ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs TT ( Non Political) Football Game Thread

Texas Tech's defense is not too shabby. Much improved aggressiveness and attitude.

Calling higher risk plays on 1st down, right after huge conversions, causing us to get behind the chains immediately after something positive. Drive killers. Getting 3 or 4 yards on first down is crucial. But, I’m old school.

In my mind, Beck mismanaged the drive against OSU, after Jones buried us inside the 5 yd line by fielding that punt. Tries to throw deep on the first play. It got us off schedule in a huge moment where we needed a drive. Maybe Sam checked into that play.

Just now, for instance, we are gashing them with the run, and we go away from it and take two sacks in a row. Thankful for the face-mask call.

Did you ever watch Herman at Houston? That's how he coaches. Push the ball down field and run it with your QB.

I guess I'm just too old-fashioned...but damn...when I see our boys line up with only 3 down linemen.....I cringe...

Anyone calling Sam out at this point is just blind. Sam has proven all year he is a good QB and not the reason for our poor preformance. I might be drunk but even I can see that

The o line is getting destroyed. Bottom line

Anyone calling Sam out at this point is just blind. Sam has proven all year he is a good QB and not the reason for our poor preformance. I might be drunk but even I can see that

The o line is getting destroyed. Bottom line

He's doing good except for taking sacks.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
2 times he got sacked it was his fault. The rest are the o line playing like garbage.

Not his fault. He manages the game well and plays well. Doesn't turn the ball over either. Get us a good o line and a good d line and we are a damn good team

All true. However, standing flat footed for 5 seconds, and then running backward is flat out stupid. One time is too many for that to happen. If he wasn't bailed out by a penalty, we're tied 10-10 right now.

Did you ever watch Herman at Houston? That's how he coaches. Push the ball down field and run it with your QB.

Yeah, I get it, but there are times when you have to depart from your typical MO a bit, based upon the flow of a game. Hey, I realize I’m just a spectator, not an expert. I just find myself scratching my head a lot.

Yes,I hate too,At least 4 to put pressure on the QB.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you 100 percent but it's a bit of a catch 22 against TT. You pretty much have to let a high octane offence make the mistakes with all hands on deck.

I get the feeling Beck doesn't want to flush their speed demon QB out too often. He's an explosive play machine.

The thing I think what I have noticed, over the years, is that when we get a QB experienced enough that he starts checking off to what he thinks ( and is successful enough not to get yanked ) finally moves TEXAS. They have to escape the Offensive Coordinator. I think Major, Vince, and Colt got "big enough" to do that, at times

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
Nice drive. Took up almost 5 minutes, extends the lead to 2 touchdowns. Couldn’t ask for more, and people bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT