ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde-- we've got to do something

What I'm about to say is going to sound ridiculous to you. I acknowledge that.
Ready?

Thr leading cause of school shooting DEATHS is---- birth. If these kids weren't born, they wouldn't have been murdered.

Now-- what I said is 100% true-- if they were never born, they'd have never died. 100% factual statement.
YES--- it sounds stupid.

But when you say to me that magazine capacity in guns can lead to more casualties-- I agree. It can. But your argument sounds "silly" to me just as I'm sure my example sounded "silly" to you.

Why?

Well, because of human nature-- something, like birth, that simply can not be avoided. We have 300,000 years of caveman in us that is not changing anytime soon.

"What are you babbling about Clob?"

The number of bullets the gun holds doesn't matter.
The desire to kill does. Give me some fertilizer and diesel and I'll show you how to dwarf the 22 casualty mark.
Look at Oklahoma City.
The largest school casualty event in US history (Michigan) was done with dynamite.

Just this past Feb during the Afghan airport cluster fvck, a suicide bomber blew himself up killing 13 US Marines and--- wait for it-- 170 Afghan civilians.

13 + 170 = 183

183 >>>> 22

So please, I get it-- what you said IS true. But at the end of the day-- killers gonna kill.

Point taken, and I agree. If someone wants to kill people, they're going to find a way to do it whether it's guns, vehicles, knives, bombs, chemicals, fire, etc. We have a mental health problem with people today. Guns have been around for a long time. If guns were the issue, this kind of thing would have been happening many years ago. Guns are not the issue here. It's people.

Ready?

Thr leading cause of school shooting DEATHS is---- birth. If these kids weren't born, they wouldn't have been murdered.

Now-- what I said is 100% true-- if they were never born, they'd have never died. 100% factual statement.
YES--- it sounds stupid.

But when you say to me that magazine capacity in guns can lead to more casualties-- I agree. It can. But your argument sounds "silly" to me just as I'm sure my example sounded "silly" to you.

Why?

Well, because of human nature-- something, like birth, that simply can not be avoided. We have 300,000 years of caveman in us that is not changing anytime soon.

The desire to kill does. Give me some fertilizer and diesel and I'll show you how to dwarf the 22 casualty mark.
Look at Oklahoma City.
The largest school casualty event in US history (Michigan) was done with dynamite.

Just this past Feb during the Afghan airport cluster fvck, a suicide bomber blew himself up killing 13 US Marines and--- wait for it-- 170 Afghan civilians.

13 + 170 = 183

183 >>>> 22

So please, I get it-- what you said IS true. But at the end of the day-- killers gonna kill.
Cain. God told Cain that sin is crouching outside your door and its desire is to devour you but must master it. Most people on this planet are ruled by their sin. That is our problem.

Gen 4:1-7

Last edited:
Ready?

YES--- it sounds stupid.

Why?

Look at Oklahoma City.

13 + 170 = 183

183 >>>> 22

Golf clap

I had this discussion with a fellow teacher. People talk about about banning "Assault Rifles", but we can't even agree on the definition of "Assault Rifle". What about shotguns? I would argue that in a crowded hallway, the Mossberg 590 would do more damage than an AR15.

If you look at virtually all of the school shootings that have occurred since Columbine, they have 2 things in common.

1. Guns

2. The assailants have a well documented history of the mental health issues that include making threats about harming classmates.

Why don't we ever hear an uproar about fixing the latter?

In the Boston Marathon tragedy, the guy used pressure cookers. Crazy going to crazy.

Uvalde police doubling down and circling the wagons. I’m pretty sure these stooges were giving false directives here. Imo they cannot trespass someone from a public space especially a member of the press doing a story. That parking lot doesn’t appear to be private property, the ISD is funded by the public.They weren’t just milling around vandalizing, they were conducting business. They should have taken the arrest and turned around and filed a lawsuit for exercising their constitutional rights.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eporter-trespassing-order-leave-property.html

• June 1, 2022: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Dr. Preston Phillips medical center, 4 killed)
  • May 24, 2022: Uvalde, Texas (Robb Elementary School, 21 killed, several wounded)
  • May 17, 2022: Buffalo, New York (Tops Friendly Market, 10 killed, 3 wounded)
  • March 10, 2021: Boulder, Colorado (King Soopers grocery store, 10 people killed, 3 wounded
  • Aug. 31, 2019: Midland/Odessa (West Texas cities, 7 killed, 25 wounded)
  • Apr. 27, 2019: Poway synagogue (near San Diego, 1 killed, 3 wounded)
  • Oct. 27, 2018: Tree of Life Synagogue (Pittsburgh, 11 killed, 6 wounded)
  • April 22, 2018: Waffle House (Nashville, Tennessee, 4 killed, 3 injured)
  • Feb. 14, 2018: Parkland, Florida (Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 17 killed, 17 wounded)
  • Nov. 5, 2017: Sutherland Springs (rural Texas church service, 26 people killed)
  • Oct. 1, 2017: Las Vegas (music festival, 58 killed, hundreds wounded)
  • June 12, 2016: Orlando, Florida (Pulse nightclub [not an AR-15 but very similar], 49 killed, 50 wounded)
  • Dec. 2, 2015: San Bernadino, California (holiday office party at Inland Regional Center, 14 killed, 21 wounded)
  • Dec. 14, 2012: Sandy Hook Elementary School (Newtown, Connecticut, 27 people killed)
  • June 20, 2012: Aurora, Colorado (Century 16 movie theater, 12 killed, 58 wounded)
  • Oct. 7, 2007: Crandon, Wisconsin (apartment, 6 killed, 1 wounded)
  • Feb. 24, 1984: Los Angeles (49th Street Elementary School, 2 killed, 12 wounded)

Saw this in a yahoo article. These are all the shootings that have used and AR-15. The article was trying to be informative but had a bias lean to it. Never did it once ask the question AR's have been around for over 60 years. Staring in 1984 to 2012 there were 2 mass shootings that used an AR. But from 2012 to 2022 there have been 15. Why the sudden uptick in the last 10 years that they did not see the 18 years prior. That would be my main concern. If the gun has been around since the 70's why are the shooting now becoming more prevalent. Does not seem that it was an issue before. So why now?

Ready?

YES--- it sounds stupid.

Why?

Look at Oklahoma City.

13 + 170 = 183

183 >>>> 22

Did you know that the leading cause of divorce is marriage?

• June 1, 2022: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Dr. Preston Phillips medical center, 4 killed)
  • May 24, 2022: Uvalde, Texas (Robb Elementary School, 21 killed, several wounded)
  • May 17, 2022: Buffalo, New York (Tops Friendly Market, 10 killed, 3 wounded)
  • March 10, 2021: Boulder, Colorado (King Soopers grocery store, 10 people killed, 3 wounded
  • Aug. 31, 2019: Midland/Odessa (West Texas cities, 7 killed, 25 wounded)
  • Apr. 27, 2019: Poway synagogue (near San Diego, 1 killed, 3 wounded)
  • Oct. 27, 2018: Tree of Life Synagogue (Pittsburgh, 11 killed, 6 wounded)
  • April 22, 2018: Waffle House (Nashville, Tennessee, 4 killed, 3 injured)
  • Feb. 14, 2018: Parkland, Florida (Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 17 killed, 17 wounded)
  • Nov. 5, 2017: Sutherland Springs (rural Texas church service, 26 people killed)
  • Oct. 1, 2017: Las Vegas (music festival, 58 killed, hundreds wounded)
  • June 12, 2016: Orlando, Florida (Pulse nightclub [not an AR-15 but very similar], 49 killed, 50 wounded)
  • Dec. 2, 2015: San Bernadino, California (holiday office party at Inland Regional Center, 14 killed, 21 wounded)
  • Dec. 14, 2012: Sandy Hook Elementary School (Newtown, Connecticut, 27 people killed)
  • June 20, 2012: Aurora, Colorado (Century 16 movie theater, 12 killed, 58 wounded)
  • Oct. 7, 2007: Crandon, Wisconsin (apartment, 6 killed, 1 wounded)
  • Feb. 24, 1984: Los Angeles (49th Street Elementary School, 2 killed, 12 wounded)

Saw this in a yahoo article. These are all the shootings that have used and AR-15. The article was trying to be informative but had a bias lean to it. Never did it once ask the question AR's have been around for over 60 years. Staring in 1984 to 2012 there were 2 mass shootings that used an AR. But from 2012 to 2022 there have been 15. Why the sudden uptick in the last 10 years that they did not see the 18 years prior. That would be my main concern. If the gun has been around since the 70's why are the shooting now becoming more prevalent. Does not seem that it was an issue before. So why now?
Good work. I think mental health perpetuated with the advent of social media is definitely the driving force these days. Demented people have easier access to resources to research and fulfill their perversions via the internet that didn’t exist or weren’t glorified for lack of a better word 10-15 years ago.
The shooter in Tulsa just seemed pissed off about a flawed back surgery. Who knows at this point what set him off? Did the doctor kind of blow him off and he was in excruciating pain and he figured he couldn’t live like that? Who knows

Last edited:
Good work. I think mental health perpetuated with the advent of social media is definitely the driving force these days. Demented people have easier access to resources to research and fulfill their perversions via the internet that didn’t exist or weren’t glorified for lack of a better word 10-15 years ago.
The shooter in Tulsa just seemed pissed off about a flawed back surgery. Who knows at this point what set him off? Did the doctor kind of blow him off and he was in excruciating pain and he figured he couldn’t live like that? Who knows
I'll tell you this-- if shooting people in the face would make my knees never hurt again-- I'd have to have long talks with myself.

Got a serious question for you guys. When yer boy McConneghey made his rant about gun control, did he once mention the incompetence of the Uvalde police force? I missed it, only caught short clips. Again, serious question.

I just don't get the magazine capacityarduement in this case. With an hour in the building(which he had) he could have done more damage with a single shot 410....

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I just don't get the magazine capacityarduement in this case. With an hour in the building(which he had) he could have done more damage with a single shot 410....
Dems way is to deflect. Keep folks hysterical for their agenda. I call it the Dianne Feinstein effect. Bitch died a few months ago yet her legacy lives and is the dems top priority. **** the dems and that bitch. 😁

No doubt Dems would love to have guns banned from society. Isn't it ironic that when a police officer kills someone with a gun they want the officer arrested and his life ruined, with no mention of gun control. It's the officer's fault. But when these lunatic shooters kill someone, it's the gun's fault, not the mentally ill person's fault. Liberal logic at its finest there. :rolleyes:

No doubt Dems would love to have guns banned from society. Isn't it ironic that when a police officer kills someone with a gun they want the officer arrested and his life ruined, with no mention of gun control. It's the officer's fault. But when these lunatic shooters kill someone, it's the gun's fault, not the mentally ill person's fault. Liberal logic at its finest there. :rolleyes:
Logic is lost with dems. Pretty simple.

Reactions: TexLou
Fired?....did you say fired?.....How about imprisoned?....How about turning that chucklehead Chief over to the parents? How about hog tieing him naked...you know...as defenseless as a 4th grader....and turning him over to the parents for an hour?

Bastard ought to be tied to a chair and have his feet set on fire!

Reactions: Lampasas
Fired?....did you say fired?.....How about imprisoned?....How about turning that chucklehead Chief over to the parents? How about hog tieing him naked...you know...as defenseless as a 4th grader....and turning him over to the parents for an hour?

If he had a shred of honor, he would already have killed himself.

Reactions: Belldozer1

Oh don’t get me wrong I think he should be imprisoned but I think there is some bs Supreme Court rulings that make it difficult to prosecute something like this. The way that whole city govt has been elusive and scurrying around like rats doesn’t give me much hope. The DA is spineless it seems

@oldhorn2 I’ve got a question for you, I was watching snipets of the Senate hearings today on the Uvalde shooting today and imo it’s about like most senate hearings, a total joke. The top DPS guy was giving a timeline of the Uvalde shooting and I shit you not one of the purported timeline events was one of the officers on the scene asking the police chief “people are going to be wondering why we aren’t making entry” and the response from the Police chief was along the lines of “we’re trying to preserve additional lives” or something along those lines. When I heard that I knew that this whole thing has been doctored up to protect people. No way an officer and the Police Chief in that situation are ironically exchanging that kind of dialogue.

Here’s my question, the School Police Chief, Arredondo testified behind closed doors today at the Senate, when he was leaving the Senate, camera crews were trying to question him as he walked down a hall flanked by DPS officers and he literally started jogging to get away from them and on the elevator. As a public servant isn’t he obligated to publicly answer question to the public? Also why would the DPS be flanking him? Seems a little fishy. One last thing, the DPS man appeared to admonish Arredondo for his actions but I didn’t hear one thing mentioned about holding anyone accountable, they only mentioned looking for solutions.

It appears that I was correct. Arredondo is a good lib and the libs in the valley are covering for one another. The opportunity to chip away at the 2nd amendment must have been too tantalizing for arredondo to pass up.

It appears that I was correct. Arredondo is a good lib and the libs in the valley are covering for one another. The opportunity to chip away at the 2nd amendment must have been too tantalizing for arredondo to pass up.
I cannot believe that there haven't been multiple firings at the very least. If they let these cowards just walk I hope civil litigation is brought by the parents especially the ones that were physically restrained from rescuing their own kids. IMO that move changed the whole scenario when gross negligence and dereliction of duty is taken into consideration.. Again I heard the Head of DPS say to day they were looking for solutions to what went wrong but he NEVER mentioned anything whatsoever about holding anyone accountable. I hope I'm wrong but I have a fear that the DPS is helping circle the wagons. The citizens of Uvalde should appoint the Border Patrol Agent that killed the perp the new Chief of Police in Uvalde and double his salary.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
You aren't going to like this---

When you agenda four years calling cops murderers, racists and threatening to de-fund them, the qualified people just go else where. This is what Uvalde was left with.

I have no idea what to make of what is going on.....I will get a report of sorts, but I do not know when. I can only say that Uvalde is NOT in the valley. Libs in the valley are starting to have a bit of tough sledding.

The scary thing is that Clob has a point.....when the Police become afraid to Police, the whole system looks scary in fact.

Instead he went ahead and got sworn in to his city council job.
The Uvalde City Council voted not to give him a leave of absence, meaning if he misses 3 meetings, they can remove him. Right now, with no final, legal judgment against Arredondo, that's about all they can do. The Uvalde families and citizens applauded the decision.

I have a friend from Uvalde who knows the Mayor pretty well. He talked to him this week and like in his comments on tv, the Mayor contends he hasn’t heard from the DPS or U.S. Marshall’s in weeks regarding the progress of their investigation etc. He is also aggravated because DPS and other agencies had officers in the hallway too who didn’t engage the shooter. I guess if you want to be fair, fire all of them at the very least.

I have a friend from Uvalde who knows the Mayor pretty well. He talked to him this week and like in his comments on tv, the Mayor contends he hasn’t heard from the DPS or U.S. Marshall’s in weeks regarding the progress of their investigation etc. He is also aggravated because DPS and other agencies had officers in the hallway too who didn’t engage the shooter. I guess if you want to be fair, fire all of them at the very least.
My initial reaction is to agree with you; fire them all. I have never been in law enforcement, but I would guess many of the officers were trained to respect the chain of command and to follow "orders" regardless. Certainly they had to be conflicted, and reports are emerging of officers attempting to engage in spite of being told to wait.
Again, I've never experienced anything like that so I am hesitant to throw them all away. But certainly the leader(s) should be held accountable.

My initial reaction is to agree with you; fire them all. I have never been in law enforcement, but I would guess many of the officers were trained to respect the chain of command and to follow "orders" regardless. Certainly they had to be conflicted, and reports are emerging of officers attempting to engage in spite of being told to wait.
Again, I've never experienced anything like that so I am hesitant to throw them all away. But certainly the leader(s) should be held accountable.
Uvalde is a sleepy little town in the middle of scrub brush and dried up creeks. Ain't nothin hardly there besides a few hunting leases/lodges etc
As you say brother hard to throw em all away as the untrained/ignorant law enforcement hadn't a clue. This saddening situation falls solely on Arredondo and quite possibly their mayor.

This goes back to the Great Society. The Kennedys hated state mental hospitals. Their sister Rose was probably schizophrenic. Being rich, she got the most advanced therapy of the time: a prefrontal lobotomy, by the surgeon at Johns Hopkins who invented it. He won the Nobel Prize. Rose spent the rest of her life cared for at home by the family. The Kennedys thought that everyone else could do this with the help of federally funded community health centers. There they could obtain the new anti-psychotic medications, like thorazine. Let my crazy people go!
So the state hospitals were defunded. My father was the Dallas County assistant public health officer in the 60s. Best known as "Jack Ruby's doctor." One of his jobs was to evaluate crazy people for commitment. In Lunacy Court. We don't do that anymore. This is the source of many "homeless" people.
To see the Kennedy's side, I advise the documentary "Titticut Follies", filmed at the Massachusetts State Hospital at Titticut.
Papa Joe destroyed that girls life his blood daughter. She lived in an institution the last 60 years of her life.

Why cause she couldn't be like the rest of the Kennedys. Before she had it was it obvious that she wasn't going to compete in sailing, and not be in public office and Papa Joe couldn't accept it.

Of all the Kennedy children only Eunice cared for her.

Reactions: JustAHorn88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT