ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Better buy this kid's stock while there's still some left!

Yes, if you had to buy it, it would mean a lot of what you believe is flawed. I guess that can't happen, even when evidence is staring you in the face. ;)

The thing is, I believe Bohls is a go-to-source for CDC and vice versa. CDC loves the Statesman guys and they love him. Bohls never writes that piece without permission from CDC. Hell, CDC is even quoted in it... of course... denying much of what was written.

Ask yourself this... does Bohls write that article without one of his No.1 sources signing off on it? Is that how you think the game in this industry is played?
Sure it's "staring me in the face" but as I said there is a mountain of other evidence from people very close to the situation that greatly overshadows it. You "believe" Bohls is a mouthpiece for CDC, and I'm sure you have yoir reasons. Maybe this was the one moment that Del Conte blinked during that bleak season, but based on everything else I've seen was told in real time during that year it's far more likely that he had little to do with that article.

Ok, fair enough... I was just using the same word you did.
What do you think are the three biggest successes and failures of CDC's on field resume at Texas?

Clearly, he gets an A+++ from a fundraising standpoint.

What do you think are the three biggest successes and failures of CDC's on field resume at Texas?

Clearly, he gets an A+++ from a fundraising standpoint.
I am not exactly sure what you are asking when you say on field resume.

As an AD, I feel his biggest successes (besides fundraising as you point out) are the improvements in football game day atmosphere, hiring Chris Beard, and hiring Mike White / Vic Schafer. I think his biggest failures were lack of ownership during the Eyes of Texas, hiring Rodney Terry as the full time coach, and hiring David Pierce.

Almost all of these things (both successes and failures) are not fully his responsibility, as it takes good alignment between himself, Hartzell, and Eltife to be successful. But those I understand were all mostly driven by Del Conte.

I almost listed the navigation of the tricky facilities situations around both the Moody Center and the new Indoor Practice Facility, but I understand that Hartzell was the most influential person in those instances, although again all three were heavily involved.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking when you say on field resume.

As an AD, I feel his biggest successes (besides fundraising as you point out) are the improvements in football game day atmosphere, hiring Chris Beard, and hiring Mike White / Vic Schafer. I think his biggest failures were lack of ownership during the Eyes of Texas, hiring Rodney Terry as the full time coach, and hiring David Pierce.

Almost all of these things (both successes and failures) are not fully his responsibility, as it takes good alignment between himself, Hartzell, and Eltife to be successful. But those I understand were all mostly driven by Del Conte.

I almost listed the navigation of the tricky facilities situations around both the Moody Center and the new Indoor Practice Facility, but I understand that Hartzell was the most influential person in those instances, although again all three were heavily involved.
I actually agree with almost all of this, so I'm glad I asked.

You're willing to give CDC credit for Sark to an extent, but not so much credit that it makes his top three.

Fair enough.

Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT