ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs moonshine thread

If reality is Les Miles --- then keep Strong!
The reason I say it's not reality is because although Texas can offer basically anything they aren't going to go way over the market. They'd pay say a Dabo 10 million to come to Texas. That's about what the elite coaches are getting. Not sure they'd go beyond that.

I'm walking to my fridge-- yanking out that lollipop ribeye I've been marinating and firing up the grill. Maybe a fat steak and 9 belgian beers will ease my soul.

I am unwrapping a WhataBurger with cheese and Japs all the way with a 6 pack of Shiner beer and never fired up the grill....

Hook'em

Reactions: freeper and westx
The reason I say it's not reality is because although Texas can offer basically anything they aren't going to go way over the market. They'd pay say a Dabo 10 million to come to Texas. That's about what the elite coaches are getting. Not sure they'd go beyond that.
You are probably right, but why not? The football team isn't a corporation that is growing retained earnings, its about winning NOW. UT gets $20 million/year from LHN (is that right?) that no one else gets. Take advantage of it!

If it is John Harbaugh-Yes, we wait. Easy. He doesn't need better players than you to beat you
True and we have a talented team. But you gotta get some sort of a freshman class. Maybe if they go that route the offensive staff stsys in place, recruits and Harbaugh brings a defensive staff in. Something to keep in mind john doesn't come in with a expertise in offense or defense. So maybe that's the best way to go and not disrupt the learning on offense. Harbaugh is going to need college expierence con his staff anyway.

Strong would be lucky to reach 8-4 with this years Alabama players..

edit: coach's outcoached themselves having a snapper on fg/extra points smaller than some of our cornerbacks. 5'11"__204lbs

Strong would be lucky to reach 8-4 with this years Alabama players..

edit: coach's outcoached themselves having a snapper on fg/extra points smaller than some of our cornerbacks. 5'11"__204lbs
You make a great point. How WOULD Strong do with a team of players like bama? I think he would make them average

That's kind of why I lean toward Malzahn. Aubrun doesn't have what I would call elite talent especially on offense and QB. Yet there they are in the thick of things. I'd also hire Harsin for the same reason

Last edited:
Charlie Strong will have excellent teams if allowed to stick around. It takes time. That's the thing about Americans, they have no patience. Relax and enjoy the progress being made. This team will be in the playoffs in 2 years.
Puff puff pass...... unless you mean they will be in the playoffs under a different staff.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Charlie Strong will have excellent teams if allowed to stick around. It takes time. That's the thing about Americans, they have no patience. Relax and enjoy the progress being made. This team will be in the playoffs in 2 years.
Hahahahahahahhaha hahahahahaha

If Wikipedia has been updated, then strong is 16-19 , if not, he is 16-20, either way he is still the worst coach in UT history. His teams are unprepared, and for those that say he has beaten ranked teams, look at where to those teams are at the end of the season, not when you beat them. Baylor and Notre Dame will not be ranked at seasons end. Time to move on.

In all seriousness if Les Miles were willing to keep Gilbert or adopt that kind of system at least it might be worth some thought.

114-34 at LSU
2 SEC titles
1 national title

He'd be a short term fix(4-5 years) but at a time when there aren't great candidates out there maybe worth thinking about. He'd probably dominate the the big 12 which would put us in the thick of the title picture.

In all seriousness if Les Miles were willing to keep Gilbert or adopt that kind of system at least it might be worth some thought.

114-34 at LSU
2 SEC titles
1 national title

He'd be a short term fix(4-5 years) but at a time when there aren't great candidates out there maybe worth thinking about. He'd probably dominate the the big 12 which would put us in the thick of the title picture.
I will take you out, bye you 2 beers- and by the time you're done with both beers I will explain to you the 10 reasons Les Miles wont b work here.

I will take you out, bye you 2 beers- and by the time you're done with both beers I will explain to you the 10 reasons Les Miles wont b work here.
I'm not necessarily saying Les Miles is the answer. The point is no one really wants Tom Herrman because he's unproven but there really aren't that many proven attainable coaches. If we're going to fire Strong you gotta hire someone.

I'll take you up on those beers though.

I'm not necessarily saying Les Miles is the answer. The point is no one really wants Tom Herrman because he's unproven but there really aren't that many proven attainable coaches. If we're going to fire Strong you gotta hire someone.

I'll take you up on those beers though.
If we have to buy the entire Ravens franchise in oder to get Harbaugh, we need to cut that check.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I just can't understand how we lost today. After a rough first quarter, our defense adjusted and turned in a solid performance. I'd never thought I'd see Dylan Haines intercept two passes. And what a game by Malcolm Roach.

What was wrong with our ol today?

Is it just me or did it take our offense too long to get the plays sent in? What's wrong? Gilbert? The coaches in the press box?

The University of Texas has a great tradition of great kickers. This LSU guy has had 5 pat's or fg's blocked this year. No wonder Les Miles took his scholarship away. Darrell Royal who always had a great kicking game must be turning over in his grave.

We have lost 4 games by 22 points this year.

I just can't understand how we lost today. After a rough first quarter, our defense adjusted and turned in a solid performance. I'd never thought I'd see Dylan Haines intercept two passes. And what a game by Malcolm Roach.

What was wrong with our ol today?

Is it just me or did it take our offense too long to get the plays sent in? What's wrong? Gilbert? The coaches in the press box?

The University of Texas has a great tradition of great kickers. This LSU guy has had 5 pat's or fg's blocked this year. No wonder Les Miles took his scholarship away. Darrell Royal who always had a great kicking game must be turning over in his grave.

We have lost 4 games by 22 points this year.
What happened today? Offense was off. Shane looked like a freshman today. Hasn't happened a lot this year but it happened today.

One note on Harbaugh. He does have a special teams coach background. He could really tighten up,one of the bigger issues on this team.

I noticed on another site that some Horn fans were throwing around the name of Lane Kiffen. I don't think that would be a good hire.

Reactions: westx
I noticed on another site that some Horn fans were throwing around the name of Lane Kiffen. I don't think that would be a good hire.
Nah. Lane is a really smart offensivs coach and I think he will do a better job at his next HC opportunity. It shouldn't be at a place like UT though.

I figure you can't go too wrong hiring a guy with the last name of Harbaugh. I wonder if Meyer has a brother?

Reactions: freeper
If we have to buy the entire Ravens franchise in oder to get Harbaugh, we need to cut that check.
I know he is a great NFL coach but what makes you think it will transfer to the college game? Not disagreeing with you at all just want your opinion of why? Is it his in game adjustments? eye for talent? Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT