ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde-- we've got to do something

It's going to be a REALLY bad next few months for the Uvalde PD.

Like-- really bad. This is going to be VERY bad for them dudes.

It's going to be a REALLY bad next few months for the Uvalde PD.

Like-- really bad. This is going to be VERY bad for them dudes.
I won't be surprised to start seeing resignations in the coming days. Governor Abbot now has egg all over his face after he unequivocally stated that police officers immediately rushed the shooter and engaged with him. That was completely untrue but that was the information he was provided by Uvalde police. I'm sure he's pissed because he now looks like a dumbass for making that statement. He's going to be demanding answers as well.

I won't be surprised to start seeing resignations in the coming days. Governor Abbot now has egg all over his face after he unequivocally stated that police officers immediately rushed the shooter and engaged with him. That was completely untrue but that was the information he was provided by Uvalde police. I'm sure he's pissed because he now looks like a dumbass for making that statement. He's going to be demanding answers as well.
They intended to craft a narrative but all those pesky parents with phones..... The parents and observers ruin every attempt at creating a narrative by posting the truth online. At this moment, the police in Uvalde are trying to assess how much truth is online so that they can craft a narrative that still absolves them of their negligent behavior. This is the government in a nutshell.

They intended to craft a narrative but all those pesky parents with phones..... The parents and observers ruin every attempt at creating a narrative by posting the truth online. At this moment, the police in Uvalde are trying to assess how much truth is online so that they can craft a narrative that still absolves them of their negligent behavior. This is the government in a nutshell.
Best post you've ever made.

This guy never should have got to the school door.

Dude crashes his grandmas truck at 11:28. People come out to see if he needs help and he shoots at them. 911 is called at 11:30. Dude jumps the back fence and enters the school at 11:40. Police don't enter the building until 11:44 and then retreat after taking fire.

The police station is 1.4 miles from the school and the Highschool where the SRO was is 2.1 miles away. With lights and sirens that is less than a 5 minute response time. Why did it take them 14 minutes to get into the building after a 911 call of an active shooter right next to the school?

There is a WSJ article about a woman driving 40 miles to the school. She gets to the police line and tries to find out about her kids. US Marshalls put her in hand cuffs and arrest her for interfering with an investigation. Local police know her and convince them to let her go. She claims that she went to another part of the school, jumped the fence, went in the school, and got her 2 kids out. 2nd and 3rd Grader. There are other reports of parents being hand cuffed and tazed because they were trying to go into the building to get their kids.

Dude crashes his grandmas truck at 11:28. People come out to see if he needs help and he shoots at them. 911 is called at 11:30. Dude jumps the back fence and enters the school at 11:40. Police don't enter the building until 11:44 and then retreat after taking fire.

The police station is 1.4 miles from the school and the Highschool where the SRO was is 2.1 miles away. With lights and sirens that is less than a 5 minute response time. Why did it take them 14 minutes to get into the building after a 911 call of an active shooter right next to the school?

There is a WSJ article about a woman driving 40 miles to the school. She gets to the police line and tries to find out about her kids. US Marshalls put her in hand cuffs and arrest her for interfering with an investigation. Local police know her and convince them to let her go. She claims that she went to another part of the school, jumped the fence, went in the school, and got her 2 kids out. 2nd and 3rd Grader. There are other reports of parents being hand cuffed and tazed because they were trying to go into the building to get their kids.
This isn’t a relatively simple case of a career criminal in NYC that has 19 prior arrests and uses a $50 handgun bought off the streets to shoot a stranger in the subway. Primary question: why was he out on the streets after 19 arrests?

Here, there are many more obvious questions. The issues regarding the timeline. The questions regarding the PD responsiveness. How did this loser get about $5k (my estimate) to purchase 2 Daniel Defense weapons and all of the magazines and rounds that were found?

I’m not looking to speculate. Rather, these are the obvious questions that grieving families will be asking themselves over time as they go through the grieving process. The facts need to come out; otherwise the families will understandably latch on to the questions their entire life. They will never get their loved ones back but it does help with the grieving process to reduce over time the number of unanswered questions.

Someone very close to me lost a sister in a horrific accident many years ago. The parents wanted and needed answers for their own healing.

This will impact many people in ways unimaginable for a lifetime. I’m hopeful those impacted get their questions answered in due time. They deserve it.

Last edited:
Here, there are many more obvious questions. The issues regarding the timeline. The questions regarding the PD responsiveness. How did this loser get about $5k (my estimate) to purchase 2 Daniel Defense weapons and all of the magazines and rounds that were found?
He had a job at Wendy's and he lived with his grandparents so he probably didn't have any bills. Not unreasonable to save $5K over a period of time.

Nobody wants our children to be easy targets, nobody. I hope we can collectively pull our heads from our asses and do something that actually works but as long as we blame 1 tool in the toolbox, we'll never fix anything.
Spent 2 hours on the phone last night with a buddy that just finished his 20. He spent most of those with 1st RB A company. We talked about the misconceptions of the AR vs the SOPMOD and how they "look similar, but ain't".

He reiterated that there is no way on God's blue earth he'd go down range with an AR. And as I'm sure you know, most of them boys can shoot.

His solution was similar to yours. Hardened single point of entry, with the use of a primary and then secondary pass through entry. Door behind them locks before the door infront of them can unlock. If it's a bad guy, you've got "bad guy locked in the box" and can dispatch him at your leisure.

Reactions: LonghornMM
He had a job at Wendy's and he lived with his grandparents so he probably didn't have any bills. Not unreasonable to save $5K over a period of time.
"[O]ver a period of time" . . . If the loser saved over a period of a year or so, does that mean he saved with the intention of committing this/some heinous act? Were there signs over that "period of time"?

Every answer leads to another question for grieving people looking for definitive answers. As I said, I've seen this first hand. I'll stop with this exchange because I don't want to get into the speculation business. Just hoping that grieving families get their answers over time.

Spent 2 hours on the phone last night with a buddy that just finished his 20. He spent most of those with 1st RB A company. We talked about the misconceptions of the AR vs the SOPMOD and how they "look similar, but ain't".

He reiterated that there is no way on God's blue earth he'd go down range with an AR. And as I'm sure you know, most of them boys can shoot.

His solution was similar to yours. Hardened single point of entry, with the use of a primary and then secondary pass through entry. Door behind them locks before the door infront of them can unlock. If it's a bad guy, you've got "bad guy locked in the box" and can dispatch him at your leisure.
I've done consulting for armored transportation businesses and have done numerous tours of branches in high risk countries such as Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela. All of the branches storing currency and other valuables use the primary/secondary door (called a "mantrap" in that industry) system for their single entry point.

Would work very well in an educational setting.

This isn’t a relatively simple case of a career criminal in NYC that has 19 prior arrests and uses a $50 handgun bought off the streets to shoot a stranger in the subway. Primary question: why was he out on the streets after 19 arrests?

I’m not looking to speculate. Rather, these are the obvious questions that grieving families will be asking themselves over time as they go through the grieving process. The facts need to come out; otherwise the families will understandably latch on to the questions their entire life. They will never get their loved ones back but it does help with the grieving process to reduce over time the number of unanswered questions.

Someone very close to me lost a sister in a horrific accident many years ago. The parents wanted and needed answers for their own healing.

This will impact many people in ways unimaginable for a lifetime. I’m hopeful those impacted get their questions answered in due time. They deserve it.
He dropped out of school and was working full time at Wendy's starting sometime in February. He was living rent free with Mom and then Grandma. He was probably making 10-12 an hour. With worker shortages he probably had some overtime as well. He ended up paying a little over 3 grand for both weapons. Not too hard to save up that money in a few months.

Reactions: Hoookem722

The story about the mother going inside to get her kids is amazing but it hasn’t been confirmed. If true, I would want to know what she saw and how she found her kids. Also, did she free other kids and teachers too?

It's now being reported this evil punk was arrested 4yrs ago for saying when he's a senior, he's going to shoot up a school.

I hate the idea of red flag laws but Jesus Christ he should have at least been on a damn list somewhere.

1000% this.

It's now being reported this evil punk was arrested 4yrs ago for saying when he's a senior, he's going to shoot up a school.

I hate the idea of red flag laws but Jesus Christ he should have at least been on a damn list somewhere.
Yep, these guys can't hide their crazy, they always let it show at some point. We need to use that to find them before they go off.

Yep, these guys can't hide their crazy, they always let it show at some point. We need to use that to find them before they go off.
My opinion on a vaccine can be censored but crazies making threats can't be corralled? These guys want attention because their personal life choices suck.... might as well go out with a bang, fools.

What we don't see are the hundreds that are apprehended and dealt with. It seems Uvalde is still in pre Columbine mode. We need to make it a law that that public places be made hard targets.

I call bullshit on this. No dropout loser in the known universe has the discipline and knowledge to save that kind of money over any amount of time.....so where did he get it?

The local cops were afraid to go in and fight. Hmmmmm
and in this world we live in if there are armed officers on campus hope motivated are they to step up when the shooting starts? Seems like Uvalde had a lot of posers collecting paychecks? A lot of followers?

Last edited:
The fact there are so many schools without multiple armed security officers is unconscionable to me. I was visiting my daughter over last weekend and went to a very nice shopping center with a Louis Vuitton store. That store had two armed security guards there to protect a bunch of fvcking handbags!
and in this world we live in if there are armed officers on campus hope motivated are they to step up when the shooting starts? Seems like Uvalde had a lot of posers collecting paychecks? A lot of followers?
They had the same problem in the Miami school shooting as well as the gay club in Florida.

Public places are becoming war zones, including the local heb. It's best to be prepared to deal with hostiles alone.

I watched the press conference from DPS a few minutes ago, not good. A few points.

The commanding officer on scene reduced it from an active shooter to a stand off/barricade situation. That is why they didn't breach the door immediately. Admitted it was the wrong decision.

Multiple 911 calls came from students in the room during the "standoff" of children begging the cops to come in and get them. Were those calls relayed to the commanding officer that there were still children alive in the room?

Tactical teams waiter for the proper gear before breaching.

There was no resource officer on the campus.

He entered through a door that was propped open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT