is also out there. There's no denying the fact that this guy is an elite coach. 782-227 lifetime record with two national championships and 8 Final Four appearances . He's a lock for the Hall of Fame. The only problem with him is he has a lot of baggage for off court issues. If we're willing to overlook the baggage, we've got a helluva coach. He's the best coach out there that is obtainable. If it weren't for all the baggage, he would be the sure-fire best choice without hesitation.

Keep in mind that OU is also looking for a BBall coach now that Lon Kruger has decided to retire. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Dana Altman is another coach to watch for...he's done an amazing job at Oregon with less than ideal talent.

I forgot that Indiana is also looking for a coach. We may have to strike fast to get the guy we want., whoever that is.

Rick Pitino is also out there. There's no denying the fact that this guy is an elite coach. 782-227 lifetime record with two national championships and 8 Final Four appearances . He's a lock for the Hall of Fame. The only problem with him is he has a lot of baggage for off court issues. If we're willing to overlook the baggage, we've got a helluva coach. He's the best coach out there that is obtainable. If it weren't for all the baggage, he would be the sure-fire best choice without hesitation.

Keep in mind that OU is also looking for a BBall coach now that Lon Kruger has decided to retire. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Pitno is still under NCAA investigation. Not gonna happen. Danna Altman I could get behind guy is a really underrated coach.

Dana Altman is another coach to watch for...he's done an amazing job at Oregon with less than ideal talent.

I forgot that Indiana is also looking for a coach. We may have to strike fast to get the guy we want., whoever that is.
Altman has done a very good job at Oregon. Solid program.

I remember a couple of years ago was probably the best quality candidates available in a long time. Nate Oats, Eric Musselman, and Fred Hoiberg were all available. Maybe we peel Oats or Musselman away from bama or arky.

I remember a couple of years ago was probably the best quality candidates available in a long time. Nate Oats, Eric Musselman, and Fred Hoiberg were all available. Maybe we peel Oats or Musselman away from bama or arky.
They both are underpaid considering their accomplishments. So maybe.

Reactions: westx
Seeing some rumors out there of John Calapari being interested ... he’s never been a guy that stayed in one place too long and UK had a rough year. I’d be surprised though.

Rumors are circulating that Beard to Texas is a done deal... we will see the same report about Urban

I won’t believe he’s doing anything but wringing more money out of Tech unless he’s sitting in front of cameras in Bellmont.
Eh I don’t think tech has much more money to give him. He’s already one of the highest paid coaches in the country. At tech of all places

Yes, I understand all of that. I suppose you can amend my comment to read simply “I won’t believe it unless he’s sitting in front of cameras in Bellmont.”

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT