ADVERTISEMENT

The Kevin Sumlin vs. Charlie Strong recruiting battle is over. Charlie

I'll just repost what Scholtz put up earlier:
2012: Eastern Illinois: 8th in FCS in scoring offense http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IAA_teamscoroff&site=org&div=IAA&dest=O
2013: Eastern Illinois: 1st in FCS in scoring offense http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
2014: Bowling Green: 56th in FBS in scoring offense http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
2015: Tulsa - 21st in FBS in scoring offense http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

Based on this, he has been an OC in FBS for 2014 and 2015. By my count that's 2, pre-school math junior try to keep up. Yes, I know he's been an OC since 2011 (when he was coaching at Temple High School).

Stop being lazy and do your own research before you try to talk shit using other ppls info. A simple google search shows that the highest he got in 2 years at the FBS level is 21 - not 56 like you said - even with the info in front of you.....and 21st in the country at the FBS level means he did better than most teams in current P5 Conferences..... and he climbed more than 35 spots in 2 years.. at 2 different schools.... spin all you want, you tried talking out your rectum and it stunk... and you did it with enough info to actually know you were wrong.... just stop.....

Reactions: oldhorn2 and Scholz
Tulsa is FBS and he got to 21st there.... google is fun. but way to keep up junior. smfh...... been coordinator since 2011.... get your facts straight.
2 years in FBS? 56th in his only year to call plays in FBS? But yes he must be good. I mean you had to send a full groveling contingent to Tulsa and give him a pay raise before he was hired to get him to accept the job.

See the stupid stuff you said with the info right in front of you? Just wanted to make sure you saw and recognized how big a tool you really are... but i understand, you have to find ways to put down Texas bc of who and what you are..... even if you blantantly ignore facts and reality...

I'll just repost what Scholtz put up earlier:
2012: Eastern Illinois: 8th in FCS in scoring offense http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IAA_teamscoroff&site=org&div=IAA&dest=O
2013: Eastern Illinois: 1st in FCS in scoring offense http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
2014: Bowling Green: 56th in FBS in scoring offense http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
2015: Tulsa - 21st in FBS in scoring offense http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

Based on this, he has been an OC in FBS for 2014 and 2015. By my count that's 2, pre-school math junior try to keep up. Yes, I know he's been an OC since 2011 (when he was coaching at Temple High School).

I missed the pre school math remark...... did you even realize that you were STILL using incorrect facts after having QUOTED them in your post when you said something that stupid? Bravo junior... just bravo.... you were already going full blown retarded, but you went full blown retarded WHILE already being full blown retarded.... your skills are amazing.

Reactions: Scholz and oldhorn2
Gilbert has stated to the media he was calling the plays at Tulsa. His statement is in one of those long press conferences at Texas Sports.

But, Art Briles throwing a tantrum over the hire is really all you need to know.

People in the Briles tree say if it wasn't for nepotism Gilbert would have been the play caller at Baylor by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scholz
I missed the pre school math remark...... did you even realize that you were STILL using incorrect facts after having QUOTED them in your post when you said something that stupid? Bravo junior... just bravo.... you were already going full blown retarded, but you went full blown retarded WHILE already being full blown retarded.... your skills are amazing.

Sorry I thought this was done. You insulted me when I said that Gilbert only had 2 years in FBS as an OC (one of which he didn't call plays). I pointed out that by my math calc he had 1 year at BG and one year at Tulsa. You indicated in your post (incorrectly) that I didn't count his Tulsa year and that I didn't know Tulsa was a FBS school. I pointed out that I was correct in that he has 2 years FBS experience. You refuse to aknowledge your mistake in your prior post, I get it, too proud. Instead this continues to be a debate over whether Sterlin Gilbert is a "proven" commodity. As a longhorn fan, I think its great that you feel that he is.

BTW, I don't get why you keep hammering away at research and laziness. All the data is in this thread (some provided by me) regarding Gilbert's resume.

All of this over a simple difference in opinion as to whether a guy is "proven". Just a difference of opinion and you guys turn it into WW3. Amazing.

Sorry I thought this was done. You insulted me when I said that Gilbert only had 2 years in FBS as an OC (one of which he didn't call plays). I pointed out that by my math calc he had 1 year at BG and one year at Tulsa. You indicated in your post (incorrectly) that I didn't count his Tulsa year and that I didn't know Tulsa was a FBS school. I pointed out that I was correct in that he has 2 years FBS experience. You refuse to aknowledge your mistake in your prior post, I get it, too proud. Instead this continues to be a debate over whether Sterlin Gilbert is a "proven" commodity. As a longhorn fan, I think its great that you feel that he is.

BTW, I don't get why you keep hammering away at research and laziness. All the data is in this thread (some provided by me) regarding Gilbert's resume.

All of this over a simple difference in opinion as to whether a guy is "proven". Just a difference of opinion and you guys turn it into WW3. Amazing.
Did you or did you not say the best he did was 56th?

Did you or did you not say the best he did was 56th?
I think this was my post which you are referring to:
2 years in FBS? 56th in his only year to call plays in FBS?

This is a factual statement. Yes, he was the OC at Tulsa last year and they finished 21 in total offense and he did not call plays. He also did not call plays at BG. Does that mean he's not going to be a success at UT? No, it doesn't mean that. But in my book, it doesn't equate to "proven". Again, that's just an opinion. Its not dishonest or deceptive, its just an opinion.

jeeeze!....I cant wait for football when all this drivel goes by the wayside. Since I consider most of this argument to be over minutia I havn't been able to do more than just glance over what has been posted. I will ask this however. Does the OC bear the responsibility over what plays have been called? Does the OC have the authority to over turn the called play? Many head coaches do that for instance. What about plays that the QB audibles? Do those count?

The reason I ask all this (admitting that my questions are equally as silly as a lot of this thread) is that my understanding of this offense is that the QB goes to the line of scrimmage, assesses the defensive alignment, and calls plays accordingly. Is that correct? If so what in the hell does it matter who sends a play to the huddle?
If incorrect in my understanding, then never mind. Carry on.

Gilbert has stated to the media he was calling the plays at Tulsa. His statement is in one of those long press conferences at Texas Sports.
He was definitely involved with playcalling, the extent of which is up for debate. But poor aggy can't grasp that concept. It's either all or none in a small brain.

But, Art Briles throwing a tantrum over the hire is really all you need to know. People in the Briles tree say if it wasn't for nepotism Gilbert would have been the play caller at Baylor by now.
Also do not expect a bitter, obsessed aggy to comprehend such obvious logic.

This is a factual statement. Yes, he was the OC at Tulsa last year and they finished 21 in total offense and he did not call plays. He also did not call plays at BG. Does that mean he's not going to be a success at UT? No, it doesn't mean that. But in my book, it doesn't equate to "proven". Again, that's just an opinion. Its not dishonest or deceptive, its just an opinion.

Fail... just fail..... even other ppl are bringing up press releases where him calling plays at Tulsa is being discussed.... again, Google can be fun... unless you are a numb-nut, over zealous, jealous inbred aggy fan that will never know the warmth of winning a REAL championship in your lifetime...... you may wanna take a look at it bud.

The bathroom hammster declared him a heavy aggy lean and the next #yessir a scant 3 days ago. lulz.

Last edited:
Perroni and Hamm both said there wasn't a momentum swing and that it was simply a preconceived notion by Texas writers. Word!

Perroni and Hamm both said there wasn't a momentum swing and that it was simply a preconceived notion by Texas writers. Word!
anim15.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT