ADVERTISEMENT

The hits just keep on coming....even when you think JFF is done

jsto60

Sep 3, 2005
Johnny Manziel (concussion) is not practicing Wednesday.

He reported to the team facility Wednesday with concussion systems and entered the league's protocol. Already in warm water with coach Mike Pettine because of another drinking video of him partying on Christmas eve that he posted, Manziel is in danger of missing the meaningless Week 17 finale against the Steelers. If he's unable to start, Austin Davis would likely get the nod under center.

-----------
I wonder if he fell and hit his head while drinking last night. Somebody get that guy a life alert button for his bday. Chances are he probably already posted and deleted a video of it on his twitter. Too bad I don't have a twitter, I guess.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
If this is a PR move by Cleveland, it is actually a brilliant one.

Like if the coach saw the video, instead of having to deal with the distraction they just told him he is going to sit again, they probably cut him in offseason and just want him to shut up and take a week off in concussion protocol so they don't have to deal with the drama.

If true, I love it and its the first time in a while that they have handled their QB position with some grace and forward thinking. First time since like Bernie Kosar was cut.

Reactions: Dogged Horn
It's unffourtanite because honestly think he can play in the league and I didn't think that when he was coming out. Dude just doesn't get it.

It's unffourtanite because honestly think he can play in the league and I didn't think that when he was coming out. Dude just doesn't get it.

I think he can play in spurts here and there. Not sure he could last a whole season or handle its adversity.

I think the saddest part is that he at one point looked like he might be getting it after the whole autograph charade and put his head down and just work and grow from all this. But that certainly hasn't happened.

No.....it is yall that obviously dont get it. I heard from an aggy friend of mine and he explained to me that the only problem Manziel has is the wicked media doing this to him. If the UT sponsored media would just leave him alone, all of this would be ok.

OK....a bit tongue in cheek, but you would not believe the number of aggy faithful that truly believe this to be the case.

Vince had the talent to play in the league, but he is long gone from the league and there is no reason for it, except that Vince couldn't get over being Vince. Same is true for Manziel, he thinks he is Babe Ruth, he isn't. You can be a NFL QB or you can be a party animal, you can't be both. I still doubt he will figure it out before the NFL says they are done with him.

Vince had the talent to play in the league, but he is long gone from the league and there is no reason for it, except that Vince couldn't get over being Vince. Same is true for Manziel, he thinks he is Babe Ruth, he isn't. You can be a NFL QB or you can be a party animal, you can't be both. I still doubt he will figure it out before the NFL says they are done with him.

Tis true about Vince. At least he had one epic flame out episode off the field. Manziel has one a week.

Vince at least won some games and accolades in the NFL and had 68 career TDs and led his team to the playoffs twice, once when they started like 0-8 with Kerry Collins at QB. And still he deserves his share of the blame for flaming out. Johnny has more drunken videos that he himself has posted this month online than he has in career wins and TDs combined.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew

Bobby Layne. Don Meredith. Joe Namath. Two are in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Different times. Not happening anymore when anytime you are in public there are 100 cameras on you, and when news reaches every corner of the world instantaneously.

Just wait till Cleveland gives him his walking papers and Jerra can grab him up and make him a cowboy. Twitter will explode.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Ken Stabler was drunk his entire career. That was the 60's and 70's

Today guys are so big and fast the game has changed to the point that the dedication needed to be great is nothing short of 100%.

Do you think Babe Ruth could be the Sultan of Swat today? He partied pretty hard and carried around a gut for most of his career.

Apples to oranges when you consider that those guys were from a completely different age, before social media existed and a cell phone video could be downloaded and accessed by millions within seconds.

These days, QBs are expected to be the face of the franchise. They are public ambassadors for billion dollar businesses... No one wants them to act like asshats in public.

Here's why I disagree. If Manziel were actually a great QB who won 90% of his games, he would be a great success in 2015 regardless of social media. Cleveland fans would be laughing about it on the way to the Super Bowl. Just like Bobby Layne, whose adventures were well documented at the time.

As were Stabler and Namath.....you are spot on. If he was all that, no one would care how much he partied.

No.....it is yall that obviously dont get it. I heard from an aggy friend of mine and he explained to me that the only problem Manziel has is the wicked media doing this to him. If the UT sponsored media would just leave him alone, all of this would be ok.

OK....a bit tongue in cheek, but you would not believe the number of aggy faithful that truly believe this to be the case.

Same here, aggy coffee drinkers this morning were whining why jonny is picked on so much and that a lot other players do worse and dont get punished. I had to control my laughing......

I hate to keep this one going, but I just can't believe it. Manziel is out for the last game with a concussion. Does he support his team?.....USA Today is reporting Manziel is instead in Las Vegas having a great time....I wonder how he can walk into that locker room and look his team mates in the eye.

Being someone who suffered multiple concussions, I can tell you for a 100% FACT:

If you've had a concussion, the Doctor tells you straight up, unequivocally: NO ALCOHOL PERIOD.

So either Cleveland lied about his concussion because he's such an embarrassment to their organization that they just want to be rid of him OR Johnny is the dumbest muh fugga on two legs and just doesn't care.

Either way, I'm still in the camp that says that all he needs is someone to knock some of chicklets down his throat and he might show some humility.

Johnny Substance Abuse is just trying his best to get waived at this point.

Bad Combo: Guy with no sense in maybe the worst organization with respect to developing QB's of all time. As for attention, he has no one to blame but himself. I was one of the few who was glad he was gone. Thought the drama would subside. It has been smooth sailing since then.

Bad Combo: Guy with no sense in maybe the worst organization with respect to developing QB's of all time. As for attention, he has no one to blame but himself. I was one of the few who was glad he was gone. Thought the drama would subside. It has been smooth sailing since then.

Yeah. No drama at all. Not like all the QBs that replaced him haven't transferred or anything. Kenny Thrill....he gone to TCU. Joekel....Allen....Murray. No drama at all since they aren't there anymore.

The way Allen/Murray was dealt with this year was totally drama free. No spoiled frosh dad drama followed by suspensions and cameras following the kid around pouting on the sidelines followed by a benching and a QB change and some more dad drama and some more pouting or anything like that.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Yeah. No drama at all. Not like all the QBs that replaced him haven't transferred or anything. Kenny Thrill....he gone to TCU. Joekel....Allen....Murray. No drama at all since they aren't there anymore.

The way Allen/Murray was dealt with this year was totally drama free. No spoiled frosh dad drama followed by suspensions and cameras following the kid around pouting on the sidelines followed by a benching and a QB change and some more dad drama and some more pouting or anything like that.
Boy, you must have absolutely NO eye for sarcasm.

Our sources tell us Manziel was at a popular night club on the strip Saturday night. The QB entered wearing a blonde wig, a fake mustache, glasses, and a hoodie.

Manziel introduced himself as “Billy.” He was there into the 3am hour and when it came time to pay the bill, he asked to have it comped because he didn’t bring cash and also didn’t want to put it on his card.

However, the sources tell us he ended up paying with his card and signing the check.

vqkrzaayoegpba4nelil.jpg

http://deadspin.com/report-johnny-manziel-partied-in-vegas-with-a-fake-wig-1751058216

Cleveland sports talk is saying there's a photo of Johnny deushecanoe at the strip club making it rain. Allegedly the owner of said strip club is negotiating a deal with TMZ over the photo.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion on high definition. And then rewinding said train wreck to watch it again, only to have it be a different train wreck. You can't BUY this sort of entertainment! We are soooooo lucky to have such high quality fodder to enjoy. And I will admit, I secretly want Jerra to bring him to Dallas because good lawd! How much fun would THAT be? Seriously, him hanging out at Babydolls, or deep ellum, or any of the other million places he could get arrested at....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT