ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Taking some of my own advice)

I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama. I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Baylor beat TCU head to head.

All this blood pumping EPL talk and we are facing another freaking international break. Uggh

I have been listening to Eva Cassidy forr years. Sad she died so young. Marvelous singer. Could have been one of the best.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Taking some of my own advic

Originally posted by Dos Horns:
I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama.  I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Curious why ketch isn't sold on Oregon.

They are finally healthy and playing well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I, respectfully, disagree with your assessment of Mr. Swoopes.

Let these facts sink in a bit

Just before the 6 minute mark of the 4th qtr, the Texas offense was 2 of 8 on 3rd down and had amassed a grand total of 28 yards in the 2nd half. WVU put 8 in the box and dared Swoopes to beat them with his arm. He didn't. His decision making process was poor, he stared down his receivers and the balls he threw were mostly go routes that ended up being jump balls. He ran into his backs, misread blitzes to check down to simple slant routes and was off target the entire half. It was almost as if he were fighting a concussion. Since he wasn't, a conclusion could be reached that at least his progression is stagnate and at most is regressing.

Hook'em!

Ketch, good to have you back and prayers for your son.

Will you continue to utilize twitter as a social media platform? I would be inclined to turn that albatross off if I were in your position. With the intolerance that people of today are championing, little things get bent so quickly. I think I would x that one off the "to ever do again list". BWTHDIK.

You handled it perfectly.............you know after the not so perfect but 100% factual tweet. Just seems like there should be no blowback if it was true..........but I digress. They can claim to not have a history of racism and I'll claim to have had a history of athleticism.

Ketch I think you are right about Swoopes and also right about the play calling. I've never been a fan of Watson's play calling at any of the schools where he coached. QB development is one thing but play calling is essential in helping build the confidence of a QB. Greg Davis was absolutely the worst I have ever seen at calling plays and Watson isn't a whole lot better. Texas needs to find an offensive assistant that can effectively play call to give the offense some kind of consistency.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by adam_bomb:
Please don't "commit" to Chelsea. Maybe Arsenal or Tottenham
I'm going to take my visits and meet with my family to decide where God wants me to go.

You should do the whole hat thing...

Anyone But Chelsea....

Leaving any EPL team mid-season to jump on the band wagon of the runaway league leading Chelsea run by the worst kind of Russian oligarch. It really deserves it's own thread to keep you from sinking into the abyss.

Ketch, you do have to be able to sleep at night.

Originally posted by jspirohorn:
Swoopes needs to stop throwing of of his back foot, especially across the middle of the field.
Those things will come. Guys with big arms are sometimes the hardest to break of bad habits.

Originally posted by 1011marytime:
A couple of EPL notes.

I'm a Chelsea supporter, mainly bc I became captivated by Didier Drogba a decade ago. But I honestly love the whole league, and no matter what I'm able to watch on the weekends, EPL review show on Monday nights is DVRed weekly. It's not only an hour of the best plays and build ups of the week but it's also an opportunity to get to know each team's playmakers.

Also remember this about the EPL, just bc they're a giant doesn't mean they're favorites. For example, man city is absolutely loaded every year, and they win the league a lot. But when they go play champions league they consistently get their heads kicked in. With all the competitions they play in, there are lots of opportunities to be a favorite and an underdog.
when and where can I find the EPL review show?

Originally posted by Salty Mule:
Why did you do a Top Ten of Eva Cassidy when you have already done one of her in the past?
a. The archive of her list was lost and the link to her Top 10 was a dud.
b. Spotify added her greatest hits album and I couldn't stop listening.
c. She was one of the very first artists I did, so it has been more than three years (I believe) since I focused on her.
d. It's Eva.

Originally posted by sean1187:
Is it possible that outside of the World Cup, soccer is just boring?
I wouldn't say that. I have enjoyed EPL all season long.

I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama. I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Alabama doesn't want to play TCU IMO...

Originally posted by PDX Horn:
I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama. Â I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Curious why ketch isn't sold on Oregon.

They are finally healthy and playing well.
Because they have looked far from special for much of this season. This isn't the same outfit without Chip Kelly.

Originally posted by hornrush:

Just before the 6 minute mark of the 4th qtr, the Texas offense was 2 of 8 on 3rd down and had amassed a grand total of 28 yards in the 2nd half. WVU put 8 in the box and dared Swoopes to beat them with his arm. He didn't. His decision making process was poor, he stared down his receivers and the balls he threw were mostly go routes that ended up being jump balls. He ran into his backs, misread blitzes to check down to simple slant routes and was off target the entire half. It was almost as if he were fighting a concussion. Since he wasn't, a conclusion could be reached that at least his progression is stagnate and at most is regressing.

Hook'em!
Yes, if you look at his progress in a vacuum, you might reach that conclusion.

Originally posted by sean1187:
Is it possible that outside of the World Cup, soccer is just boring?
I wouldn't say that. I have enjoyed EPL all season long.
I'll save my description of soccer for everyone whose heard the same knocks time and time again but I think the only reason the World Cup makes soccer exciting is because so much is on the line with each kick for countries around the globe.

Originally posted by HornPitt:
Ketch, good to have you back and prayers for your son.

Will you continue to utilize twitter as a social media platform? I would be inclined to turn that albatross off if I were in your position. With the intolerance that people of today are championing, little things get bent so quickly. I think I would x that one off the "to ever do again list". BWTHDIK.

You handled it perfectly.............you know after the not so perfect but 100% factual tweet. Just seems like there should be no blowback if it was true..........but I digress. They can claim to not have a history of racism and I'll claim to have had a history of athleticism.
I Love Twitter.

Originally posted by jspirohorn:
Swoopes needs to stop throwing of of his back foot, especially across the middle of the field.
Those things will come. Guys with big arms are sometimes the hardest to break of bad habits.
They might come, they might not. There are NFL QBs with big arms that still have that bad habit and throw lots of picks.

Welcome back Ketch! Everyone makes mistakes, those in the spotlight get judged and disciplined more harshly than the average person, but it's good to have you back! Prayers for your son, I can't imagine what it would be like but I really hope and pray that everything goes smoothly and safely with him.

The review show is mid afternoon Saturday for Saturday games and then the same on Sunday.
It's an hour of extended highlights of each game. Great way to zoom through the weekend.

It's on Austin TimeWarner 314 (NBC sports network) and it's sort of deceptively called "Match of the Day" because it's not one match it's all the matches.

What exactly have you been doing for the last 5 years?

J/K. Best wishes for your son.

Hook'em!
Swoopes' quotes in Anwar's post game report are alarming. He's two games from finishing his sophomore year and can barely read a defense or answer a basic question from a reporter about defensive coverages. Not every young QB gives those types of answers and it doesn't just happen to everyone.

Originally posted by HornOwl:
Anyone But Chelsea....

Leaving any EPL team mid-season to jump on the band wagon of the runaway league leading Chelsea run by the worst kind of Russian oligarch. It really deserves it's own thread to keep you from sinking into the abyss.

Ketch, you do have to be able to sleep at night.
No decision has been made.

Originally posted by dallashorn02:

Hook'em!
Swoopes' quotes in Anwar's post game report are alarming. He's two games from finishing his sophomore year and can barely read a defense or answer a basic question from a reporter about defensive coverages. Not every young QB gives those types of answers and it doesn't just happen to everyone.
Swoopes is a massive project that was pushed onto the field before he was ready. Nine starts into his sophomore season doesn't make that last sentence any less truthful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT