ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Weather Thread

Flew down to the valley this morning on a small private bird. While loading up for the return the thermometer on the tarmac said 113. I'll admit- it's been a while since I've seen a number like that.
Check the on-field thermometer on Sep 2nd at 2:30. Guessing won't be far off.

I grew up in Pampa. I remember my Mom having to get me from school ( only 3 blocks away) because a dust storm came in and closed everything. I got in the car and she started home. I did not know how she could see becaust the windshield looked to me like a big bucket of brown paint had been dumped on it. I couldnt even see the wiper blades!.....Interesting times.
I grew up in Amarillo in the 50's. I though dust storms were the norm😎

Reactions: westx and oldhorn2
and will be here for awhile............

People here were complaining about the rain in June and early July.............I said you're gonna miss it when it's gone..........

Reactions: DHHorn
EEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBODY up here in NE Texas.
I loved it! My pond was full and grass I planted was ROLLIN!!!!

Grass is still growing but I'm watching my 3/4 acre pond dropping in this heat.

We need a nice little cat 2 to roll up into Kingsville and shimmy it's way up through Central Texas.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
We need a nice little cat 2 to roll up into Kingsville and shimmy it's way up through Central Texas.
Trust me its coming, Along with the Annual tradition of week 2 college football where the hurricane relief programs start for the same ppl that move back to the same town hurricane after hurricane.

Interesting. Arlington here. My pool was 87 yesterday. We have shade trees and a fountain that keeps the water cool. We've had guests saying that the pool was too cold to swim in last month. Downside is the shade trees (live and red oaks) really clutter up the pool with leaves in the fall and spring. Constant maintenance is needed.

Very nice when it is 105 though.

Lake Granbury, my canal is nice and warm. I jump in every day and suck tons of water up my nose hoping to get the brain eating ameba.

My pool is also sitting at a toasty 96 degrees right now. It's feels good for the first 2 minutes and then after that it's about like being in a hot tub.

I think we're going on 2 weeks without rain in Houston. I mean it's rained downtown but nothing where I live and I'm scared to see my water bill. Went to the Comal 3 weeks ago and it felt like typical pool water. Was slightly refreshing but nothing too cold.

Last edited:
Freaking sweating my nads off here at Six Flags in SA, and also wrecking my spine. Just got a 22oz beer though, so that helps.
Btw, what’s your favorite ride here? Gotta go with the Iron Rattler, Poltergeist, Goliath, then Diabolical.Tried the Batman once, not again.
Forgot the coolest thing we saw this morning. My girls, 18 & 16, want to be first in line. We got beat today. There was a couple ahead of us, had to be 80 years young. Beat us to the Rattler. They got in the front car and she didn’t put her hands down the whole ride. It was awesome. After the ride I asked what’s next? Instantly said “the Rattler again!”. We’ve seen them probably 3-4 times today, just walking around holding hands.

Last edited:
So I work for an international O&G technology company. Our CEO is described as the Elon Musk of Argentina. I know, laughable, but the dude is one sharp cat. During our weekly exec call this morning he spent 20 minutes talking about the reason for the current worldwide temp spikes is a volcano (he didn’t elaborate) has recently released millions of tons of moisture into the atmosphere causing the heat wave, and interestingly, in particular, South America, where temps have reached over 100 deg during the middle of their current winter season.

I haven’t done my own research yet. What say some of you smart scientist types out there? What do the libs on the board have to say? Is this the end of the world because we haven’t used enough windmills or EVs?

So I work for an international O&G technology company. Our CEO is described as the Elon Musk of Argentina. I know, laughable, but the dude is one sharp cat. During our weekly exec call this morning he spent 20 minutes talking about the reason for the current worldwide temp spikes is a volcano (he didn’t elaborate) has recently released millions of tons of moisture into the atmosphere causing the heat wave, and interestingly, in particular, South America, where temps have reached over 100 deg during the middle of their current winter season.

I haven’t done my own research yet. What say some of you smart scientist types out there? What do the libs on the board have to say? Is this the end of the world because we haven’t used enough windmills or EVs?
This one.

I smile at all the yankees who've moved here thinking that "up north is just as hot". I tell them that Christmas has been in the 90's. Ya, May til Christmas can be 90-110 with no rain. Lows in the upper 80's. They just stare and melt. :cool:

I smile at all the yankees who've moved here thinking that "up north is just as hot". I tell them that Christmas has been in the 90's. Ya, May til Christmas can be 90-110 with no rain. Lows in the upper 80's. They just stare and melt. :cool:
There is a give and take..dont talk about the cold if you live down south...dont talk about the heat if you live up north. Idk what id rather have, a winter in Minnesota or a summer in Texas.

There is a give and take..dont talk about the cold if you live down south...dont talk about the heat if you live up north. Idk what id rather have, a winter in Minnesota or a summer in Texas.
I'll take a summer in Texas all day, everyday and twice on Sunday. No Mexican food or beer up there. No decent BBQ and I'd probably have a blower digging out of the snow. Plus I come from a long line of tropical people....

So, it is because we haven't used enough windmills and EVs. Got it. You chose douche bag over answering the question.

You pay for online friends. What a dork, hahahahahaha.
Wait.... did @homeNaway delete his post?

Why?
Was he not proud of it? Is he ashamed of the fact that he believes that global warming is 100% man made?

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT