ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Weather Thread

It's so hot outside my pool isn't even refreshing anymore. My 10 day forecast for DFW shows 9 of the next 10 days of at least 103 degrees. I didn't realize until I looked it up just now that last July 27 of the 31 days were 100 degrees and above. I don't remember last summer being as hot as it has been this year.

It's so hot outside my pool isn't even refreshing anymore. My 10 day forecast for DFW shows 9 of the next 10 days of at least 103 degrees. I didn't realize until I looked it up just now that last July 27 of the 31 days were 100 degrees and above. I don't remember last summer being as hot as it has been this year.
Last summer had the same weather pattern as this year. A strong high pressure system sitting on top of Texas and there is nothing around to make it move over. Saharan dust preventing anything in the Gulf from forming (not that I want a hurricane but it would move stuff around at least). No chance of rain and hot sinking air. Last year it finally moved out in August...

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Last summer had the same weather pattern as this year. A strong high pressure system sitting on top of Texas and there is nothing around to make it move over. Saharan dust preventing anything in the Gulf from forming (not that I want a hurricane but it would move stuff around at least). No chance of rain and hot sinking air. Last year it finally moved out in August...
Not wishing for a hurricane but would welcome a nice slow moving tropical depression to park its butt right in the middle of the state.
I quit watering the stickers anyways.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
San Antonio had what-- 53 straight days over a hundo last year? We aren't even close to that yet.

I think some of ya'll are just getting older and you forget how mother fvcking hot this place can be. I remember two a days when I had sunburns on top of sunburns.
No BS-- it used to get SO HOT during afternoon practices, the turf on DKR would literally blister your finger tips.
Remember those old Newman gloves everybody used to wear?
If you were in a 3 or 4 pt stance on the reg- by about the 3rd day you'd go without the gloves because you'd sweat down your arms and the moisture would pool in your gloves and prune your finger tips. Looked like you'd been in a hot tub for about 6 hours. So you'd just tape your wrists and go without gloves-- but then the God damn turf was so fvcking hot, you'd burn the hide off your finger tips.

Two things here....One, I heard that the coldest swimming hole in the lower 48 states is at Balmorea Texas....It is spring fed like Barton Springs, but what makes it so cold is the humidity is like 10 % and when you get out the water evaporates off of you so fast you damned near get frost bite...

The other ....about the wind....In 1970 I was assigned to Ft Bragg. They were telling me about the FT regulations and they said that when the yellow flag flew over the Head quarters, all out side work would cease. I asked when that happened and they said when it gets to 85 degrees!...I about died laughing. I said I was from Kingsville and in August it never got BELOW 85, even at 3 AM......Well, the day it got to 85 degrees I dam,ned near died. There not only was no wind, there was no air movement at all. You had to be like a shark because if you stood still you would breathe up all the oxygen in that spot. I learned then and there to never make fun of any places weather....

fossil fuel exploration is causing all of this global warming, let's go all EV's NOW before it's too LATE!!!!!!!

Bell, you’ve convinced me to quit the oil and gas business in protest and go green. How many pinwheels does it take to keep your mobile home firing on all cylinders?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Bell, you’ve convinced me to quit the oil and gas business in protest and go green. How many pinwheels does it take to keep your mobile home firing on all cylinders?
I'm pleased to know I got through to someone

Flew down to the valley this morning on a small private bird. While loading up for the return the thermometer on the tarmac said 113. I'll admit- it's been a while since I've seen a number like that.

fossil fuel exploration is causing all of this global warming, let's go all EV's NOW before it's too LATE!!!!!!!
Have you seen the news on Ford? Apparently it costs them $120,000. to make an EV that they try to sell for $60,000. Lost $3 billion on EVs last quarter. UAW has realized that factory will only need half as many workers. New factories are all going to right to work states. The British secretary of energy told Kerry that the proposed schedule is idiotic. Meanwhile Tesla makes over 25% / car. I bought stock when I found that out, up about 30% in a few months. When will the next auto bankruptcy come?

Hmmm, seems like I heard somewhere that the automotive companies are in the “too big to fail” category. At least the Big 3 anyway. I’m sure Tesla doesn’t enjoy the same protection.

This should end any debate about the climate change hoax being perpetuated all over the world. Of course, our politicians and government dictators will never acknowledge what actual scientists have to say about the issue.

San Antonio had what-- 53 straight days over a hundo last year? We aren't even close to that yet.

I think some of ya'll are just getting older and you forget how mother fvcking hot this place can be. I remember two a days when I had sunburns on top of sunburns.
No BS-- it used to get SO HOT during afternoon practices, the turf on DKR would literally blister your finger tips.
Remember those old Newman gloves everybody used to wear?
If you were in a 3 or 4 pt stance on the reg- by about the 3rd day you'd go without the gloves because you'd sweat down your arms and the moisture would pool in your gloves and prune your finger tips. Looked like you'd been in a hot tub for about 6 hours. So you'd just tape your wrists and go without gloves-- but then the God damn turf was so fvcking hot, you'd burn the hide off your finger tips.
San Antonio just broke last years record with 15 consecutive 100 degree days. Last year it was only 14, not 53. Either way, it's always hot in the state of Texas.

Reactions: TX1972
This should end any debate about the climate change hoax being perpetuated all over the world. Of course, our politicians and government dictators will never acknowledge what actual scientists have to say about the issue.

It should but the cultist's typical response is that he isn't a "climate scientist" so he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. :)

On the other hand they will applaud like trained seals Jamie Lee Curtis and every other uneducated celeb willing to take up the cause.

Addition info from this same site:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/eight-important-facts-not-opinions-that-totally-debunk/

Hmmm, seems like I heard somewhere that the automotive companies are in the “too big to fail” category. At least the Big 3 anyway. I’m sure Tesla doesn’t enjoy the same protection.
I’m just giving you boys grief I’ve been in the O&G business for 24 years myself

San Antonio just broke last years record with 15 consecutive 100 degree days. Last year it was only 14, not 53. Either way, it's always hot in the state of Texas.

2011 in DFW 71 days over 100 degrees. We almost went 1 full year with no rain. Ya, that was a fun drought year. I remember drilling wells for concrete slabs early so that we could soak the pour sight 2-3 days in advance.

Anyone else old enough to remember the 50s drought? One of my first memories is standing in front of our house in San Angelo and watching this strange cloud. It was dust, my mother yelling at me to come inside. We moved to Dallas the next year and the city had to get water from the Red river. It came out of the tap red.

I grew up in Pampa. I remember my Mom having to get me from school ( only 3 blocks away) because a dust storm came in and closed everything. I got in the car and she started home. I did not know how she could see becaust the windshield looked to me like a big bucket of brown paint had been dumped on it. I couldnt even see the wiper blades!.....Interesting times.

2011 in DFW 71 days over 100 degrees. We almost went 1 full year with no rain. Ya, that was a fun drought year. I remember drilling wells for concrete slabs early so that we could soak the pour sight 2-3 days in advance.
I’m on an Edwards water well and each summer I hold my breath until we get some rain so fair I’ve never gone dry in 19 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT