ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Weather Thread

DHHorn

Dec 10, 2014
Yeah it's hot in June, just like it is every year. Is it just me or does it seem like the 100+ degree temps are being exaggerated. Every day I look on my Weather Channel App on my phone to look at the forecast and every day it predicts my area to reach 102 or 101 and every day the actual temp consistently lands about two degrees lower than the forecast (on the same app). This has been happening every day. Is the weather service and media trying to make it seem like it is hotter than the actual temp knowing that most people look at the forecast and take it as fact? I know it doesn't matter if it's 99 or 101, but 101 looks much worse than 99 on a forecast.

Also, ERCOT gets a lot of criticism but every day they are meeting the demand with generating capacity to spare. They are doing exactly what they are intending to do. They schedule enough energy to meet the demand but not too much so that there is an excess, it's on purpose. All the environmentalists should be happy that they are not scheduling too much that is not needed. Wouldn't that be wasteful and cause more pollutants? Yet they freak out every day when the demand gets close to the scheduled output. I'm not in the energy field so I could be off base but it doesn't seem that complicated.

No it's hot asf! I don't remember mid June being 100+ and my grass drying. July-Sept I remember but not June.Also being in Houston the humidity is like being in a sauna with a blow dryer. Ercot can suck it though!

Reactions: Amill2714
Texas is red. They want Texas blue. Most ppl don't understand how ERCOT production works so the media uses scare tactics to sway stupid ppl so they'll vote Abbott out.

We cant oredict the weather from day to day but we can accurately predict climate change?

Uh ya.... sure.... i believe that......

What should Texas do?
Easy. We are awash in Natural gas that's only going to become more valuable. Abbott needs to start using natgas as our cash register. Sell it all out of state. Use the BILLIONS in tax money to fund small nuclear facilities. Place them all over Texas.
South Padre-
Galveston
Beaumont
Dallas
SA
Austin
We can build these Small Modular Reactors with a 300MW power output for about $800 million a piece.
Each SMR can power around 225,000 homes.

With our 32 billion dollar budget surplus this year we could build about 40 SMR here in state.

40 SMR × 225,000 per reactor = 9,000,000 homes with power.

There's around 11 million homes in Texas. Texas would have the CLEANEST energy footprint in the world, and our state would be flush with cash from selling our gas to outsiders. These reactors don't need to be refueled for up to 30 years.

You're welcome.

Not sure where you're at but it's been one hot mofo this week. Actually feels a lot warmer than normal to me. I'm in the DFW area and we broke humidity records the last week.

Reactions: hookem777
No it's hot asf! I don't remember mid June being 100+ and my grass drying. July-Sept I remember but not June.Also being in Houston the humidity is like being in a sauna with a blow dryer. Ercot can suck it though!
Last year was like this, a few years before that, 2011, a few years in the 1990's, and pretty much a year or two in every decade before that.

Last year was like this, a few years before that, 2011, a few years in the 1990's, and pretty much a year or two in every decade before that.
You're probably right but I don't remember it being 100+ back to back in the same week. Today feels like a regular summer day in Houston. Yesterday and the days before felt like the Devil's ass!

I don't watch the news on television by the way I just get temps from my phone app and then my car. Plus just being outside it feels like the sun and humidity is sitting on you.

Last edited:
North Texas last year was worse than 1980. It was bad. 30+ days in a row above 100. I was outside supervising homes being built every one of those days.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Southeast Texas. Don't get wrong, it's hot and humid here. My point is people are acting like this is unprecedented in June. It's not.
The average high in DFW in the month of June is 92 degrees. So it's been about 10 degrees above normal. That's a pretty big difference. That average is based off the last 22 years. We had 47 days above 100 degrees last year but we didn't have our first 100+ degree day until July 25th.

North Texas last year was worse than 1980. It was bad. 30+ days in a row above 100. I was outside supervising homes being built every one of those days.
Last year was the worst summer since 2011. I think we had like 47 days over 100.

I'll never forget that summer of 2011. It beat 1980 for most days over 100 degrees. I was doing masonry work and the week it was 110+ plus we were working on a chimney. We'd start at 6 in the morning and by 1 o'clock in the afternoon it was so hot we'd call it a day.

How proud you must be of your governor. Texas republicans think they have TX completely sealed they can do this because they can but they don't realize why they can't. CA libtards? I get angrier and angrier at what right wingers are doing to TX. I was born and raised in TX spent the first 47 years of my life there. Back in the day you could be a free thinker with influence in TX. Not anymore. Seriously water breaks?

How proud you must be of your governor. Texas republicans think they have TX completely sealed they can do this because they can but they don't realize why they can't. CA libtards? I get angrier and angrier at what right wingers are doing to TX. I was born and raised in TX spent the first 47 years of my life there. Back in the day you could be a free thinker with influence in TX. Not anymore. Seriously water breaks?

Eye roll. Government has no place mandating companies give mandatory 10 minute water breaks in the first place. Abbot is just trying to cut out some red tape that was unnecessary in the first place. Nobody is refusing to let workers drink water, he's only saying that the Government doesn't need to be involved in it and that cities stop going rogue with useless laws.

Dude with all due respect, please shut the **** up. We are glad you went to California.

Yeah I'm thinking this isn't anything compared to Cali laws. That state has less free thinkers than most.

I thought you were against political talk on a sports message board??

I thought you were against political talk on a sports message board??
Y'all need to stop picking on Cali. He can't help it that he's been indoctrinated. If you want to sway him over to the light, you have to use sugar, not vinegar.

I’m sure there’s others but the only one I know that has seen the light as of recent was tulsi. That’s a tough nut to crack. It’s more of a cult now.

Reactions: westx

The Legislature passed over 1000 bills this session. I think most of them should be vetoed. How is anyone going to enforce such a silly law?

Reactions: westx

You’re just a douche.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Today was hot...but its the wind that makes it killer. Feels like a blow dryer running on your face outside or the devil non stop farting in your face.

Today was hot...but its the wind that makes it killer. Feels like a blow dryer running on your face outside or the devil non stop farting in your face.
Hookem777--"This one time, we was in Terlingua and heard bout a chili-burrito eating contest just cross the border in Lajitas. By God if we didn't shimmy down there lickity-split and enter. So there I was, at the table, when the contrst was fixin to start and who sits down next to me? Ol' Lucifer hisself."

The only story you could tell about the Devil fartimg in your face that would make sense to me.
:) 😀

Hookem777--"This one time, we was in Terlingua and heard bout a chili-burrito eating contest just cross the border in Lajitas. By God if we didn't shimmy down there lickity-split and enter. So there I was, at the table, when the contrst was fixin to start and who sits down next to me? Ol' Lucifer hisself."

The only story you could tell about the Devil fartimg in your face that would make sense to me.
:) 😀
Lmao never fail to have a story.

I'd rather have wind than no wind when it's hot. I was standing in my yard under a shade tree yesterday evening playing tug of war with my dog. It was actually pretty pleasant with the constant breeze.
I wonder why they don't factor wind into their "feels like temp" during the summer. They dam sure make sure to include it in the winter. Doesn't it remove heat from your body and evaporate sweat making you cooler? Seems like that would be as relevant as factoring in the humidity.

I'd rather have wind than no wind when it's hot. I was standing in my yard under a shade tree yesterday evening playing tug of war with my dog. It was actually pretty pleasant with the constant breeze.
I wonder why they don't factor wind into their "feels like temp" during the summer. They dam sure make sure to include it in the winter. Doesn't it remove heat from your body and evaporate sweat making you cooler? Seems like that would be as relevant as factoring in the humidity.
You can't talk about those factors.

2 reasons-

1. It doesn't feed into the climate hoax......errrrrrr I mean global warming agenda.
2. Some people can't sweat. And we don't want them to feel like a marginalized group. That would be ray-siss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT