ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm out of benefit of the doubt)

I'll take the under.
I'm surprised - i mean there's four-five in the secondary (counting cook) and Overshown, - plus Brewer, Imade, and Kerstetter - I can't imagine that Brockermeyer starts next year, and I'd expect at least another lineman to fall out of the starting rotation... not sure about graduating seniors on the d-line but Coburn might try his luck at the NFL ... but that's 10+ without even digging too deep.

What are your thoughts on the bizarre bad luck we've had with LT QBs. We sign easily the two highest rated from that school and both crash and burn. Granted, maybe there's still time for Card to turn it around. But the point remains the same right now. Meanwhile, no offer Mayfield becomes a CFB legend and Todd Reesing leads KANSAS to an Orange Bowl win. Any suspicion that entitlement is an issue?

I don't know how to explain it. I wish I had a good answer instead of this bad one.

Reactions: RLong68
Agreed but the end goal is still the same. And these guys carrying their feels on their shoulders and this “poor pitiful me” attitude is never going to win any games and it’s not going to win in life! This is exactly why they buckle under pressure, because they simply can’t handle it and they want to feel sorry for themselves. Look at the former players. Look at what they’re saying. They know.
During a break on Texas Gameday on Saturday, Fozzy and Griffin were both laughing, praising, and taking selfies with guy wearing a shirt that promoted Bo Davis’s rant. You think that’s a coincidence? Those are the guys I respect. They know what it takes to be successful.
It’s time to take the gloves off and burn it down. You can’t just plug and play a coach and expect it to work.
I don't know that this is a fair way of looking at the locker room, but when you no-show in the first half against Kansas, you're not going to get much consideration.

@Ketchum you missed a couple of Bruno songs

Billionaire is technically a Travie McCoy song but Bruno owns it and plays it at his concerts.

Just the Way You Are has been played at a couple of weddings and looking at the girls on the dance floor you could see that is a major panty dropper.
Billionaire didn't make my top 15. JMO.

Just the way you are would make most top 10 lists. It was probably No.11 or No.12 for me.

Reactions: LJ01
@Ketchum give us the following odds and percentages please…

Sark remains as HC coach heading into the SEC
PK remains as the DC in 2022
Thompson will be the starter in 2022
God, I'm not sure Vegas is taking action on any of that right now.

a. 65-35
b. I honestly don't know how to handicap this.
c. +150

Reactions: Eagle Fang
The psychology and dynamic sound believable. However, the personality and demeanor you described sounds more like a professor than a general.
Sark is still trying to find the right mix of laid back player's coach with asshole demander of excellence.

There’s definitely a stink on the program but it’s been that way for years. Is this the crest, one would hope. But I don’t buy in to the monkey gate BS. If the players want to win they will tune that out. Problem with Bo’s situation is it was Bo. Where’s “a” player to stand up and do this? Sark deserves the same shot as Strong and CTH. However, I believe he does need to look at the current approach. If it’s an upperclassmen issue then empty the bench and get your young guys some experience.
Maybe having actual captains instead of rotating it every week would help with this.

The Brockermeyer twins???

They need to stay in Alabama. They chose individual over team. We already have way too much of that here as it is. Isn't that what we are trying to avoid?

Why would I want someone who picked Alabama over Texas on my Texas team? Some of y'all still just do not get what is wrong with our current "team". They picked Bama over our team because they perceived it would be EASIER for them to succeed. SERIOUSLY, THINK ABOUT THAT.
Or they viewed one as a superior option and the other one a mess.

You literally couldn't draw up a more ideal player for a CBB program today than Drew Timme. Immensely bad ass player yet not a huge NBA prospect so very likely will get 4 VERY good years from him. I mean, jeezus, he's going to be an AA and maybe POY and still might not be seen as a slam dunk first round pick.

I'm surprised - i mean there's four-five in the secondary (counting cook) and Overshown, - plus Brewer, Imade, and Kerstetter - I can't imagine that Brockermeyer starts next year, and I'd expect at least another lineman to fall out of the starting rotation... not sure about graduating seniors on the d-line but Coburn might try his luck at the NFL ... but that's 10+ without even digging too deep.
Off the top of my head...

Thompson, Bijan, Xavier, Whittington, Angilua, Majors, Murphy and Collins make 8.

I'm not including Washington, who could be a starter as well or Christiasn JOnes (god help us) or Karic

You literally couldn't draw up a more ideal player for a CBB program today than Drew Timme. Immensely bad ass player yet not a huge NBA prospect so very likely will get 4 VERY good years from him. I mean, jeezus, he's going to be an AA and maybe POY and still might not be seen as a slam dunk first round pick.
yup

"6. All I can say about the Bo Davis thing is that there is a sense that the timing fell flat to some on that bus receiving the message, at least partially due to all of the things that had happened during the week. One family member told me this past week that the players love Bo, but they didn't want to hear from him or anyone else at that moment. "Not even Bo," this source said.

7. The locker room did not go nearly as wild about the Davis speech/video as the fan base did. It wasn't really a rallying cry ... that I know of. This was just a mentally worn out team going into the Kansas game. Maybe it was just a stressful week or maybe this is a year’s worth of stress coming to a head."

THIS IS WHY THIS TEAM IS A BUNCH OF PUSSIES AND WHY THEY HAVE A 5 GAME LOSING STREAK!! NOT THE COACHES!! DRAIN THE SWAMP!!

Reactions: DrHorn98
"6. All I can say about the Bo Davis thing is that there is a sense that the timing fell flat to some on that bus receiving the message, at least partially due to all of the things that had happened during the week. One family member told me this past week that the players love Bo, but they didn't want to hear from him or anyone else at that moment. "Not even Bo," this source said.

7. The locker room did not go nearly as wild about the Davis speech/video as the fan base did. It wasn't really a rallying cry ... that I know of. This was just a mentally worn out team going into the Kansas game. Maybe it was just a stressful week or maybe this is a year’s worth of stress coming to a head."

THIS IS WHY THIS TEAM IS A BUNCH OF PUSSIES AND WHY THEY HAVE A 5 GAME LOSING STREAK!! NOT THE COACHES!! DRAIN THE SWAMP!!
It's the responsibility of the staff to foster an atmosphere of buy-in and that's not really happening.

It's on everyone.

the coaches are definitely not without fault as they have grossly mismanaged this season. however, i would lay the bigger part of the blame for this disaster at the feet of the players. with the exception of a handful, they sound like the biggest collection of p*ssies to ever play football at UT. it's nauseating and i have lost a lot of respect for them.

Reactions: Baguette
I posted this earlier today in the Sunday Pulpit, but feel it needs to seen by a larger group to understand Sark.

To better understand Sark and how he is operating , you need to understand 12-Step Recovery. and much of that is not in line with what you and maybe the team fully understands.

Sark has humility which is rare in P5 college football, but is an essential part of the foundation for recovery. Unfortunately, often people see humility as weakness, which is not the case. I make up that many of the current UT players who see Sark that way will rue the day they did.

Humility means treating players as grown up adults and expecting them to do what they are suppose to do which is the 'next right thing'....and guess what?....a lot on this team have not done so; but it also means that Sark will in all likelihood not flinch in practicing tough love by cutting someone loose who is not doing what they need to do so that the released player may find his bottom.

The culture he is creating is a mature culture of accountability, honesty and community. It is also a culture that takes time to come together, but once it does, it is rock solid.

Sark might not make it in Austin; I truly hope he does; and his players will be better men for having played for him.
Friend of Bill W, are you? I am. To piggyback off your post----another vital & essential component/step in the recovery process is a "thorough & fearless moral inventory of one self" and later while working through the steps "continued to take personal inventory & when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

In other words, if Sark is truly working the program {and I have no reason to doubt he isn't} , he will continue to look at himself in the mirror, see what needs to be fixed, and God willing---FIX IT.

In this day of self-absorption, self seeking, whiners, victims, and cry-babies {I'm pretty sure I just described a big chunk of the Texas players, if not the country at large}, I think having these assets bode well for the future of not just Sark himself, but for the entire program.

Hook'em!

Reactions: Rockhornfan
the coaches are definitely not without fault as they have grossly mismanaged this season. however, i would lay the bigger part of the blame for this disaster at the feet of the players. with the exception of a handful, they sound like the biggest collection of p*ssies to ever play football at UT. it's nauseating and i have lost a lot of respect for them.
why? which element is the worst to you?

Off the top of my head...

Thompson, Bijan, Xavier, Whittington, Angilua, Majors, Murphy and Collins make 8.

I'm not including Washington, who could be a starter as well or Christiasn JOnes (god help us) or Karic

Ah - I was thinking Thompson as a senior would make the NFL jump - do we know that he was designated so that he could play as a super senior? I can't imagine Jones starts - or Karic - I legit only see Majors and Angilua starting next year from this group on the line. Barring some sort of breakout off season from Karic - Jones has to be gone IMO - he was sooo bad. Washington as a starter now though would juice the number if Thompson does leave.

BTW - those 8 starters probably start on any top 25 team - and most top 5 teams which is a good core to build a team around next year. Agree?

Sark is still trying to find the right mix of laid back player's coach with asshole demander of excellence.

Good grief. The university is just clueless when it comes to hiring football coaches. I would be curious what the vetting process looks like. Clearly nobody was aware he was 0 for whatever when losing at halftime.

Thank you for giving a nod to the Ladies versus Stanford. It was an incredible game. Especially poignant considering that the Cardinal had a scheduled ring ceremony after the game to receive their National Championship rings! Way to put a damper on their team, Vic! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Reactions: Horn19
It's the responsibility of the staff to foster an atmosphere of buy-in and that's not really happening.

It's on everyone.
Well I mean these players have been getting fostered into "buy in" threw multiple coaches now so I mean at some point you have to start looking at where the problem is. These coaches aren't the reason why they don't give effort or play up to their abilities or miss tackles, drop balls, miss blocks, can't cover, get off blocks, and my favorite flex or talk shit when your getting your ass kicked to a 1-8 team because if these players actually gave a shit about WINNING previous coaches would still be here! I mean if they are worried about how they are being treated or waiting for someone to cuddle them and say "everything is going to be all right" I feel sorry for them when they get out in the real world and someone tells them something harsh they don't like! As I said bunch of pussies and need to get rid of players who don't want to be here.

Maybe having actual captains instead of rotating it every week would help with this.
Agreed. The title of Captain is earned. I see several on the O that have earned that but do they want to be that voice? Defense is a little difficult. Outside of DeMarvion who can be that voice.

Ah - I was thinking Thompson as a senior would make the NFL jump - do we know that he was designated so that he could play as a super senior? I can't imagine Jones starts - or Karic - I legit only see Majors and Angilua starting next year from this group on the line. Barring some sort of breakout off season from Karic - Jones has to be gone IMO - he was sooo bad. Washington as a starter now though would juice the number if Thompson does leave.

BTW - those 8 starters probably start on any top 25 team - and most top 5 teams which is a good core to build a team around next year. Agree?
definitely agree.

Thompson won't even be a super senior next year. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining because 2019 didn't count.

Thank you for giving a nod to the Ladies versus Stanford. It was an incredible game. Especially poignant considering that the Cardinal had a scheduled ring ceremony after the game to receive their National Championship rings! Way to put a damper on their team, Vic! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼
Stanford is going to stop scheduling Vic. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: DrHorn98
Well I mean these players have been getting fostered into "buy in" threw multiple coaches now so I mean at some point you have to start looking at where the problem is. These coaches aren't the reason why they don't give effort or play up to their abilities or miss tackles, drop balls, miss blocks, can't cover, get off blocks, and my favorite flex or talk shit when your getting your ass kicked to a 1-8 team because if these players actually gave a shit about WINNING previous coaches would still be here! I mean if they are worried about how they are being treated or waiting for someone to cuddle them and say "everything is going to be all right" I feel sorry for them when they get out in the real world and someone tells them something harsh they don't like! As I said bunch of pussies and need to get rid of players who don't want to be here.

I'm not so sure about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT