ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm out of benefit of the doubt)

Agreed. The title of Captain is earned. I see several on the O that have earned that but do they want to be that voice? Defense is a little difficult. Outside of DeMarvion who can be that voice.

I don't know who is the heart and soul of this team, and that's a bit unusual.

definitely agree.

Thompson won't even be a super senior next year. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining because 2019 didn't count.

That's huge then - there's your leader on defense. I love Thompson - and i think he can be an Ed Reed type of guy. Dude is super emotional - in a good way. I hope he takes that chance and steps up.

That's huge then - there's your leader on defense. I love Thompson - and i think he can be an Ed Reed type of guy. Dude is super emotional - in a good way. I hope he takes that chance and steps up.
I'm thinking of the other Thompson. I didn't even include Jerrin in the group.

You got it all right, including don't be concerned about the Gonzaga game. They return their best players from a NC finals game last year, the key word being "return", in that they have been playing together for a long time. Most of our guys are still learning everyone's name. They will be much better. But not taller.
Gonzaga only returned 2 starters from last year and lost a lottery pick in Suggs and the 15th pick in Kispert.

The main problem is they could not match up with Timme.

I'm thinking of the other Thompson. I didn't even include Jerrin in the group.
So am I - when i said ed reed - i just meant the type of leader he can be - seems to have that same type of personality. Jerrin Thompson is going to be a step up though next year over either Foster and Schooler.

So am I - when i said ed reed - i just meant the type of leader he can be - seems to have that same type of personality. Jerrin Thompson is going to be a step up though next year over either Foster and Schooler.
Casey as a leader is not something that has materialized yet.

a. Yes.
b. I was told at least two had some sort of involvement, although I can't say I know the exact roles.
c. One of the two played on Saturday, so the involvement must have been minimal.
I’m pretty sure I know who the player is

Mel Tucker was 2-5 last year..
Saban lost 4 out of his last 5 games in his first year at Bama to finish 6-6 in the regular season.
Charlie Strong had a 6-6 regular season record in his first year. What's your point?

It was just a random thought because they didn't suit up for Alabama this weekend.
Tommy was actually listed on the depth chart as 3rd string. I have no idea if Bama went that far into their roster on Saturday, but if they did it makes you think something is brewing. I have no idea how many games he’s appeared in. If I’m James and not on the 3 deep already then I’d be evaluating Texas or other programs. So there must be more smoke to this than you’d think.

Why people don’t realize sark has to go now is beyond me. He’s the head coach. Not our coordinator. He’s supposed to be a program builder and has failed. Epically. Time to move on.
Guess the money to buy him out is a sticking point. If cash were no object, he would be gone 5 minutes after the last game.

Fire him now? Who do you think is ponying up the what 30 million plus another 10 million needed to accomplish that? Are you being serious? The year after we already ponied up some 20 million?

christ-almighty-its-like-iim-playing-cards-with-my-brothers-49106734.png

Reactions: bobarmstrong
Tommy was actually listed on the depth chart as 3rd string. I have no idea if Bama went that far into their roster on Saturday, but if they did it makes you think something is brewing. I have no idea how many games he’s appeared in. If I’m James and not on the 3 deep already then I’d be evaluating Texas or other programs. So there must be more smoke to this than you’d think.
He's been redshirting.

@Ketchum Help me understand how Baylor has rebuilt better than Texas twice since a devastating rape scandal. In that same vein, is there room for hope considering Aranda’s current state in Waco and his record last year? How did he get his team to buy in after last season, and is that a template for us to follow?

No way IMO.
After getting blown out by WVU this Saturday, NO ONE will want to go watch the puke that is being poured out on the field on November 26th.
I don't think you realize the level of apathy that has set in.
It is clear Sark isn't currently up to the task. It is also clear the roster is crap (outside some skill positions).
It has gone from not fun because we are mediocre to painful to watch because there is no hope.
I feel sorry for you that your wagon is hitched to this flaming pile.

After getting blown out by WVU this Saturday, NO ONE will want to go watch the puke that is being poured out on the field on November 26th.
I don't think you realize the level of apathy that has set in.
It is clear Sark isn't currently up to the task. It is also clear the roster is crap (outside some skill positions).
It has gone from not fun because we are mediocre to painful to watch because there is no hope.
I feel sorry for you that your wagon is hitched to this flaming pile.

I'm not sure the number has ever dipped below 80,000. Not even when Charlie was in town.

For sure, less than 40K is hyperbole, but it is going to be even worse than KU. Sh*t, at least KU was at night under absolutely gorgeous weather. KSU will be an 11a kickoff on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
THAT... I agree with.

"What should be done eventually, must be done immediately.... unless we just paid a huge buyout last year, then it must be done in a year or two."
- Anonymous AD at a prestigious university soon joining the SEC

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
The QB needs to have the type A personality and Moxie. I don’t see either in Casey or Card. Hopefully, Murphy brings these things to Texas. If not him, hopefully a transfer.

Reactions: DrHorn98
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT