ADVERTISEMENT

Spanker Gheyfield and Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are seeing more Big 12 quarterbacks succeed in the NFL because everybody underestimates how good the offenses in this conference really are. Everybody can say the Big 12 doesn’t play defense all day but what they don’t realize is when you have an offense that can put together 80+ yard drives in under 2 minutes that is putting the defense on the field a lot.

I thought it was interesting a couple of years ago when Tech and OU played in Lubbock where both teams had ridiculous offensive numbers ( I think each team over 800 yards of offense). The national perception was on the Big 12 doesn't play defense, blah blah blah. There was some truth to it, but it was more about two bright offensive minds as well as two talented quarterbacks.

Bring it full circle, and a couple weeks ago all the water cooler talk was about the prime time game between the Rams and Chiefs; I think one team in the 50's and the other in the high 40's. What the Big 12 may lack in overall defense, it would appear the Conference is ahead of the curve in offense...just look at how the NFL is trending.

48421871_10158155030144552_3864297499162312704_n.jpg

And then there's this...

You see that asswipe staredown the coach from Cinnci today. Man I wish he played baseball. He would get his smart ass beat down.

Sorry we don’t put with criminality, cheaters and low character humans for wins like you okie trash. Chuckelz, lulz, heehee.

Scholz I'm not saying this in a threatening way, but would you care to meet at the next RRR? Don't respond with something childish if the answer is no. I'll make sure everyone in our group treats you with respect. Just let me know and we will keep in touch.

Mayfield is the 2nd greatest college qb of the last 50 years, trailing only the 2018 Heisman trophy winner and future game mvp of the first round of playoffs vs Bama. What a Merry Christmas this is sure to be!!!!

You see that asswipe staredown the coach from Cinnci today. Man I wish he played baseball. He would get his smart ass beat down.

It is difficult to understand why he taunts opponents. I've always thought (IMHO) it was wiser not to provide motivation to those that you're competing against.

But he manages to keep his bad behavior at a level that his fan base covertly enjoys, and that doesn't earn him the wrath of the media.

He's over the top, but not too over the top, if that makes any sense.

I know you guys hate him, but I'm pretty proud that he ended up wearing crimson and cream.

Longhorns are never proud of complete douchebags. Stark difference between our fan bases.

I'll have to disagree with you on your choices, Bell. I'll take VY all day over those two guys.

Hook'em!

I guess VY was more effective in his senior year of college vs. Mayfield, but not by a lot. That natty winning drive though.

But what will it mean LonghornMM, if Mayfield goes on to have a better pro career than VY? It hasn't happened yet, but it looks possible.

Do we conclude then, that overall, Mayfield is/was the better pure QB vs. VY?

Or did VY flame out at the pro level because he couldn't handle the mental part of being a professional athlete?

Only care what VY did at our university. Which is win a national championship. Unlike Peterson or Mayfield.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I guess VY was more effective in his senior year of college vs. Mayfield, but not by a lot. That natty winning drive though.

But what will it mean LonghornMM, if Mayfield goes on to have a better pro career than VY? It hasn't happened yet, but it looks possible.

Do we conclude then, that overall, Mayfield is/was the better pure QB vs. VY?

Or did VY flame out at the pro level because he couldn't handle the mental part of being a professional athlete?
First---- Vince left as a junior.
Second--- Vince was the NFL rookie of the year and went to two pro bowls.
Third-- Vince single handedly took the titans to the playoffs as a rookie.

What happened to Vince was simple--- he grew up in a bad neighborhood filled with bad people around him as a kid. When he came back to said neighborhood to collect his mom and sister and bring them to Tennessee two things happened:

1. His momma wouldn't leave. She simply didn't know any better. Vince had a beautiful house picked out for her near his home and his mom wouldn't leave because Houston was her home.
2. All the bad people that he grew up with turned on him because they had their hand out and Vince wouldn't give them any hand outs. So bad people made threats about his mom and sister. You try concentrating on your work when the only two people that ever truly loved you are being threatened by hood rats that you know first hand are dangerous.

I honestly like vince, I just think his best asset was he out-athleted everyone in college. Great college QB, just not cut out for long term in the pros. It happens

Congrats on your pro players. We have those too. We also have a national title that VY won and Peterson and Mayfield failed at.

The big 12 was absolutely terrible in 2005 and VY benefited from that. Now even in a good year in the conference he might have done the same thing. He also tore it up vs usc. You aren't going to upset me, like I said I kinda like the guy. I also like McCoy

I agree that Peterson wasn’t so hot in ‘05. There you see? Common ground

Too bad he made that poor decision to go to OU for a championship. Ha.

Last edited:
The big 12 was absolutely terrible in 2005 and VY benefited from that. Now even in a good year in the conference he might have done the same thing. He also tore it up vs usc. You aren't going to upset me, like I said I kinda like the guy. I also like McCoy

So using your logic, the Big 12 was "absolutely terrible" in 2000 when OU won their NC. It couldn't be that Texas or OU had really good teams those years. Nah, that couldn't have anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Scholz
First---- Vince left as a junior.
Second--- Vince was the NFL rookie of the year and went to two pro bowls.
Third-- Vince single handedly took the titans to the playoffs as a rookie.

What happened to Vince was simple--- he grew up in a bad neighborhood filled with bad people around him as a kid. When he came back to said neighborhood to collect his mom and sister and bring them to Tennessee two things happened:

1. His momma wouldn't leave. She simply didn't know any better. Vince had a beautiful house picked out for her near his home and his mom wouldn't leave because Houston was her home.
2. All the bad people that he grew up with turned on him because they had their hand out and Vince wouldn't give them any hand outs. So bad people made threats about his mom and sister. You try concentrating on your work when the only two people that ever truly loved you are being threatened by hood rats that you know first hand are dangerous.

Interesting. I had never heard the story about his mom and the people that he outgrew. Appreciate you posting that.

Because I know you guys have probably rehashed VY's professional successes and setbacks a million times here.

I do remember VY having a very good start to his pro career. In fact, I remember one game where, ironically enough, it was VY against Hollywood Matt Leinart and the Cardinals. And once again, VY willed the his team down the field for a walk-off touchdown win. lol.. funny how life works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT