ADVERTISEMENT

WELL, It's officially RRS week

So Texas is 5-2 when they come into this game unranked and OU is ranked top 10?

If by chance on Saturday, Stoops is in a position to run up the score I don't think he'll do it to Strong. There seems to be mutual respect between them and with blood in the water I don't think Stoops would want to help cost someone their job. It may be the Spurrier/Florida connection that Stoops respects.

If by chance on Saturday, Stoops is in a position to run up the score I don't think he'll do it to Strong. There seems to be mutual respect between them and with blood in the water I don't think Stoops would want to help cost someone their job. It may be the Spurrier/Florida connection that Stoops respects.
I had already noticed this common ground they are on due to many previous interactions, but what Stoops said yesterday makes me agree with you unless, Texas absolutely cannot stop them. Whats worse, Pour it on cause you can or MERCY?!?!?!

While the over 731,652 Texas mobile homes continue to rust away. Only Florida has more.
mobile homes per capita
FL .0427
OK .0418
TX .0271
Features%20-%20Noodling%201.jpg

Hook 'em

Reactions: Scholz
Where are you getting your rankings from?

The rankings you provided are correct. And there is no question that OU defensively nationally ranks in the middle of the pack ranking #53 in scoring defense and Texas #113, #67 in rushing defense and Texas #108, #51 in passing yardage allowed and Texas #118, #55 in 3rd down defense and Texas #122, #53 in total defense and Texas #119 and #13 in sacks and Texas #101. Obviously Texas ranks at the bottom of the pack defensively in all categories.

On the other side of the ball the comparative discrepancies are even greater as OU has one of he top offensives in the country. OU ranks #10 in offensive scoring and Texas #93, rushing offense #83 and Texas #113, in passing offense #10 and Texas #106 in total offense #12 and Texas #110, 3rd down offense #77 and Texas #118 and sack allowed #90 and Texas #120. The numbers show Texas' offense is equally as bad as their offense.

It appear that OU should win unless they choose to lose. In rival games frequently it is mistakes that determine the winner not great plays. The horns do not have the offense to out score the OU offense nor do they have the defense to contain the OU offense as well as does OU to contain the Texas defense. That being said, a few key turnovers and a few busted coverages and the horns could come out on top.

I have seen about 55 RRS and I am certain the best team has lost at least 15 of those games. Rarely does the inferior team simply out play the better team rather they just do an excellent job of taking advantage of the opportunities provided by the better team.

I am always nervous the second weekend in October. Damn nervous. This the RRS and there is no way that OSU has become our rival replacing Texas as Berry Tramel stated in his article in the Oklahoman.

Reactions: Belldozer1
The rankings you provided are correct. And there is no question that OU defensively nationally ranks in the middle of the pack ranking #53 in scoring defense and Texas #113, #67 in rushing defense and Texas #108, #51 in passing yardage allowed and Texas #118, #55 in 3rd down defense and Texas #122, #53 in total defense and Texas #119 and #13 in sacks and Texas #101. Obviously Texas ranks at the bottom of the pack defensively in all categories.

On the other side of the ball the comparative discrepancies are even greater as OU has one of he top offensives in the country. OU ranks #10 in offensive scoring and Texas #93, rushing offense #83 and Texas #113, in passing offense #10 and Texas #106 in total offense #12 and Texas #110, 3rd down offense #77 and Texas #118 and sack allowed #90 and Texas #120. The numbers show Texas' offense is equally as bad as their offense.

It appear that OU should win unless they choose to lose. In rival games frequently it is mistakes that determine the winner not great plays. The horns do not have the offense to out score the OU offense nor do they have the defense to contain the OU offense as well as does OU to contain the Texas defense. That being said, a few key turnovers and a few busted coverages and the horns could come out on top.

I have seen about 55 RRS and I am certain the best team has lost at least 15 of those games. Rarely does the inferior team simply out play the better team rather they just do an excellent job of taking advantage of the opportunities provided by the better team.

I am always nervous the second weekend in October. Damn nervous. This the RRS and there is no way that OSU has become our rival replacing Texas as Berry Tramel stated in his article in the Oklahoman.

Thanks I should have known Longhorn Crazy was giving me false info on stats;)

I'm already waiving the white flag. This will be ugly, as will the WV, Tech and Baylor games. Texas is a dumpster fire.

DON"T WAVE ANYTHING YET!

Being an Oklahoma fan, I'll say this.....but first let me say that OU had no business winning last year. Without a KO ret TD and an INT for TD, it's a Sooner loss. Last year I was highly impressed by you guy's defense.....the offense is another story. This year both are sketchy and there have been some special teams blunders. I don't expect those blunders against OU and I expect UT's D to play better that they have until now........

....now back to what I was originally going to say. Most of the fans on the OU boards give UT absolutely no chance. I don't believe that for a moment. Some examples:

1995 - yeah I know it was a tie, but UT still kicked OU's butt up and down the field.
1996 - probably don't have to explain this one
2000 - at the time this game was a tossup. No way in Hades was Oklahoma 49 points better than that team.
2002 - Quentin Griffin....Texas threw that game away.
2003 - Turnovers and lack of discipline
2011 - Turnovers
2012 - Turnovers and whole lot of other crap
2014 - UT outgained, out first downed OU if my memory serves, but the returns were costly.
These games we should have lost or the score was lopsided and not near indicative of UT's talent. In some, Texas was just the better team....just not on that day....next example: 2013.

Most of our fanbase isn't even talking about Texas as the game this week. Most of them are talking how OU belongs on the field with neither Baylor or TCU. Unbelievable...OU fans being scared Sh!tless of Baylor? Our players may be the same way.

Obviously, I hope OU comes out on top....but despite all the bad karma this year, I expect the Horns to show up and compete..

The absolute worst enemy of a football team, is overconfidence.

If the Horns win the TO battle, I think we win. WVU would have beaten OU if not for 5 TO's.

Yeah...if OU hadn't forced WVU into fumbling the ball and forced then into making passes under pressure...which lead to "takeaways"....then yeah, WVU would've had a better shot to win. It's called the game of football. This may be new information for you, but in football the defense is actually TRYING to take possession away from the opposing offense. Doing so helps to prevent the other team from scoring TD's and FG's, which in turn allows your team a better chance to win the game.

Yeah...if OU hadn't forced WVU into fumbling the ball and forced then into making passes under pressure...which lead to "takeaways"....then yeah, WVU would've had a better shot to win. It's called the game of football. This may be new information for you, but in football the defense is actually TRYING to take possession away from the opposing offense. Doing so helps to prevent the other team from scoring TD's and FG's, which in turn allows your team a better chance to win the game.
No shit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT