ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Fong is saying that the Aggies are likely to get McKinley.

Man Texas went from being in the lead for the past two months, and then Aggie got all the momentum in the past few days. Ags must’ve dropped a huge bag.

I mean of course they did, but that is what has become of recruiting now. Kids will say some bullshit about "home" or "God's plan" but its money.

I have a feeling we nabbed a few guys because of the dollars as well. It is what it is now.

Good news is, tomorrow isn't signing day.

I don't think anybody truly had a good beat on where McKinley was going to go. Sounds like he's kept everything really close to the vest in his recruitment. But just because he commits somewhere else tomorrow doesn't mean a thing. See Anthony Hill and Kelvin Banks for proof of that it's not over until pen meets the paper.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I’m not buying this aggy BS. Academics are extremely important to this kid and his mom. He’s a computer science major, and Texas is waaaaay ahead of the others in CS. If he chooses anything other than Texas I’ll be shocked, and I’ll smell a rat.

I’m not buying this aggy BS. Academics are extremely important to this kid and his mom. He’s a computer science major, and Texas is waaaaay ahead of the others in CS. If he chooses anything other than Texas I’ll be shocked, and I’ll smell a rat.
Pretty much all of the insiders are saying aggie or OU now. Are you hearing different?

I mean of course they did, but that is what has become of recruiting now. Kids will say some bullshit about "home" or "God's plan" but its money.

I have a feeling we nabbed a few guys because of the dollars as well. It is what it is now.

Good news is, tomorrow isn't signing day.
It’s always been that way… the money is just put in the open now instead of under the table

From HS:

Vogel at TFB is saying the same source that gave him confidence and changed his pick to Texas for Simmons is saying Texas for McKinley. Also said OU side doesn't feel confident. Seems like everybody has a different view on this.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
From MBhornsfan on HS:

Reading the tea leaves at various places Texas has not really talked any NIL with Mckinley and they do not seem worried if he picks someone else tomorrow. They will wait to make their big play in December if they want to go all in with him. Also sounds like they like him but do not love him. They got their #1 DT on the board in Robinson already.

Reactions: weevilcatch
From HS:

Vogel at TFB is saying the same source that gave him confidence and changed his pick to Texas for Simmons is saying Texas for McKinley. Also said OU side doesn't feel confident. Seems like everybody has a different view on this.
Im all in!! Let’s go!!!

From the scuttle I am reading, it appears that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it will be aggy today for McKinley.

Goodbye GIF

Let’s wait for the aggy silly season to end before writing him off just yet. We are all aware of their MO

Let’s wait for the aggy silly season to end before writing him off just yet. We are all aware of their MO
That’s what I’m saying If aggy has another season like last season, and Texas has a good season in big sure this sticks.

No offense, but your "MO" hasn't been much better. You may wreck shop this year, but you haven't fared as well as us since 2009.

I agree, and we have been mediocre, but to feign superiority recently is strange( other than last year).

None taken Joe. I didn’t say we would land him based on our results. I said you lose him based on yours.

I honestly think this is one of the biggest seasons in a LONG time for both programs. Texas is coming to the SEC which is just naturally going to cause a little bump in recruiting with the new shiny toy. A&M has a great class building and with a good season could hang on to that class and build momentum for themselves. Both teams want to go into 24 with momentum. I can't imagine Texas having a bad season with the talent they have compared to what is in the Big 12 right now. Nine wins should be a floor with this team. To me there is a strong chance they could beat Alabama. They have no clue who their QB is and the beginning of the year is a great time to catch them. Yes, they have a lot of talent, but they always take a bit to gel and then get stronger as the year goes. If they beat Bama, then the hype would be pretty substantial.
If Bama dominates them then we get to is Stark staying or going and leaves doubt in recruits minds. If A&M can put together at least 9 wins then that is going to be huge for them. It's going to be a fun year with kids coming and going during the recruiting cycle as always.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT