ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

Originally posted by danhorn:
The bashing here is ridiculous. A lot of posters and fans were worried about our recruiting. The high and mighty people are as bad as the ones they've called out.

If they had been simply worrying, it would have been no big deal. If they had simply been wrong, it would have been no big deal.

What is intolerable to many on here is when people post with such absolutism and with such implied authority, and slams anyone who feels differently. That and when people post simply to stir the pot and get as big a reaction as possible. Often the two groups are one and the same.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The bashing here is ridiculous. A lot of posters and fans were worried about our recruiting. The high and mighty people are as bad as the ones they've called out.
Nope.

Originally posted by sodiumacetate:

If they had been simply worrying, it would have been no big deal. If they had simply been wrong, it would have been no big deal.

What is intolerable to many on here is when people post with such absolutism and with such implied authority, and slams anyone who feels differently. That and when people post simply to stir the pot and get as big a reaction as possible. Often the two groups are one and the same.

O.K.....but, I don't know...whatever.

slipping.jpg

Originally posted by jmrtexcol:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by cgarcia89:
CS and your response please...
I'm glad to get a guy who is considered a great prospect, though I've long abandoned living and dying with every recruit like I did 10 years ago. We'll be fine on defense with Strong, and that would be true with or without Jefferson. I also note that Jefferson brings Texas' average star rating up to 27th in the nation, which is still quite a ways below where we need to be.
Holy shit CS, you are such an unbearable asshole. For 10 years I have read your non-stop negativity and i can honestly say that you are the most miserable jerk that has EVER posted on OB. Take a fvcking break from this board; maybe come back when we have something bad to talk about so you can spew your inane BS and gloat. For now please just STFU!
Do me a favor: sit back and reflect on the statements above. Why do you call people "unbearable assholes" for saying:
That they are glad to get a prospect like Malik JeffersonThat they don't live and die with recruitingThat the defense will be fine with Charlie Strong, regardless of landing or not landing prospects like JeffersonThat Texas' average star rating is 27th in the nation at the time of this post (a fact)That Texas' average star rating of 27 is below where it needs to be
I submit that an unbearable asshole is one who would react in the manner you did.

You think the only reason he thinks your an unbearable asshole is because of this thread? I would bet a million dollars it's more due to the fact that ever since you started posting here, you've been a negative Nancy and an all around downer.

Originally posted by Durantula23:
You think the only reason he thinks your an unbearable asshole is because of this thread? I would bet a million dollars it's more due to the fact that ever since you started posting here, you've been a negative Nancy and an all around downer.
CS should read my post on the last page to help him understand why people react to him like this. He's not intellectually honest, unfortunately. You know what makes someone an asshole? When everybody (or a majority, or a minority or even just many people) thinks he is. That's what defines it.

Originally posted by scary jarbro:

Originally posted by Durantula23:
CS should read my post on the last page to help him understand why people react to him like this. He's not intellectually honest, unfortunately. You know what makes someone an asshole? When everybody (or a majority, or a minority or even just many people) thinks he is. That's what defines it.
It's been partially and entirely quoted on this page.

If you want to know why this thread keeps getting bumped, read OPs Boyd/aggy post today.

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by jmrtexcol:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by cgarcia89:
CS and your response please...
I'm glad to get a guy who is considered a great prospect, though I've long abandoned living and dying with every recruit like I did 10 years ago. We'll be fine on defense with Strong, and that would be true with or without Jefferson. I also note that Jefferson brings Texas' average star rating up to 27th in the nation, which is still quite a ways below where we need to be.
Holy shit CS, you are such an unbearable asshole. For 10 years I have read your non-stop negativity and i can honestly say that you are the most miserable jerk that has EVER posted on OB. Take a fvcking break from this board; maybe come back when we have something bad to talk about so you can spew your inane BS and gloat. For now please just STFU!
Do me a favor: sit back and reflect on the statements above. Why do you call people "unbearable assholes" for saying:
That they are glad to get a prospect like Malik JeffersonThat they don't live and die with recruitingThat the defense will be fine with Charlie Strong, regardless of landing or not landing prospects like JeffersonThat Texas' average star rating is 27th in the nation at the time of this post (a fact)That Texas' average star rating of 27 is below where it needs to be
I submit that an unbearable asshole is one who would react in the manner you did.
That star rating is because we had to build immediate depth at the offensive line. A little disingenuous to look at that number in a vacuum. We are taking a huge class to build depth across the board that Strong's predecessor didn't give and that is also the result of trimming the fat. Our average star ratings will drop because of that. We will still finish with at least a 5-10 class.

Originally posted by scary jarbro:

Originally posted by Hbacker:

Originally posted by Texas Chief:

Originally posted by Hbacker:
Another bump. OP just quit the board.
Maybe he will when you quit stalking Taylor....
I genuinely don't understand this allegation.
I believe the poster is confusing you with another poster "Hornbacker."
Agree.

Well, catching up on this thread was a nice diversion while I try to avoid my extended family this Christmas Eve, one of whom was recently excoriated on OB similar to Alpaca Couch or whatever his name is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT