ADVERTISEMENT

WELL, It's officially RRS week

I believe we will have alot of success running the zone read only if we run Foreman along with the sprint draw. With Gray the chance is zero. So damn frustrating that he continues to get the majority of the snaps when IMO he one of the worst RB in CF.

There is no doubt the Horns can run right at OU with Foreman and expect Heard to run wild.
I don't know LC the OU run defense has been pretty good so far. OU is ranked 44th against the run and TCU was ranked 85. Just for reference Texas is ranked 116th.

OU is ranked 30th in pass defense and Texas is ranked 122nd.

OU is ranked 28th in Total Defense and Texas is ranked 135th.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoonersR4Real
If John Blake could get his first coaching victory in the Cotton Bowl and Case McCoy could help beat us two years ago, anything can happen in a big rivalry game like this.
That said, I feel somewhat favorable about OUr chances in the game this season.

Unfortunately hope isn't a good strategy, but it's really our only chance. This team is not buying what Strong is selling. The first sign of adversity and they are already packing it in. I don't want to hear this they are just young mess, as we know have evidence that the freshmen class is already fracturing.

I don't know LC the OU run defense has been pretty good so far. OU is ranked 44th against the run and TCU was ranked 85. Just for reference Texas is ranked 116th.

OU is ranked 30th in pass defense and Texas is ranked 122nd.

OU is ranked 28th in Total Defense and Texas is ranked 135th.

Don't know where you get your stats.

OU is 53rd in TD
67th in RD
51st in PD

Average defense at best.

Hell, the Horns would be 4-0 right now with OU's schedule.

A terrible Akron team had a 100 total yards against Pittsburg.
A bad Tennessee bunch gave up 550 passing yards to Bowling Green.
The always tough Golden Tornadoes that just got drilled by Houston.
WVU that struggled with Liberty and best win was against freaking Maryland.

The good news for the Horns is they will
quickly realize OU is way below the teams we have already faced. A one trick pony with the passing game and that's it.

I'm already waiving the white flag. This will be ugly, as will the WV, Tech and Baylor games. Texas is a dumpster fire.

OU is 53rd in TD
67th in RD
51st in PD

Average defense at best.

quickly realize OU is way below the teams we have already faced. A one trick pony with the passing game and that's it.
Huh? I got my ranking http://espn.go.com/college-football/statisticsresults right here on the ESPN link. Are they not up to date?

OU is 53rd in TD
67th in RD
51st in PD

Average defense at best.

Where are you getting your rankings from?

LC,
The Longhorns would be 4-0 playing at Tennessee, against a minor bowl team like Tulsa, and against WVU, when they barely managed to survive Rice? Really?
Hope springs eternal and we can each have our dreams of victory for Saturday.
One of our teams will be victorious and the other will not. I feel comfortable waiting to see how the game will end next Saturday, and then we can each see whether our "assessments" have been accurate.
That should be interesting.

For the first time since I foolishly let state pride override common sense in the national championship game vs. USC, I will be pulling for the Longhorns this week. Please play the young guys Charlie (Hill & Boyd & Foreman the RB). Hookem????? I will pull for you vs. Briles as well. Hate bob and art.

You know it's bad when your arch rivals are coming into a chat board and offering you condolences and encouragement.

Let that sink in.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Under Mackovich. That ought to narrow it down for you ;)

Under Mackovich. That ought to narrow it down for you ;)
My freshman year was his last.

"We won the (Big 12) championship and everybody lived with that. They'll just have to live with this, too." -- Mackovic after losing 66-3.

You must feel like we have Mac2.0

Last edited:
10624697_355119498025148_1398077341183552315_n_zps16b07bc1.jpg

Hook'em

Call me crazy if you want but I'm thinking very close game..27-24 OU.

With nearly six decades of experience behind me, I have seen too many crazy things happen to believe this game is a "gimme". If someone could guarantee me a 27-24 Sooner victory but would forfeit a chance for a huge victory, I would accept that right now rather than hope of a blowOUt (such a 63-14, for instance). Scoring fifty against UT is great, but all I really want from Saturday is a "W"!

Reactions: puggie
The competitor in me wants to believe that we are a severely wounded animal, literally fighting for our survival. I've been in enough scrapes in my life to know that should make us a very dangerous foe. With all that's riding on this game for us, and the fact that OU may, just MAY be looking down the road toward Baylor and purple baylor, we might have a puncher's chance.

We whipped em all over the field last year and they won the game handily. Maybe they will whip us all over the field this year and we can win. What I have always respected about Stoops is that he knows how to put his foot on the throat of the vanquished and press down. I expect the same this year if we don't have the heart to make him quit.

OU can win by 100 and they will still suck!

Reactions: swVAHorn
With everything that is happening with Texas right now I will be shocked if we keep it close.....but hell I have been shocked before!

And like Oldhorn said ou can win and they still would suck......they are the suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT