ADVERTISEMENT

WELL, It's officially RRS week

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
OU appears to be progressing as the season has gone on while Texas is still finding their identities.
As with any rivalry, the records can go out the window. Case McCoy beating OU a couple of years ago is a constant reminder.

I think that OU should be more than up for the challenge this year and I am predicting a win.

I fully expect to hear LonghornCrazy proclaim many times this week that Enabler U is going down for the 5th week in a row and that BLH and some of the others will be here pimping that Bedford/Strong defense all the while claiming the Sooners D is trash:)

Let the trash talk begin boys:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SoonersR4Real
For the first time since 1983, I don't care and won't watch it. I love my Horns but I can't watch them get destroyed again. I am with them in spirit, but just like today, I will be spending my Saturday with my family.

same here, I am glad it is a 11 am game. I will catch it updates on my phone but I am not dedicating half my day to this shit show.

For the first time since 1983, I don't care and won't watch it. I love my Horns but I can't watch them get destroyed again. I am with them in spirit, but just like today, I will be spending my Saturday with my family.
Like I said above I would have bet you a grand that OU was going to destroy Case but it didn't happen. It appears Texas may employ 2 qb's? maybe and who knows that may cause problems? You never know

I'm mad as hell at the state of Texas football. I will watch the game, fully expecting to see Texas make history (again).

Like I said above I would have bet you a grand that OU was going to destroy Case but it didn't happen. It appears Texas may employ 2 qb's? maybe and who knows that may cause problems? You never know

yea, it will cause problems...for us...these guys are confused enough :)

I remember a downtrodden John Blake led OU team coming win-less into the cotton bowl many years ago. That team was a 22 point underdog, but for this one game, they put it together to get the upset win. I'll never forget how after time expired Blake was blubbering like a baby. It was a little unsettling.. lol..

My point is that you can throw the records right out the window on the 2nd Saturday in October. Anything can happen. I would never, ever, take the favorite and lay a bunch of points for a RRR game. You guys don't want to hear it right now, but you have a good chance to win this week.

Here's to an injury free game. Your season is already on the ropes. I hope the Sooners land the knock out punch. A really, really, hard knock out punch. :)

Oldhorn2, I can't wait to hear that old favorite "Boomer Sooner" emanating from you about 3:00 PM next Saturday. I hope it gives you a sore throat that only a single malt can cure.

Hell Yes, Texas Sux!

Reactions: oldhorn2
I haven't recovered from this morning's loss. But, WTH. Bring it on, F'ers. Please don't bring your band as I am already dreading that horrid fight song. BTW, Fizz, it is 9:25 in the glorious region of mountainous far West Texas and ou still sucks:)

OU appears to be progressing as the season has gone on while Texas is still finding their identities.
As with any rivalry, the records can go out the window. Case McCoy beating OU a couple of years ago is a constant reminder.

I think that OU should be more than up for the challenge this year and I am predicting a win.

I fully expect to hear LonghornCrazy proclaim many times this week that Enabler U is going down for the 5th week in a row and that BLH and some of the others will be here pimping that Bedford/Strong defense all the while claiming the Sooners D is trash:)

Let the trash talk begin boys:)
After thinking about it, I'm not sure this is all Charlie's fault. I think many of the players are just soft and uncommitted. You have a guy on social media at half time wanting to transfer??? Kinda reminds me of some of the early 2000 horn teams that we put 60+ on.

I'd liked to say I have the emotion for this week, but I don't. We looked unprepared and uncommitted. I've given Charlie a large leeway because of the crap Mack left. But this was a disgrace. We missed field goals , overhiked the football, had DEs covering speedy WRs. Vance Bedford looked lost. A player at halftime re-tweeting crap after he cluelessly kept running the ball out of the endzone. The Cal & Okie St losses were painful--this was devastating. OU by 70. Strong is a joke. Team meetings are a Joke. Boyd is a buffon. If they don't kick him off the team we are fools.

Some of the current coaches appear to be overwhelmed. They need to get it together & prove their value, starting NOW. Otherwise, they should be dismissed (like the Texas players last year) & replaced at the end of the season.

All of the players & coaches must believe & "buy in" to the Texas football program. I'm not seeing that right now.

Reactions: CFB09
1. ) this is a classic 'trap game' for OU. Texas has everything to play for and, a victory over OU, would steady the program for the 2nd half of the season when the schedule lightens considerably. OU will probably be overconfident and fall behind early. I expect a tight, tense, 4 Q game that will be in doubt till the end.....EITHER team could win this game .........

1. ) this is a classic 'trap game' for OU. Texas has everything to play for and, a victory over OU, would steady the program for the 2nd half of the season when the schedule lightens considerably. OU will probably be overconfident and fall behind early. I expect a tight, tense, 4 Q game that will be in doubt till the end.....EITHER team could win this game .........
baahaaaahaaaaa....good one

Believe it or not, I don't find a lot false with this post.
If we come in thinking Texas is already beaten and we just need to go through the motions, then this game could have an ending similar to the one that left my mouth open in awe at the end.... The 2013 derp debacle.

No NWBoomer, there will not be any surprises in this years game. It will be another blowout. Our players and coaches have already mentally lost the game before it begins. I'm not saying we should have won a championship this year but we have more than enough raw talent to compete with anyone and it's unfortunate that our staff couldn't put a competitive product together that's worth watching.

I'm still a fan & supporter of Longhorn football and always will be, but I will not be tuning in to watch another half coached, half-hearted team play to keep it close rather than playing to win. We have Kansas circled on the calendar as our best chance to get another W. And right now, even that's no gimme.

I'm prepping my anus! Texas will get destroyed on Saturday. Bob senses the blood in the water and there is about to be a feeding frenzy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
I'm prepping my anus! Texas will get destroyed on Saturday. Bob senses the blood in the water and there is about to be a feeding frenzy!
Watch out. Stoops is crazy like a fox.

I say he let's us stay in the game in the first three quarters to help unite and rekindle the hope of our punch drinking, sunshine pumping fans, only to dash their hopes in the 4th quarter.

Punch drinkers rally behind charlie chanting "3 more years ! 3 more years!"

Bob stoops rides off into the night knowing he's got texas and strong's number for 3 more years.

Of course anything can happen in this game...we've all seen it, but this one may get out of hand.

Hoping the Horns out gain Enabler U. 2 to 1 again this year while eliminating all of the TO's. We have a shot against a team that has beaten no one.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
If I was Texas I have my receivers run double moves all game long and hope to get Sanchez et al to bite. No. 13 Thomas, one of our safeties is not real good in coverage and will bite up on double moves frequently. The zone read may have some success too.

Speechless...

I'll say this for LC, he has some nut's to still post here after his constant and monumential FAIL posts. Keep it up big guy. You are better than the Iraqi Press agent.

No NWBoomer, there will not be any surprises in this years game. It will be another blowout. Our players and coaches have already mentally lost the game before it begins. I'm not saying we should have won a championship this year but we have more than enough raw talent to compete with anyone and it's unfortunate that our staff couldn't put a competitive product together that's worth watching.

I'm still a fan & supporter of Longhorn football and always will be, but I will not be tuning in to watch another half coached, half-hearted team play to keep it close rather than playing to win. We have Kansas circled on the calendar as our best chance to get another W. And right now, even that's no gimme.

Understand your frustration man. And you could be correct. But your 4th sentence says all I need to know. After 2013 I am not ever again counting you guys out.

That is why it's the greatest rivalry in college football. Intuition tells me you will lose. But you will lose by 40+ or 3 points. In all honesty, I expect a dog fight, these kids on your team have their backs to the wall. That is the most dangerous position your opponent can be in.

Mayfield said it best in his interview about next week's game. You can't take anything away from either team on this day. OU has to be prepared for a "wounded beast" type atmosphere in the Cotton Bowl on Saturday. The worst thing that can happen is for UT players to walk out and see half the stadium empty. The fans have to come out swinging with the team. We lived through the Blake years....

The final score will be what the ou coaching staff says it will be.....If we are within 3 tds in the middle of the 3rd quarter I will be shocked...first time something goes wrong for Texas they will quit....sad but true.

ou still sucks though.

If I was Texas I have my receivers run double moves all game long and hope to get Sanchez et al to bite. No. 13 Thomas, one of our safeties is not real good in coverage and will bite up on double moves frequently. The zone read may have some success too.

I believe we will have alot of success running the zone read only if we run Foreman along with the sprint draw. With Gray the chance is zero. So damn frustrating that he continues to get the majority of the snaps when IMO he one of the worst RB in CF.

There is no doubt the Horns can run right at OU with Foreman and expect Heard to run wild.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT