ADVERTISEMENT

TH fired.

Wow. Kinda surprising honestly. I know Sark isn’t as “sexy” a name as urban, Bryan Kelly, etc, but I like the move.

Why do you think they did it now vs. Right after the game next Monday? Just wondering. Recruiting?

Jesus fvcking Christ on crutches with a broken leg. Sarkasian is a fvcking OC. He's proven he can't handle the HC spotlight. We need a defensive minded guy that can hire an OC like sark--- not Sark himself.

Look, Sark has issues. Highly publicized issues. People can claim all day long that he's been on the wagon and he's clean. Cool. I hope that's the case. But the pressure dial at Alabama as an assistant is around 6.5--- the dial will be turned up to 12 in Austin. How's he going to handle that after he drops his first game? Is he going to handle it like a man or will he end up naked and passed out on his office floor in Belmont.

I'm all for second chances, but this one comes with too much at stake.

I guess he’s the best they could swing, and There was too much doubt on Herman’s job status for him be effective at recruiting anymore. I’m not seeing how he’ll be any better than Herman except in recruiting. Curious who his coordinators will be, I hope they open the checkbooks.

If Sark is the coach at UT, I will support him. When or if he ef’s up, that is when I will criticize him. I hope he succeeds.
Well said. Criticizing him before he has ever stepped foot on campus is ridiculous. People want to bitch about Herman but when they finally make a change they bitch about that. Maybe he can get Milroe to flip back.

Dear Lord,

CDC picking Sark is like playing craps rolling a 3 and betting everything that he will hit another 3 on the next roll. Unless the dice are loaded I don't see this ending well.

We fired Tom Herman for another Tom Herman. I personally like that we fired Herman, but I would have turned the team over to Chris Ash before I took a run at Sark. At least it would mean that we kept the vast majority of our assistants. Everyone was already negitive recruiting us, imagine that being turned up about 1000 degrees.

Reactions: diadevic
Dear Lord,

CDC picking Sark is like playing craps rolling a 3 and betting everything that he will hit another 3 on the next roll. Unless the dice are loaded I don't see this ending well.

We fired Tom Herman for another Tom Herman. I personally like that we fired Herman, but I would have turned the team over to Chris Ash before I took a run at Sark. At least it would mean that we kept the vast majority of our assistants. Everyone was already negitive recruiting us, imagine that being turned up about 1000 degrees.
The thing about recruiting is that this class was already screwed regardless of if we kept Tom or not. This should at least get us back on track for the 22 class. Regardless if you think it’s the right hire or not why not give him a shot first before criticizing. Not every great coach succeeded at their first stop.

I think Sark will keep Ash at least for 2021. Probably overhaul the offensive staff

So the TH haters get their ie.. Kevin Eltife, get their wish. But if we do this and hire Steve Sarkinian than the toxic culture that is TX fb is about to get a lot worse.

Remember there are a select few who are calling the shots and its not the prez or the ad. Remember in the last decade TX has had 3 hc and 4 ad. Actually there have been 4 ad since 2013. Combined with those select few that I mentioned who don't know a f*cking thing about fb. and you have the toxic culture that is TX fb. You guys just don't get it high profile coaches don't want to come here. There is no winning culture here anymore and people with too much power and to much fb ignorance are killing our once proud fb tradition and we'll just end up becoming NB.

Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

So the TH haters get their ie.. Kevin Eltife, get their wish. But if we do this and hire Steve Sarkinian than the toxic culture that is TX fb is about to get a lot worse.

Remember there are a select few who are calling the shots and its not the prez or the ad. Remember in the last decade TX has had 3 hc and 4 ad. Actually there have been 4 ad since 2013. Combined with those select few that I mentioned who don't know a f*cking thing about fb. and you have the toxic culture that is TX fb. You guys just don't get it high profile coaches don't want to come here. There is no winning culture here anymore and people with too much power and to much fb ignorance are killing our once proud fb tradition and we'll just end up becoming NB.

Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

It's happening they are finalizing everything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT