ADVERTISEMENT

SHAKA IS GONE

Alright, Alright, Alright
Probably why the guys (Hamm & Williams) put in for the transfer portal

It would probably take Beard being paid more than Texas is paying Sark. Is Texas willing to do that

I'm not sure Texas will ever pay a basketball coach what it pays a football coach. My gut says that Beard isn't looking at Texas. But my guts been wrong and I haven't eaten lunch.................

Reactions: okiehorn
I'm not sure Texas will ever pay a basketball coach what it pays a football coach. My gut says that Beard isn't looking at Texas. But my guts been wrong and I haven't eaten lunch.................
Oh I think Beard would take this job but there are a lot of hurdles to go though to get there if they don’t get him though it’s not the end of the world. There are other quality coaches out there.

I think in Beards case CDC can justify equaling or surpassing Sark’s salary. Beard has been successful at multiple programs, been to a championship game and a top 10 coach in college basketball. sark doesn’t come to Texas with that resume. It’s justifiable in this particular case.

Here is my non Chris Beard wish list
Brad Stevens
Eric Mussleman-
Jay Wright Villanova
Brad Underwood
Andy Endield
Porter Mosner
John Beline(with Royal Ivey coming in as HCIW)

I don’t know if you could get Brad Stevens. Rumors are things may turn south in Boston. Not sure you’d get Jay Wright to leave Villanova but if I’m CDC I make the call to both and just see. Worst thing that happens is they say no

Here is my non Chris Beard wish list
Brad Stevens
Eric Mussleman-
Jay Wright Villanova
Brad Underwood
Andy Endield
Porter Mosner
John Beline(with Royal Ivey coming in as HCIW)

I don’t know if you could get Brad Stevens. Rumors are things may turn south in Boston. Not sure you’d get Jay Wright to leave Villanova but if I’m CDC I make the call to both and just see. Worst thing that happens is they say no
I would be ecstatic with either Jay Wright or Enfied. Not sure we could get either but I'd be pleased.
Wright recruits players to stay 4 years. The 2-4th year those players know each other and play as a team. Plus, in general, his recruits are decent academically.
If you've seen USC play in the tournament (e.g., the KU game), you can see that his offense makes use of his players' athleticism. They're not handcuffed as compared to Shaka's offense (which besides being a half-court offense, I have no clue what the identity was).

stevens ain't coming. wright ain't coming, for the same reason mark few wouldn't come. GET ANDY ENFIELD'S NAME OFF OF THIS! the rest of the list looks solid. i wanted musselman the year ark hired him. him, oats, and hoiberg were all available at once. but we were stuck. ... but now we're not.

stevens ain't coming. wright ain't coming, for the same reason mark few wouldn't come. GET ANDY ENFIELD'S NAME OFF OF THIS! the rest of the list looks solid. i wanted musselman the year ark hired him. him, oats, and hoiberg were all available at once. but we were stuck. ... but now we're not.
I don’t think Stevens or Wright would come either, but big moves you don’t expect usually start with someone making a phone call. Make the call. They might say no but you haven’t lost anything.
What’s wrong with Andy Endield? First coach to go to the sweet 16 as a 15 seed, been to the tournament 3 times at USC now in the sweet 16 with them. Could do much much worse

Shaka did Texas a huge favor by leaving voluntarily. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Smart!
Yep. He made a run at Chris Beard a possibility. Anyone know if Texas is making Marquette/Shaka pay a buyout?

First of all, I didn't know Jerry Stackhouse is Vanderbilts coach. I was a little surprised in how this list pans out. Some who I thought were making more are making less and vice versa.

Shaka knew it was his time to go after that embarrassing lost. Glad Shaka found a way out he didn't want to see himself like Herman. Shaka has a little more dignity then cocky ol Herman.

Wait which one of you on here was praying really hard for this?

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
We don't pay him anything. Not sure if Marquette will have to pay us or not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT