ADVERTISEMENT

What happened with your football program?

Do you think maybe, that if CS is canned while trying to turn the program around in his second year that it might impact chances for hiring an elite coach ? Seems that unless you give the guy the customary 3 years that you are shooting your program in the foot.

and, Go Cats !! and, Hook 'em for the wife !

I see no chance it how if we fire Strong after a second season it impacts the next coach. There is too much publicity into the issues at Texas. The view from most coaches is Strong has lost control of the team, I think they would be surprised if Texas gives him a 3rd year.

How in the hell the AD got away with only interviewing two guys for "The best coaching job in America" seems shortsighted at best. One would think elite coaches would be frothing at the mouth for the opportunity to coach there. Who knows if round 2 would be any better.

The AD was a new hire and most people were worried about speed more than who he would hire. Remember we were tossing names like Saban and Harbaugh. Saban was mostly talking to the BMDs and he backed out, the AD had his own agenda, and #1 was he wanted only a coach that was currently in the college game.

I will say this again, Charlie Strong was qualified, his resume was excellent, he had everything we wanted in a coach to fix the issues that faced this program. Back then our issues were discipline and entitlement within the athletic department. Strong came in and cleaned house and fixed those things. His #1 sin is lack of improvement on the field. His #2 sin is losing control of his players.

Dude, that kid wouldn't do anything more for us behind this OL than what we have. Stop talking out of your ass...
It was a real question and I think you are underestimating his passing ability...but based on your reasoning forget recruiting quarterbacks...just go wildcat.

What more could Texas want than an Urban Meyer protégé as well as a guy who built a national power at a third tier school = 's your guy Charlie Strong. You say Texas is the best job in the Country, yet one of that small, elite group could not be hired. I say, leave the guy alone and he will build Texas back to its' glory days (I hope !).

Wishing Texas the best.

and, Go Cats !! and, Hook 'em for the wife !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT