Texas Recruiting

Wouldn't count on Sanders and AD just saying... those 2 are my biggest toss ups

Brooks is a Sophomore this year. i dont see him leaving.

AD came home for his daughter..That could keep him home for one more year...

Brooks is a RS Soph he can leave and AD can make more money for his daughter.

Brooks is a RS Soph he can leave and AD can make more money for his daughter.
Money to a parent isn't always everything. NFL will always be there. Living next to his daughter who hes obviously not with baby momma is something else.

AD is out if he gets the idea he’s a late first rounder. Too much money to pass up. If he comes back and tears a knee up, he loses big money.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
AD is out if he gets the idea he’s a late first rounder. Too much money to pass up. If he comes back and tears a knee up, he loses big money.
we shall see..im not convinced. With Harrison JR and Worthy, i dont see AD going 1st round.. i see him coming back with QE and both being top 20 1st rounders in the next draft.

Could Texas be next year what FSU did this year? FSU got a lot of dudes back who could have left, and they came back for the sole purpose of doing what they are doing. Texas could be that team next year.
When I was watching the Miami/FSU game they revealed some star that is mind-blowing they have played over 200 games as starters.

Well he has a son if he's projected to go high he'll definitely go pro.

Last edited:
I don't see AD staying. He's after NFL money as soon as he can get it and I'm not sure his draft grade will improve from what it is this year because he already has a pretty good highlight reel. The NFL already knows what he can do and doesn't need another season to watch him.

I though Whittington would have more touches this year because he is a senior but I guess there is not much left over after Worthy, AD, Sanders, Brooks, and Baxter get theirs.

If I were a betting man I would put my money on Quinn leaving. The story about him possibly returning is classic click bait.

He’s gone after this season as planned all along. That’s my belief.

we shall see..im not convinced. With Harrison JR and Worthy, i dont see AD going 1st round.. i see him coming back with QE and both being top 20 1st rounders in the next draft.
AD and worthy are gone for sure. JT Sanders is as well. All 3 of those guys are fringe 1st round picks. There's a lot of WR needy teams in the 1st round next season.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
If I were a betting man I would put my money on Quinn leaving. The story about him possibly returning is classic click bait.

He’s gone after this season as planned all along. That’s my belief.
I truly don't believe that. He's not even a top 5 QB on most draft boards. On some he's not even top 10. If he stays and develops another year he could easily be the best QB in next years class and be a sure fire first round pick. Next year is a really weak QB class compared to this season. His stock has fallen a lot this season with the injury. There's a lot of good that could be had for him coming back another year.

I truly don't believe that. He's not even a top 5 QB on most draft boards. On some he's not even top 10. If he stays and develops another year he could easily be the best QB in next years class and be a sure fire first round pick. Next year is a really weak QB class compared to this season. His stock has fallen a lot this season with the injury. There's a lot of good that could be had for him coming back another year.
I agree with most of this as sound reasoning for him returning but the counter to that is that he's already showing to be at least a little bit fragile from a durability standpoint. What happens if he comes back and gets knocked out again next year with something worse. If he skips the bowl season and gets 100% healthy, he'll definitely light it up during a pro day and I think that will bump him up at least a few spots on most people's draft board.

Bobby Burton putting a 90% tag on Quinn returning. J Brooks will have to come back as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
I though Whittington would have more touches this year because he is a senior but I guess there is not much left over after Worthy, AD, Sanders, Brooks, and Baxter get theirs.
Sark after Whittington forces the fumble against TCU, “13? Who the hell is 13?”

Personally, I hope he does return for another season. However, NFL scouting is much different today. More and more emphasis is being placed on individual workouts and combine workouts. Look at Will Levis. He was not considered to be among the top 7-10 QB's going into his senior season. At the end of the season, he was rated a little higher but not much. Once he went through his workouts and combine, his stock climbed much higher and he ended up being drafted with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round. I can definitely see Quinn taking a similar path. His arm talent alone may get him a first round grade. If he finishes the season strong and has great workouts, I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted late first or early second round, which would place him among the top 5 QB's taken.

Personally, I hope he does return for another season. However, NFL scouting is much different today. More and more emphasis is being placed on individual workouts and combine workouts. Look at Will Levis. He was not considered to be among the top 7-10 QB's going into his senior season. At the end of the season, he was rated a little higher but not much. Once he went through his workouts and combine, his stock climbed much higher and he ended up being drafted with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round. I can definitely see Quinn taking a similar path. His arm talent alone may get him a first round grade. If he finishes the season strong and has great workouts, I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted late first or early second round, which would place him among the top 5 QB's taken.
If he’s considering coming back, then chances are he’s not getting 1st round draft projections from scouts at all. I really don’t think anyone is seeing him as a 1st rounder this year. Next year he has a chance to work his way back to a 1st round grade.

Now there's this. Apparently, Thamel is pretty close to the Ewers family and was the guy who broke the news of Quinn transferring to Texas from Ohio St.

Regardless if he DOES stay...all the people online lately saying Arch is gone are morons. It means absolutely nothing for Arch, his family understands the process and they aren't relying on him for that golden ticket out of poverty. They want him to grow and be ready to continue the family legacy in the NFL. Sark can get him ready for that.

AD and worthy are gone for sure. JT Sanders is as well. All 3 of those guys are fringe 1st round picks. There's a lot of WR needy teams in the 1st round next season.

these are the College Football WR's todays draft stock in order as far as ranking

Marvin Harrison Jr. Head Shot
Marvin HARRISON J...
WR Ohio State

Malik Nabers Head Shot
Malik NABERS
WR LSU

Rome Odunze Head Shot
Rome ODUNZE
WR Washington

Emeka Egbuka Head Shot
Emeka EGBUKA
WR Ohio State

Xavier Worthy Head Shot
Xavier WORTHY
WR Texas

Keon Coleman Head Shot
Keon COLEMAN
WR Florida State

Adonai Mitchell Head Shot
Adonai MITCHELL
WR Texas

Xavier Legette Head Shot
Xavier LEGETTE
WR South Carolina

Troy Franklin Head Shot
Troy FRANKLIN
WR Oregon

Johnny Wilson Head Shot
Johnny WILSON
WR Florida State

these are the College Football WR's todays draft stock in order as far as ranking

Marvin Harrison Jr. Head Shot
Marvin HARRISON J...
WR Ohio State

Malik Nabers Head Shot
Malik NABERS
WR LSU

Rome Odunze Head Shot
Rome ODUNZE
WR Washington

Emeka Egbuka Head Shot
Emeka EGBUKA
WR Ohio State

Xavier Worthy Head Shot
Xavier WORTHY
WR Texas

Keon Coleman Head Shot
Keon COLEMAN
WR Florida State

Adonai Mitchell Head Shot
Adonai MITCHELL
WR Texas

Xavier Legette Head Shot
Xavier LEGETTE
WR South Carolina

Troy Franklin Head Shot
Troy FRANKLIN
WR Oregon

Johnny Wilson Head Shot
Johnny WILSON
WR Florida State
And? It’s pretty common for 9-10 WRs to go in the first 2 rounds which is why I said “fringe 1st rounders”. It’s a passing league now and TEs like JT are not easy to find. JT, Xavier, and AD are gone. I would say it’s about 99%.

And? It’s pretty common for 9-10 WRs to go in the first 2 rounds which is why I said “fringe 1st rounders”. It’s a passing league now and TEs like JT are not easy to find. JT, Xavier, and AD are gone. I would say it’s about 99%.
if AD isnt a 1st round pick he could come back. That was my point.

He's a senior so he's leaving no matter what but I'm looking forward to seeing where J Whittington will go.

if AD isnt a 1st round pick he could come back. That was my point.
I don't believe that for a minute. He's as good as gone regardless. The NIL money is often overrated compared to what is reported. The signing bonus from the 1st pick in the 2nd round is around 4-5 million so that trumps any NIL money he would be getting. Hell even 3rd round picks are getting 1-2 million dollar signing bonuses.

I don't believe that for a minute. He's as good as gone regardless. The NIL money is often overrated compared to what is reported. The signing bonus from the 1st pick in the 2nd round is around 4-5 million so that trumps any NIL money he would be getting. Hell even 3rd round picks are getting 1-2 million dollar signing bonuses.
We will save and come back to this !

Any news on possible flips?
Saw @Hookedonit news about Kobe Black.

Doesn’t seem much left on the board, but some guys with at minimal interest early might be looking?
Kobe Black announced Nov-29, he is likely choosing Texas.

Gerry H made a comment after the Iowa State game that with Florida losing and A&M still in the coaching search, it all sets up nicely for Texas in terms of Filsame (S) and Tyanthony (LB). You then have alone Black committing soon, and Gerry said “you can all but guarantee a top 5 class.”

Reactions: weevilcatch