ADVERTISEMENT

This is going to be a long year for the aggies

This. I don’t think any reasonable Texas fan is thinking we will win 10+ games and beat bama. We are just hoping for a significant improvement from last year.

Aggie fans on the other hand… lol.

Can wait to see aggy lose at least three games, lol.

I don't know if anyone had a chance to watch the ou game, but they practiced inside run in full pads for 3,527,489 days straight this off-season.

I don't know if anyone had a chance to watch the ou game, but they practiced inside run in full pads for 3,527,489 days straight this off-season.
I watched. Their offense looked pretty good but their defense didn’t look any different from last years. Their secondary is still not very good. UTEP QB was right under 300 yards passing.

I watched. Their offense looked pretty good but their defense didn’t look any different from last years. Their secondary is still not very good. UTEP QB was right under 300 yards passing.

They look pretty physical to me and the rallies to the football.

I don't know if you heard, but they practice inside run exclusively for 6,987,543,122 straight days during the Spring.

OUr d line is gonna get ya. 😉
Woody....before I watched our ULM game I was concerned that EVERYONES DL was gonna get us. Now that I have seen with my own eyes that we are allowed to play Freshmen on the O Line I aint afeared of nothin'... Since our guys are too young to know any better, I expect them repel the Tide DL like waves crashing on the rocks.....and then,,,,,,uh,,,,and then.......uh, what were we talking about?

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I get the sense that Jimbo is trying to telegraph a "this year we train em, next year we unleash em" expectation for people to pickup on. Almost like a way of delaying fans from being pissed when we don't kill a couple of Bama players, cause Georgia to disband their decimated football program after the CCG, cruise to the NCG, and bury the opponent under the stadium behind the power of our mighty recruiting class.

Whether he believes that and is just pre-emptively setting the baseline for the, lets call them "less than realistic" fan expectations, or whether he's sh*tting the bed realizing King is actually a turd is unknown.

But King did not look great on Saturday.

Last edited:
I get the sense that Jimbo is trying to telegraph a "this year we train em, next year we unleash em" expectation for people to pickup on. Almost like a way of delaying fans from being pissed when we don't kill a couple of Bama players, cause Georgia to disband their decimated football program after the CCG, cruise to the NCG, and bury the opponent under the stadium behind the power of our mighty recruiting class.

Whether he believes that and is just pre-emptively setting the baseline for the, lets call them "less than realistic" fan expectations, or whether he's sh*tting the bed realizing King is actually a turd is unknown.

What is the general consensus of a&m fans towards Fisher? How much patience and rope does he get going forward? What if a&m loses three or four games this year? How hot does his seat become? To me, he seems like all hat and no cattle with all of his blow hard bravado. He's done nothing since he got to a&m to earn any kind of respect on a national level.

Reactions: Belldozer1

It’s year 5. It should be playoffs or bust. Your defense is really damn good and playoff ready I believe. That offense is just not ready.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It’s year 5. It should be playoffs or bust. Your defense is really damn good and playoff ready I believe. That offense is just not ready.
The problem with Jimbo is his play calling sucks, but he wont hand over those duties to someone else. They lost 1-2 games last year due to his play calling. He is too stubborn for his own good and always thinks he knows best. He is also overly loyal to his qbs and I doubt he benches King at any point this year even if he throws 3-4 INT’s in a game.

Aggie has a lot of offensive talent, but Jimbo doesn’t utilize the talent well. That’s the one thing that’s holding them back. Of course he looked like an offensive guru when he had a Heisman qb at Fla St, but with average qbs he is exposed.

If Jimbo ever hands over the play calling to a really good OC then Watch out, they could be scary good. But that will never happen so we will continue to see Aggie struggle on offense. Which is fine by me :)

Reactions: LonghornMM
What is the general consensus of a&m fans towards Fisher? How much patience and rope does he get going forward? What if a&m loses three or four games this year? How hot does his seat become? To me, he seems like all hat and no cattle with all of his blow hard bravado. He's done nothing since he got to a&m to earn any kind of respect on a national level.
He probably got more rope in in the last couple of seasons at the time because of the pandemic, but with no discernable dropoffs anywhere else in the top of the contenders list....in hindsight that won't be much use in saving him.

Everyone I know (and I do not really orbit in sports heavy circles so I may not be the best ask) saw the top class ever, high fived and said "He better f*cking do it with these guys." So I would imagine he's got a tentative 3 years before the overwhelming majority starts howling for blood.

I imagine a few die hards are already there and next year its an expectation of a CCG appearance and a competitive game at the least or they start naming their fantasy candidates.

Personally, I'm leaning towards next year as well.

In interviews he was asked something to the effect of "Do you feel like there have been things you've wanted to do on offense that you just weren't capable of?" And he said absolutely.

My interpretation of this was he was talking about QB. He went out and got Weigman. So if that was where he was leaning (and assuming he's still sold on him and not just throwing lipservice or coach speak) then he needs to get there soon!

He probably got more rope in in the last couple of seasons at the time because of the pandemic, but with no discernable dropoffs anywhere else in the top of the contenders list....in hindsight that won't be much use in saving him.

Everyone I know (and I do not really orbit in sports heavy circles so I may not be the best ask) saw the top class ever, high fived and said "He better f*cking do it with these guys." So I would imagine he's got a tentative 3 years before the overwhelming majority starts howling for blood.

I imagine a few die hards are already there and next year its an expectation of a CCG appearance and a competitive game at the least or they start naming their fantasy candidates.

Personally, I'm leaning towards next year as well.

In interviews he was asked something to the effect of "Do you feel like there have been things you've wanted to do on offense that you just weren't capable of?" And he said absolutely.

My interpretation of this was he was talking about QB. He went out and got Weigman. So if that was where he was leaning (and assuming he's still sold on him and not just throwing lipservice or coach speak) then he needs to get there soon!
So most aggies are willing to give him 8 years before putting him on the hot seat?? That seems a little ridiculous. For whatever reason Aggies are super loyal to Jimbo even though he has done nothing at all during his aggie tenure.

He hasn’t even won ten games in a season, and Id bet money he doesn’t do it this year either.

So most aggies are willing to give him 8 years before putting him on the hot seat?? That seems a little ridiculous. For whatever reason Aggies are super loyal to Jimbo even though he has done nothing at all during his aggie tenure.

He hasn’t even won ten games in a season, and Id bet money he doesn’t do it this year either.
If he brings in a sub par class last year, I think its this year or bust. And I mean in the higher ups. Plenty of rank and file are happy with a win over Alabama and even more got hard ons when he snapped at Saban to "defend their honor". But, I would hope, the people making the decisions can see the bigger picture.

Also if COVID doesn't happen, that doesn't wipe out a year in the minds of people looking to make excuses either.

But as to the point, the vast majority of coaches get tossed out after much less time, and the next coach doesn't really do much better. Or they do marginally better for a few seasons until they also suck and then the next guy comes in. How many coaches has Texas gone thru since the NC?

Shit canning a coach who isn't meeting expectations doesn't always work either. So if he's bringing in better classes, and not actively screwing up....I mean, we already paid the guy right? And if Jimbo was a swing and a miss then the ROI sucks either way. I think they just guaranteed him another 95 mil for 10 more years. So if they threw the money at him and he sucks, I kinda want him to suck hard so they hopefully learn their lesson.

Of course, I've yet to be tapped to run the upper levels of a major athletic department so there is a very slim possibility that I have absolutely no clue what's up!!

Woody....before I watched our ULM game I was concerned that EVERYONES DL was gonna get us. Now that I have seen with my own eyes that we are allowed to play Freshmen on the O Line I aint afeared of nothin'... Since our guys are too young to know any better, I expect them repel the Tide DL like waves crashing on the rocks.....and then,,,,,,uh,,,,and then.......uh, what were we talking about?
We're in the same boat brother. 👍

Why would aggy fire Jimbo? They started the season at #6. They were 8-4, finished 5th in the SEC West, and refused to play in their bowl game.

This is the golden era of aggy football. It's never going to get any better than this.

Why would aggy fire Jimbo? They started the season at #6. They were 8-4, finished 5th in the SEC West, and refused to play in their bowl game.

This is the golden era of aggy football. It's never going to get any better than this.
They fired Sumlin, who had a very similar record at aggie as their Lord and Savior Jimbo. They fired Sumlin but worship Jimbo. Makes no sense based on their results.

As long as A&M has 3 losses or less in the regular season, Jimbo will feel zero heat. If we go 8&4, he will catch a lot of heat. Won't be easy unless the OL really improves.

South Carolina, Appalachian State & UMASS should be wins. Bama will be an ass kicking more than likely. Arkansas, Miami, Florida, Ole Miss & Miss State are toss ups. We need to win at least 4 of those 6. And LSU and Auburn have athletes if they get their shit together, but those need to be wins imo.

You guys are going to love the SEC. Fun every week, other than Bama and Georgia for obvious reasons. And even those weeks are fun when you talk yourself into thinking you have a chance.

The fact that a&m is playing SHSU, App State and UMass is embarrassing. I think that Bama is going to mudhole aggy. Saban is going to make a point to Jimbo that you don't pull on Superman's cape.
Well, they have that pissing into the wind part down.

The fact that a&m is playing SHSU, App State and UMass is embarrassing. I think that Bama is going to mudhole aggy. Saban is going to make a point to Jimbo that you don't pull on Superman's cape.
You guys are going to feel a little different about your schedule when you hit the SEC. It won't be as tough going forward because you'll get to play more East teams, but it will be a hell of a lot harder than what you play now. I know many of you will disagree for now, which is fine.

You guys are going to feel a little different about your schedule when you hit the SEC. It won't be as tough going forward because you'll get to play more East teams, but it will be a hell of a lot harder than what you play now. I know many of you will disagree for now, which is fine.

It is kind of strange. aggy's non-con schedule is weak, because they perennially go 4-4 in the sec. Because, the sec is so tough.

Unlike aggy's time in the Big 12, where aggy's non-con schedule was weak and they perennially went 4-4 in conference play. Because, the Big 12 is so weak.

It is kind of strange. aggy's non-con schedule is weak, because they perennially go 4-4 in the sec. Because, the sec is so tough.

Unlike aggy's time in the Big 12, where aggy's non-con schedule was weak and they perennially went 4-4 in conference play. Because, the Big 12 is so weak.
Lol. The SEC West hasn’t been that great the past 2 years or so. It’s basically bama and then a bunch of average to above average teams. No one in the SEC west is that great this year other than Bama. I have a feeling Arkansas might be the second best team in the SEC West.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT