ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Texas Longhorns season predictions

How many wins will the Longhorns end the 2018 season with?

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 4 4.1%

Votes: 20 20.6%

Votes: 27 27.8%

Votes: 17 17.5%

Votes: 11 11.3%

Votes: 7 7.2%

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters
Sounds like Maryland has already quit.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

Their current football players are not wanting to train.
I read this article and all I could hear was--

"Pyle! Get your fat body over that wall. You look like 200 pounds of chewed bubble gum! I bet if there was some pu$$y up there you could make it! Get the fvck off of my obstacle course private Pyle! I'm going to rip your nuts off so you can't contaminate the species!".

Realizing that USC, TCU, and West Virginia are all home games for us this year which should go a long way toward flipping those toss-ups. Red River is always up for grabs. But the only road game that really worries me is @ Kansas State

Realizing that USC, TCU, and West Virginia are all home games for us this year which should go a long way toward flipping those toss-ups. Red River is always up for grabs. But the only road game that really worries me is @ Kansas State
@ OkST shouldn’t be looked over. They are one of the winningest programs in football now. Gundy always puts together a solid if not very good team. Really curious to see what their new QB Cornelius is like.

Also @Tech is ALWAYS a challenge. The whole city and program gets up for Texas. It’s their Super Bowl. They also finally have a decent defense to go along with the offense.

@ OkST shouldn’t be looked over. They are one of the winningest programs in football now. Gundy always puts together a solid if not very good team. Really curious to see what their new QB Cornelius is like.

Also @Tech is ALWAYS a challenge. The whole city and program gets up for Texas. It’s their Super Bowl. They also finally have a decent defense to go along with the offense.
I agree with you. Those will definitely be tough games. But for some reason we have fared better in Stillwater and Lubbock lately. Besides, if those are the games we are losing this year then we are right back where we were last year at 6-6. OkSt and TxTech needs to be wins so we can focus on taking more crucial games.

Wins: Maryland, Tulsa, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas
Losses: No for sure losses
Tweener: USC, TCU, KState, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., WVU, Tech

Tweener Games...

USC - Ultimately I think Texas wins this game as I think they have a slightly better roster. It will be a close game and not turning the ball over is huge, but I think Texas has a chance to edge this one out.

TCU - I like Shawn Robinson a lot, but will he have the confidence going into this game? I think Texas coule wins a close one.

USC/TCU - Texas splits here.

KState/Oklahoma/Oklahoma St. - I think Texas only wins 1 of these 3. This is a very tough part of the schedule as it is never easy to play in Manhattan, the RRR is almost always a slobberknocker, and oSu is a terrific program with a tough venue.

West Virginia - I think Texas has a way better roster and even though WVU has a great QB, Texas has a pretty damn good 2ndary. I think Texas handles this game rather easy

Texas Tech - The improvements on defense fro Tech are intriguing, but I don't think it is enough to slow Texas down if the offense is doing what I think they will this season. This is a W for Texas.

Texas will finish the season winning 4-6 in a row and will continue that into a bowl win.

I see Texas for 10-3 to 10-4 this year depending if they get in the Big 12 Championship game. I put the chances of Texas getting into the CG about 67%

????
if Texas wins against USC and TCU as you projected....why do they then split against TCU/USC ? Perhaps I dont read so well in my old age....

Oklahoma was in the playoff last year. One of the top 4 teams in the nation. And yet, they nearly lost to 6-6 Texas. A Texas team that's apparently terrible in all aspects and can't come close to competing with OU...and yet, 29-24? Hmm. Well. No reason to play that game I guess.

Texas D held OU to their fewest points in '17.

Add to that USC plays @ Stanford the week before,TCU plays tOSU the week before, and KSU travels to WVA the week before.

Everything changes now. *sigh*

MARYLAND loss 0-1
TULSA win 1-1
USC win 2-1*
TCU loss 2-2
KANSAS STATE win 3-2
OKLAHOMA loss 3-3
BAYLOR win 4-3
OKLAHOMA STATE win 5-3*
WEST VIRGINIA loss 5-4
TEXAS TECH win 6-4
IOWA STATE win 7-4*
KANSAS win 8-4

Kansas State looks down so they are a win now. OU and TCU look too good; they are losses. I think we pull off one upset (USC) and we take care of business rest of the way. But there probably will be one more blunder. Not sure where it will be, but we will either lose to USC or lose to Oklahoma State or Iowa State, ending the season 7-5 and then with a bowl win 8-5. Improvement but barely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT