ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: (Quinn Ewers was even better than you think)

Prepare for yall's biggest OB watch a long viewership with game being on LHN

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Hadn't even thought of that.

Casey Hampton led the team in tackles.... while getting double teams.

That's being loud. ;)
Wow. That’s amazing. I know the knock on his NFL career was the lack of tackles. I thought Sweat played well ……. Definitely not up to a Casey Hampton standard though.
Tough Crowd.

Wow. That’s amazing. I know the knock on his NFL career was the lack of tackles. I thought Sweat played well ……. Definitely not up to a Casey Hampton standard though.
Tough Crowd.
As a junior, he had 101 tackles, 21 TFL, 3 sacks and 24 quarterback hits.

• Wow
Reactions: Horn19
I think fringe day two right now.

I think his CEILING is early mid Day 2. But Day 3 is probably the more reasonable right now. I do think he still has great ball ahead of him in the NFL

Tough Crowd.

NG has n the NFL is not a stat padding spot. But the members of those 2000s Steelers have said their D started with Hampton.

I thought after Rice you said his QBR was 167 or 169 and that was the highest we've seen in many years. Did I dream that? It seems to me he would be even better after Alabama. Maybe I don't understand that stat.

The 4th quarter performance last night was the best post-VY 4th quarter.

(Buy) Yes, I don't believe that's hyperbole.
Not sure about that. Ewers had a good 4th Qt but surely VY or Colt had as good if not better. VY against Ok St in 2008? VY on either Rise Bowl? Colt against Ohio St in Fiesta Bowl? Idk. I’m pretty sure more than one 4th Qt could be deemed better.

I thought after Rice you said his QBR was 167 or 169 and that was the highest we've seen in many years. Did I dream that? It seems to me he would be even better after Alabama. Maybe I don't understand that stat.
Not in a single game, but over the course of a season, yes.

Not sure about that. Ewers had a good 4th Qt but surely VY or Colt had as good if not better. VY against Ok St in 2008? VY on either Rise Bowl? Colt against Ohio St in Fiesta Bowl? Idk. I’m pretty sure more than one 4th Qt could be deemed better.

On the road against Top 10 teams.

Yep. Tough game against a very, very amped up, very good team in a hostile environment. That game was an every down war with a large tv audience, the week after an every down war with Oklahoma. Winning those two hard fought nail biters consecutively in arguably two of the toughest stadiums to play in put the the three previous plus years of mediocrity behind them, and it was apparent to all that possibly no other team in the country could have won both games back to back. After that game, there was no stopping them.
Ketch,

Glad that you finally came around to what I already knew and have been trying to get you to understand, this kid is special, very special. I'm not sure that we can or will run the table but damn it's exciting to be a Longhorn fan right now. Hook 'em

On the road against Top 10 teams.
That might be possible but the B/S was “best post-VY 4th quarter”. That’s a horse of a different color.

Then again, it was “post-VY” so I missed that part. But Colt’s 4th Qt in Fiesta Bowl was pretty good as well as his 2008 4th qt vs. OU.

FANTASTIC READ!!!!!
Yes, Johnson in the “modern era.” And, Although they are different types of players, No One was better than Nobis in his “era.”

Hill may rate with both in his own era! Young man is a game changing weapon on several levels. It will be way too much fun watching him destroy the opponents.

• Love
Reactions: PaulieD
Not sure you read the question. We were out scored by 8 in the Ohio State game.

21 points and +13 in the 4th quarter at Alabama is legendary.

Sark won't leave for Bama. We are Texas. He's building his own legacy right here.

That might be possible but the B/S was “best post-VY 4th quarter”. That’s a horse of a different color.

Then again, it was “post-VY” so I missed that part. But Colt’s 4th Qt in Fiesta Bowl was pretty good as well as his 2008 4th qt vs. OU.
I just got your question confused.

Texas won the 5th quarter vs. OU in 2008 by a 15-7 score.

It was outscored by Ohio State in the 4th quarter 15-7.

I don’t know what caused my issues, but the lead story was “Ketch’s 10 thoughts” until 8:00 this morning. Just wondering what happened. Thank you for the response

Yes, the lead story was the most-read story each week on the site for the day.

Will Neyor get a TD vs. Wyoming and will Quinn have a QB rating over 200 this Saturday?

If you had to place a large bet on Worthy making a do or die catch--late in the game, with all the pressure on his shoulders, would you make it?
Sure. When he hasn't had a broken hand, he's very dependable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT