ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde-- we've got to do something

Looks like our police chief was overly concerned about "outreach to the community" and helping "those in need". I smell a democrat in police clothing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-response-shooting-join-city-counse-rcna30910

Watch, he will never be examined in the media because he is a good liberal democrat.
I emailed the Chief of Police in Uvalde inquiring why Mr. Arredondo isn’t sitting in jail right now for gross negligence. Dude is on the tit and needs to be held accountable.

I emailed the Chief of Police in Uvalde inquiring why Mr. Arredondo isn’t sitting in jail right now for gross negligence. Dude is on the tit and needs to be held accountable.
I suspect that firing him would be a good start. I wonder who in Uvalde would hire him now.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I suspect that firing him would be a good start. I wonder who in Uvalde would hire him now.
So do you think he’ll be able to just waltz off to the City Council like has been reported. I guess he won an election. I’m not sure he is safe in Uvalde?

So do you think he’ll be able to just waltz off to the City Council like has been reported. I guess he won an election. I’m not sure he is safe in Uvalde?
I doubt that City Council pays very well.

I have been following what you guys have been saying and posting. There is so much coverage over this and I'm taking it all in bit by bit. I don't know if any of yall saw the video of them interviewing his mom in Spanish. She pretty much said while crying he had reasons for doing it......the teacher that propped the door open was an idiot and then she wanted to see the wreck and it was to late already. She saw him he fired She left the door open like wtf was she thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
the one thing I havnt seen discussed in the AR 15 debate is....the size/weight of the bullet itself. I was in the Army during the transition to the AR15 from the M 14. To us the biggest difference was first, the AR 15 was much lighter. The next thing was at that time there was no way to fix on a bayonet.But the biggest thing to us was the size of the 20 round magazine......about 1/2 the size of the 20 round M14 magazine.....and way lighter. That let the grunts carry at least twice the ammunition. both were semi automatic, but the AR 15 could be switched to full auto....not that it was useful. Pretty hard to even get a 3 second burst out of 20 rounds.

Now 50 years later it is possible that the AR 15 has been improved some from those days.....

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
the one thing I havnt seen discussed in the AR 15 debate is....the size/weight of the bullet itself. I was in the Army during the transition to the AR15 from the M 14. To us the biggest difference was first, the AR 15 was much lighter. The next thing was at that time there was no way to fix on a bayonet.But the biggest thing to us was the size of the 20 round magazine......about 1/2 the size of the 20 round M14 magazine.....and way lighter. That let the grunts carry at least twice the ammunition. both were semi automatic, but the AR 15 could be switched to full auto....not that it was useful. Pretty hard to even get a 3 second burst out of 20 rounds.

Now 50 years later it is possible that the AR 15 has been improved some from those days.....
Cbs morning news this morning made the ar15 out to be a war weapon for mass destruction and casualty as well as obliterating the human body. Or is this the lib's agenda?

Last edited:
@JDCPAgolferHorn what legal ramifications would stop Uvalde citizens from doing a citizen arrest of Uvalde School District Police Chief? Seems warranted imo?
I surely hope them folks stand up and denounce that this piece of shit will NOT be on their council. I don't see it happening. Turd shouldn't be involved with anything involving folks well being. He should be charged with gross negligence and sent to the pen, imo. I believe the FBI won't let this go as is. If there was ever an instance of a turd being making an example of? This is it. Them folks in Uvalde deserve better.

Last edited:

Lib agenda, nothing else. 👍

I've been a teacher for 5 years and, in my opinion, these are some things that would help:

Bullet proof glass and doors everywhere
Barred vestibules at every exterior exits
Alarms that sound whenever an exterior door is left open
An easement of at least 100 yards between any road and the exterior of the building
No parking in the front of the building
Making sure that district police department officers are actively monitoring exterior cameras or walking the building

If you think that last one is already occurring, I assure you it's not. It's common knowledge that our officer takes naps in his office.

I've been a teacher for 5 years and, in my opinion, these are some things that would help:

Bullet proof glass and doors everywhere
Barred vestibules at every exterior exits
Alarms that sound whenever an exterior door is left open
An easement of at least 100 yards between any road and the exterior of the building
No parking in the front of the building
Making sure that district police department officers are actively monitoring exterior cameras or walking the building

If you think that last one is already occurring, I assure you it's not. It's common knowledge that our officer takes naps in his office.
Are you allowed to conceal carry at your school? I cannot imagine the horror those teachers went thru in Uvalde. What would they have given to have been armed in that situation?

Are you allowed to conceal carry at your school? I cannot imagine the horror those teachers went thru in Uvalde. What would they have given to have been armed in that situation?
I'm conservative and I don't believe arming teachers is the answer. I also do not want my students to use their cell phones during an active shooter situation.

I am going to invest in one of these:

I'm conservative and I don't believe arming teachers is the answer. I also do not want my students to use their cell phones during an active shooter situation.

Buy one of those AND a tazer. You ever been tazed? It sucks. And all you chuckleheads that are thinking up jokes right now-- I had it done to me during a drill.
It feels like your neck is about to swallow your nuts. If your pee hole could take a breath, it would do it while you're being tazed.

I’m curious to hear your reasoning about not allowing teachers no to conceal carry. From my perspective if I’m in that situation I’d sure like the opportunity to defend myself rather than just sitting there awaiting slaughter. Keep in mind, we’ve learned that if you’re in that active situation, the police may not help you, you can only help yourself. What’s that contraption in n that link? Some kind of door support/lock

I’ve got a professor buddy at TX St. that tells me he’s aware of quite a few professors that carry in the classroom including himself

I’m curious to hear your reasoning about not allowing teachers no to conceal carry. From my perspective if I’m in that situation I’d sure like the opportunity to defend myself rather than just sitting there awaiting slaughter. Keep in mind, we’ve learned that if you’re in that active situation, the police may not help you, you can only help yourself. What’s that contraption in n that link? Some kind of door support/lock

I’ve got a professor buddy at TX St. that tells me he’s aware of quite a few professors that carry in the classroom including himself
My kids school district started allowing teachers to conceal carry back in 2018. That alone makes me breath a little easier knowing that some of the teachers are armed. Not sure how they would react to a hostile situation if one would arise but just knowing that some of them are armed is enough for me to sleep a little better at night.

It was a pretty extensive background check they had to go through in order to be able to do this.

Trust me when I tell you, I would not want some of my coworkers carrying guns. We act as though everyone that carries a concealed hand gun is capable of making correct decisions in high pressure situations.

What happens the 1st time a mentally unstable student gets their hands on the gun of someone that is being careless.

I think having a gun for personal protection is your right; however, I am not sure that adding more guns to an active shooter situation is the best idea.

Reactions: EWNHorn
Trust me when I tell you, I would not want some of my coworkers carrying guns. We act as though everyone that carries a concealed hand gun is capable of making correct decisions in high pressure situations.

What happens the 1st time a mentally unstable student gets their hands on the gun of someone that is being careless.

I think having a gun for personal protection is your right; however, I am not sure that adding more guns to an active shooter situation is the best idea.
They implemented this in my kids school district 3 years ago and haven't had any negative impacts thus far. Nobody truly knows who is carrying and who isn't though. They have a special safe in each classroom that requires the teachers fingerprint to open the safe. It's out of sight of all students. They also have an annual training requirement that is mandatory.

The thought of knowing that there are armed teachers in the school could be enough of a deterrent to make somebody think twice. That alone right there is enough for me.

I agree that the border patrol agent is a hero and he saved lives. But your logical mistake is that the average person with a gun isn't trained like the BPA was and probably not even trained as well as the armed security guards that failed to stop the bastard. SImply having everyone carry may help some (I do love the stories when a citizen that carries kills the bad guy), but that is not the most effective solution.
Do you know what the statistic of people who are saved by legally caring guns each Year?

Reactions: Oilfield
The Supreme Court has finally decided, a few years ago, that the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to own guns. What they didn't decide, however, was what types of guns could be owned. We already have some limitations on guns such as fully automatic machine guns. Thus, the 2nd Amendment is not an unfettered right.

While the majority of Americans favor some limitations on weapon types and magazine sizes, the NRA and other pro gun lobbyists fight all attempts to pass laws making gun ownership a little more restrictive and laws to limit clip sizes. They make the slippery slope argument as justification.

In America, we will never get rid of guns, but as long as the NRA and other gun lobbyists prevent Congress from passing some limiting laws, the numbers of people killed will be higher than it would have been had such laws been passed. To support the gun lobbies, including the NRA, therefore is to support the policies that will lead to unnecessary of adults and children. If the deranged, such as the racist in Buffalo and this guy in Uvalde, had not been able to buy assault rifles with large clips, many less people would have died.

It is time to pass some sensible legislation.
  • In 2021 gun rights lobbyists spent a total of $15.8M. SOURCE: OpenSecrets
  • This is a minuscule amount compared to other industries. SOURCE: OpenSecrets
    • Pharmaceuticals - $356.6M
    • Electronics - $179M
    • Insurance - $153
    • Lobbyist are not the issue. And when the founding fathers created the second amendment they had no intent on limiting the types of fire arms that you could own. You do not sound like a crazy liberal. I thing you are more centralist from what I have read from you so I am not trying to be snarky. The NRA just does not have the power people claim it does. The back ground checks will not work either. Not because they could not work but it is who is doing the back ground checking. The government sucks at most anything it does and making a better back ground check would be no different. You can get a regular rifle and do the same thing as an AR-15. It is just the popular gun so banning those don't work either. Until you address the mental heath issue this will happen from time to time. Just how it is. I would propose we should have used the money we sent to Ukraine to fund a police program for schools. But if you read above the Government would have F'ed that up to. The Police did a shitty job here and that is a big issue what happened at the school. No easy fix I just don't think their would have been a law that would have stopped this kid and most mass shootings at schools IMO.

• Electronics - $179M
    • Insurance - $153
    • Lobbyist are not the issue. And when the founding fathers created the second amendment they had no intent on limiting the types of fire arms that you could own. You do not sound like a crazy liberal. I thing you are more centralist from what I have read from you so I am not trying to be snarky. The NRA just does not have the power people claim it does. The back ground checks will not work either. Not because they could not work but it is who is doing the back ground checking. The government sucks at most anything it does and making a better back ground check would be no different. You can get a regular rifle and do the same thing as an AR-15. It is just the popular gun so banning those don't work either. Until you address the mental heath issue this will happen from time to time. Just how it is. I would propose we should have used the money we sent to Ukraine to fund a police program for schools. But if you read above the Government would have F'ed that up to. The Police did a shitty job here and that is a big issue what happened at the school. No easy fix I just don't think their would have been a law that would have stopped this kid and most mass shootings at schools IMO.
I would add that background checks should be expanded to include social media checks.

Good post.

I finally got to talk to my son. He basically said that they did not know any more than we do. He did say that the reports so far from there were not believable and he was waiting for a fuller and better explanation. One thing he told was I found a bit chilling. He said that within several weeks before the shooting the DPS had done an "active shooter" training in Uvalde. He was not on that training mission. Given that fact he was amazed the Police could have gotten it so wrong.

Thats all I got.

Looks like the Uvalde Govt. is circling the wagons. I guess the Uvalde ISD Police a chief assumes he’s just going to ride off into the sunset on the taxpayers tit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-despite-refusing-cooperate-state-probe.html
Yep, Uvalde is lawyering up. I'm sure they think they are being targeted by the State to be the scapegoat. Once the killer got in the building there was never going to be a good outcome but they messed up regardless.

• Electronics - $179M
    • Insurance - $153
This. I believe Fresh put out the figure it would have given each school in America something like $400k for security.

sighhhh.....this is not the result of failure of proper gun control. It is a failure of the police to interdict as soon as possible. The shooter could have inflicted much,much carnage with just a hatchet. The problem was that those that were charged to protect and serve sat on their collective asses and allowed the shooter to continue with the slaughter when they should have entered the building and stopped it.
I agree that the police response in Uvalde probably made it worse. But there is still truth to the argument that gun capacity leads to higher numbers of casualties. For eg., look at Vegas. Was it 52 people that we killed? They got to him as quickly as possible.

I give CNN props for this interview. This Arredondo joker isn't wanting to answer any questions.

I agree that the police response in Uvalde probably made it worse. But there is still truth to the argument that gun capacity leads to higher numbers of casualties. For eg., look at Vegas. Was it 52 people that we killed? They got to him as quickly as possible.
What I'm about to say is going to sound ridiculous to you. I acknowledge that.
Ready?

Thr leading cause of school shooting DEATHS is---- birth. If these kids weren't born, they wouldn't have been murdered.

Now-- what I said is 100% true-- if they were never born, they'd have never died. 100% factual statement.
YES--- it sounds stupid.

But when you say to me that magazine capacity in guns can lead to more casualties-- I agree. It can. But your argument sounds "silly" to me just as I'm sure my example sounded "silly" to you.

Why?

Well, because of human nature-- something, like birth, that simply can not be avoided. We have 300,000 years of caveman in us that is not changing anytime soon.

"What are you babbling about Clob?"

The number of bullets the gun holds doesn't matter.
The desire to kill does. Give me some fertilizer and diesel and I'll show you how to dwarf the 22 casualty mark.
Look at Oklahoma City.
The largest school casualty event in US history (Michigan) was done with dynamite.

Just this past Feb during the Afghan airport cluster fvck, a suicide bomber blew himself up killing 13 US Marines and--- wait for it-- 170 Afghan civilians.

13 + 170 = 183

183 >>>> 22

So please, I get it-- what you said IS true. But at the end of the day-- killers gonna kill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT