ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Better buy this kid's stock while there's still some left!

CDC has proven the ability to hire top head coaching names in many sports - WBB w/ Vic, Track and Field with flow, Rowing, Beach Volleyball, softball and I think Sark in Football as well. He did it in Basketball too with Beard. I suspect he can do the same in baseball when the time comes.

Liverpool vs Man City is kinda big. Sunday March 10th.... Go Reds....

Weren't they already taking on water?
made it out of a CL group of Inter and Barca with max points and a goal differential of +16. Beat PSG 3-0 (agg) in the rd of 16. Was a pt off Dortmund in the Bundesliga.

CDC has proven the ability to hire top head coaching names in many sports - WBB w/ Vic, Track and Field with flow, Rowing, Beach Volleyball, softball and I think Sark in Football as well. He did it in Basketball too with Beard. I suspect he can do the same in baseball when the time comes.

Liverpool vs Man City is kinda big. Sunday March 10th.... Go Reds....
a. Can't really give CDC credit for Sark. He was literally trying to get the world out last year that Dykes was the guy he wanted.

b. Yes, it is. Biggest Premier League home game under Klopp.... ever.

Reactions: orange_oso_fu
made it out of a CL group of Inter and Barca with max points and a goal differential of +16. Beat PSG 3-0 (agg) in the rd of 16. Was a pt off Dortmund in the Bundesliga.

Blown out in the quarters of the CL last year and only won the league because Dortmond vomited all over their feet.

I feel like Michael McDonald sang backing vocals on every soft rock song in the 70s lol
“Soft rock”?!? I wouldn’t call anything McDonald did in the 70s that. Now, what he did in the 80s after leaving the Doobie Brothers…yeah, that was “soft rock”.

Are you saying he has to be the best QB in the game or the best player period? Because if the latter, that's a real hard comparison to make when you compare a QB vs an OL or a DB vs a RB. Especially when you have a roster stacked with talent like Texas currently does.
I was referring to best player in a given game but the idea is that if you are the best player in enough games, you would be viewed as the best player period. It's not really that difficult a comparison. The teams that VY played on were certainly stacked too, but in his final year, there was never any question about who was the best player. Realistically, Quinn might not have been in the top 5 for Texas last year (Sweat, Murphy, Worthy, Banks, Brooks and possibly Mitchell likely would have been ranked higher as players).

a. Can't really give CDC credit for Sark. He was literally trying to get the world out last year that Dykes was the guy he wanted.
That is a stretch at best. Eltife and Hartzell and CDC all were interested in Dykes, but Sark did such an impressive job during his interview that he was the clear choice of all three. The triumvirate were always on the same page when it came to moving on from Herman and hiring his replacement, as well as moving to the SEC.

Reactions: boernefan
“Soft rock”?!? I wouldn’t call anything McDonald did in the 70s that. Now, what he did in the 80s after leaving the Doobie Brothers…yeah, that was “soft rock”.

You might want to look at his career again with the Doobie Brothers and his work as a session’s artist during that time.

@Perdy When you get a chance, can you post the negative comments. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.
"It's hard not to wonder if Quinn Ewers did enough at quarterback last season when you consider that he was playing with the two fastest and arguably athletic wide receivers in school history."

You don't remember saying this?

He meant Yacht rock.

That is a stretch at best. Eltife and Hartzell and CDC all were interested in Dykes, but Sark did such an impressive job during his interview that he was the clear choice of all three. The triumvirate were always on the same page when it came to moving on from Herman and hiring his replacement, as well as moving to the SEC.
Tell me about the vote of confidence letter than Eltife had revised multiple times.

CDC was told what to do. Let's just be honest about it.

"It's hard not to wonder if Quinn Ewers did enough at quarterback last season when you consider that he was playing with the two fastest and arguably athletic wide receivers in school history."

You don't remember saying this?
That's negative?

Are fair questions not allowed any more?

The truth is that Quinn was very good last season as a player, but he's the former No.1 overall prospect, who was only very good with one of the best (if not the best) supporting casts from a skill player standpoint in school history. It's simply not a negative thought to ask if Texas got enough out of those players, unless things that are reasonable discussions/questions are negative by definition if it's anything other than sunshine pumping.

You want me to just be a cheerleader that only pumps sunshine. It's what you want and probably expect.

You've like being pandered to it seems.

Personally, I don't appreciate the suggestion that I have it out for Ewers, going back to high school. It's quite ironic that you're charging me with negativity while slandering me with it.

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
Villeneuve set the bar high. Quite honestly the only reservation I had was Walken (who I love!) as Emperor.

That's negative?

The truth is that Quinn was very good last season as a player, but he's the former No.1 overall prospect, who was only very good with one of the best (if not the best) supporting casts from a skill player standpoint in school history. It's simply not a negative thought to ask if Texas got enough out of those players, unless things that are reasonable discussions/questions are negative by definition if it's anything other than sunshine pumping.

You want me to just be a cheerleader that only pumps sunshine. It's what you want and probably expect.

Personally, I don't appreciate the suggestion that I have it out for Ewers, going back to high school. It's quite ironic that you're charging me with negativity while slandering me with it.
Is your rant over?

Your comment was negative. Why pretend otherwise? I'm also not the guy who said that you look for ways to validate your earlier criticism of Ewers. I just agreed with the poster who did. I don't see you lecturing him. And surly you are aware that he and I are not the only people in here who think this way.

Last edited:
Is your rant over?

Your comment was negative. I'm also not the guy who said that you look for ways to validate your earlier criticism of Ewers. I just agreed with him. I don't see you lecturing him. And he and I are not the only people in here who think this way.

I don't doubt that you and him aren't the only ones that thing. People thing incorrect stupid stuff all the time. Our country is currently defined by people constantly claiming lies to be the truth.

For the record, what star ranking did I put on Ewers coming out of HS?

The truth of the matter is that no person in the industry has been more right about Ewers over the years than I have been. I called out the areas of his game that he struggled with when everyone else was calling him perfect as a prospect, and I have been proven to be exactly right.

Yet, instead of giving me credit for being correct, you call me negative without adding any context to the comments. You don't dispute the notion that you are incorrect, you just don't appear to have any independent thought about the matter and merely point to others when called out on it.

Again, what star ranking did I give Ewers coming out of HS?

I don't doubt that you and him aren't the only ones that thing. People thing incorrect stupid stuff all the time. Our country is currently defined by people constantly claiming lies to be the truth.

For the record, what star ranking did I put on Ewers coming out of HS?

The truth of the matter is that no person in the industry has been more right about Ewers over the years than I have. I called out the areas of his game that he struggled with when everyone else was calling him perfect as a prospect, and I have been proven to be exactly right.

Yet, instead of giving me credit for being correct, you call me negative without adding any context to the combine. You dispute the notion that you are incorrect, you just don't appear to have any independent thought about the matter and merely point to others when called out on it.

Again, what star ranking did I give Ewers coming out of HS?
Get it all out Ketch so that we can be done with this. I do hope that it makes you feel better. This seems to matter to you way more than it does to me.

That's negative?

The statement was not negative in of itself. I am sure that thought crossed most of our minds.
It was just posted initially in a thread praising our wide receivers.

Get it all out Ketch so that we can be done with this. I do hope that it makes you feel better. This seems to matter to you way more than it does to me.
You didn't answer the question.

Why are you being so negative?

Tell me about the vote of confidence letter than Eltife had revised multiple times.

CDC was told what to do. Let's just be honest about it.
The one that CDC didn't want to put out in the first place? The one that I said on this board beforehand was coming and would be a nothing burger? The one that the mods on here were surprised at, then drug CDC over the coals over because it didnt give a clear answer regarding Herman's future (even though it was clear the decision had already been made)? I narrated those events in real time.

The statement was not negative in of itself. I am sure that thought crossed most of our minds.
It was just posted initially in a thread praising our wide receivers.
It was posted in a thread with about 1,000 different thoughts and about 100 different side conversations.

The one that CDC didn't want to put out in the first place? The one that I said on this board beforehand was coming and would be a nothing burger? The one that the mods on here were surprised at, then drug CDC over the coals over because it didnt give a clear answer regarding Herman's future (even though it was clear the decision had already been made)? I narrated those events in real time.
lol.

How many revisions where there and why?

You don't know as much as you sometimes think you know. Of course, that's true of all of us. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT