Texas Recruiting

Stacked but not as experienced. Worthy, Mitchell, and Jwhit have played a lot of football. .
im still on the fence if i think Mitchell is leaving. I think the money he makes in Austin right now is enough and he moved here to be close to his daughter. Could come back. Worth and Whitt gone.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
im still on the fence if i think Mitchell is leaving. I think the money he makes in Austin right now is enough and he moved here to be close to his daughter. Could come back. Worth and Whitt gone.
Hoping like hell you’re right. I’m not ready to see AD leave. That dude is a character and fun to watch. Easily my favorite player. One year in Austin is not enough.

Reactions: hookem777
Hoping like hell you’re right. I’m not ready to see AD leave. That dude is a character and fun to watch. Easily my favorite player. One year in Austin is not enough.
Hoping he thinks the same and wants to stay for his kid again. But we'll see

Metcalf....you are my man and I trust your observations as much as anyone's on here....but I have yet to see AD really wow me. He has made some very nice catches, but the next time I see him make any kind of downfield block to help the team will be the first time. I dont guess it is his fault, but I still dont know why they dont throw a 10 foot high pass to him from the 3 yd line....who else could get it?....

Anyway, because it is you I will try and start watching him more closely.

Metcalf....you are my man and I trust your observations as much as anyone's on here....but I have yet to see AD really wow me. He has made some very nice catches, but the next time I see him make any kind of downfield block to help the team will be the first time. I dont guess it is his fault, but I still dont know why they dont throw a 10 foot high pass to him from the 3 yd line....who else could get it?....

Anyway, because it is you I will try and start watching him more closely.
Well, let me start by saying that being my favorite player, does not necessarily mean one has to be the greatest player. For example, Eric Metcalf was not the greatest RB to come through Austin, obviously, but he’s still my favorite all time player.

It’s my own personal “fun to watch” stat. Eric for obvious reasons, maybe a little more subtle for AD. The guy just exudes confidence and an entertaining personality. The way he matter of factly located the flag on the PI call against Alabama, then calmly turns to the DB pointing back at the flag as if to say, “hey man, is that yours?” I saw a video, I wish I knew where, because I can’t find it now, of him all by himself dancing to “Dixieland Delight” at Bryant Denny, only a couple minutes before catching the first of his two huge TDs in the fourth. He knew it was coming.

While I agree his blocking could use some work, and I’m hoping that can be used as an excuse to make him work on it for another year, the guy is just a big play waiting to happen, and if he gets the opportunity, it’s a damn good chance he’s going to make it. Ice water flows through his veins.

Well, let me start by saying that being my favorite player, does not necessarily mean one has to be the greatest player. For example, Eric Metcalf was not the greatest RB to come through Austin, obviously, but he’s still my favorite all time player.

It’s my own personal “fun to watch” stat. Eric for obvious reasons, maybe a little more subtle for AD. The guy just exudes confidence and an entertaining personality. The way he matter of factly located the flag on the PI call against Alabama, then calmly turns to the DB pointing back at the flag as if to say, “hey man, is that yours?” I saw a video, I wish I knew where, because I can’t find it now, of him all by himself dancing to “Dixieland Delight” at Bryant Denny, only a couple minutes before catching the first of his two huge TDs in the fourth. He knew it was coming.

While I agree his blocking could use some work, and I’m hoping that can be used as an excuse to make him work on it for another year, the guy is just a big play waiting to happen, and if he gets the opportunity, it’s a damn good chance he’s going to make it. Ice water flows through his veins.
Agreed, he needs more targets.

fair enough....Hell, my favorite player is Savion Red.

The reason I like Red is that I have yet to see him get the ball in the "Redcat" and fail to get the needed yardage. He just will not quit until he gets there.

I’m not calling Mitchell a great blocker by any means but his efforts as of late vs. the beginning of the year are night and day. You can tell he was called out and instead of being a diva about it he dialed in his focus. I’m a fan.

I’m not calling Mitchell a great blocker by any means but his efforts as of late vs. the beginning of the year are night and day. You can tell he was called out and instead of being a diva about it he dialed in his focus. I’m a fan.
He’s definitely gotten better. Of course his blocking couldn’t of gotten much worse lol

Via Hornsports:

IT...

- RB Jonathan Brooks is expected back next year due to his knee injury on Saturday night.

- sources saying it's not a foregone conclusion that QB Quinn Ewers will leave for the NFL due to working through his shoulder injury and it being a QB heavy draft this year. Hamilton believes it's 65/35 currently that he returns for 2024

Reactions: hookem777
Via Hornsports:

IT...

- RB Jonathan Brooks is expected back next year due to his knee injury on Saturday night.

- sources saying it's not a foregone conclusion that QB Quinn Ewers will leave for the NFL due to working through his shoulder injury and it being a QB heavy draft this year. Hamilton believes it's 65/35 currently that he returns for 2024
good

Murphy will Transfer, Arch will start as a RS Sophomore. Go into the SEC with a very experienced O-line. Experienced QB, experienced RB and If we can get A.D Mitchell to come back that would be gravy on top.

The only player im comfortable saying hes gone is Worthy.

Could Texas be next year what FSU did this year? FSU got a lot of dudes back who could have left, and they came back for the sole purpose of doing what they are doing. Texas could be that team next year.

Could Texas be next year what FSU did this year? FSU got a lot of dudes back who could have left, and they came back for the sole purpose of doing what they are doing. Texas could be that team next year.
true and true..but i also think FSU isnt as good as their record shows. I think Texas would be even better.

true and true..but i also think FSU isnt as good as their record shows. I think Texas would be even better.
I agree, and also keep in mind next year it won’t be “will me make the playoffs?” If you are 9-1 you are definitely going.

Looking at the teams we play next year I look at it this way.

5 games that are lock wins. Colorado state, uTSA, ULM, vandy and Miss state.

3 more they should win. Arkansas, Kentucky, and Florida.

And 4 tossup games. Michigan, OU, UGA, and A&M

I agree, and also keep in mind next year it won’t be “will me make the playoffs?” If you are 9-1 you are definitely going.

Looking at the teams we play next year I look at it this way.

5 games that are lock wins. Colorado state, uTSA, ULM, vandy and Miss state.

3 more they should win. Arkansas, Kentucky, and Florida.

And 4 tossup games. Michigan, OU, UGA, and A&M
Idk if aggy will be a toss up but everything else yes sir I agree

Idk if aggy will be a toss up but everything else yes sir I agree
Yeah. It may not be. But rivary games are always a little tricky. Who knows to what that Michigan game will be. Michigan does lose a lot of their roster and who knows maybe their coach as well.

good

Murphy will Transfer, Arch will start as a RS Sophomore. Go into the SEC with a very experienced O-line. Experienced QB, experienced RB and If we can get A.D Mitchell to come back that would be gravy on top.

The only player im comfortable saying hes gone is Worthy.

AD is gone has been projected as the 31 pick to the Chiefs or a late first rounder or early 2nd rounder. Worthy is gone, Whittington is gone, Sanders is gone, Brooks would of been gone due to injury, Quinn as well but Quinn is still a big maybe cause the league needs Qbs even though it would be a loaded draft.

AD is gone has been projected as the 31 pick to the Chiefs or a late first rounder or early 2nd rounder. Worthy is gone, Whittington is gone, Sanders is gone, Brooks would of been gone due to injury, Quinn as well but Quinn is still a big maybe cause the league needs Qbs even though it would be a loaded draft.
Wouldn't count on Sanders and AD just saying... those 2 are my biggest toss ups

Brooks is a Sophomore this year. i dont see him leaving.

AD came home for his daughter..That could keep him home for one more year...