ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Weather Thread

So I work for an international O&G technology company. Our CEO is described as the Elon Musk of Argentina. I know, laughable, but the dude is one sharp cat. During our weekly exec call this morning he spent 20 minutes talking about the reason for the current worldwide temp spikes is a volcano (he didn’t elaborate) has recently released millions of tons of moisture into the atmosphere causing the heat wave, and interestingly, in particular, South America, where temps have reached over 100 deg during the middle of their current winter season.

I haven’t done my own research yet. What say some of you smart scientist types out there? What do the libs on the board have to say? Is this the end of the world because we haven’t used enough windmills or EVs?
interesting that the founder of Greenpeace has said that the windmills are a looming environmental disaster waiting to happen. He advocates natural gas and......wait for it.....nuclear power for our power plants going forward.

It has not made him a favorite with the "go green" crowd!

Reactions: weevilcatch
as an up note....when the blades on the windmills break or end useful life, it is my understanding that they are in no way recyclable. What do you do with em?....drop em into volcanoes?

The sorry dirt we have all over the state of Texas my ground is starting to crack so I guess I better start watering every other day. Was just in Oklahoma this past weekend and it's green over there ugly red dirt everywhere and it stormed with high winds. Then I come back to Texas with heat.

as an up note....when the blades on the windmills break or end useful life, it is my understanding that they are in no way recyclable. What do you do with em?....drop em into volcanoes?
They are not able to be recycled. They will degrade/decay in something like 3000 years. Now, there are companies out there that are saying they can recycle the blades. But the reality is there's only a small portion of the blade that can be recycled--- but they make it sound like they're doing the ENTIRE blade. They aren't. It's a lie.

Clob, they are currently cutting themup(crappy hard to do job) and putting them in landfills. They can use a tiny bit of them ground up and mixed with cement. The crap is too light to use as backfill or road fill.

Clob, they are currently cutting themup(crappy hard to do job) and putting them in landfills. They can use a tiny bit of them ground up and mixed with cement. The crap is too light to use as backfill or road fill.
Ya I saw that. Fvcking green slags that thought this up should be tied to ants beds.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Hookem777--"This one time, we was in Terlingua and heard bout a chili-burrito eating contest just cross the border in Lajitas. By God if we didn't shimmy down there lickity-split and enter. So there I was, at the table, when the contrst was fixin to start and who sits down next to me? Ol' Lucifer hisself."

The only story you could tell about the Devil fartimg in your face that would make sense to me.
:) 😀
Lajitas is not across the border. Do you mean Boquillas?

So I work for an international O&G technology company. Our CEO is described as the Elon Musk of Argentina. I know, laughable, but the dude is one sharp cat. During our weekly exec call this morning he spent 20 minutes talking about the reason for the current worldwide temp spikes is a volcano (he didn’t elaborate) has recently released millions of tons of moisture into the atmosphere causing the heat wave, and interestingly, in particular, South America, where temps have reached over 100 deg during the middle of their current winter season.

I haven’t done my own research yet. What say some of you smart scientist types out there? What do the libs on the board have to say? Is this the end of the world because we haven’t used enough windmills or EVs?
My NASA rocket scientist bro-in-law says the same things. And he has access to a lot of info not available to the general public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT