ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

He’s not committed. It’s a recruiting edit sent to him showing a commitment to Texas as a box that remains to be checked.

Per EJ @ 247

— I switched my Crystal Ball pick from Texas to Texas A&M for four-star cornerback Marcus Banks. This one was a little strange — something that seems to be a constant theme with in-state recruiting this year. UT cornerbacks coach Jason Washington has been working on this recruitment for more than a year, and there isn’t really anything he could have done differently, especially considering the fact that we expected him to commit to Texas in March before he pushed things back. I’ve heard that A&M really made an impression on Banks and his mother, who is playing a huge factor in his recruitment, on their recent official visit. A summer official visit to Texas could turn the tide, but nothing has been set at this time. Washington will see Banks on Friday and is going to continue working on him.

— If Banks does end up siding with Texas A&M, two in-state cornerbacks to know are Oregon commit Marques Caldwell and fast-rising Fort Bend Hightower product Isaiah Essissima. Caldwell visited Texas for junior day and has high interest in the program. If the Longhorns were to offer, they would be in a prime position to flip him. Essissima is an intriguing prospect and has blown up with P5 offers this spring. Washington will also see both on Friday.

— Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles stopped by Fort Worth Nolan Catholic to see four-star defensive end/outside linebacker NaNa Osafo-Mensah. So where do things stand heading into his weekend decision? While Osafo-Mensah said some great things in the interview our Mike Roach had on the site, we are continuing to hear from those around him that Notre Dame holds the edge. I have my Crystal Ball on the Fighting Irish and am sticking with that pick right now.

— There have been some questions about some grad transfers along the offensive line. I have checked in with a source, and yes, Texas is evaluating some grad transfers up front. While there is nothing substantial to report at this time, don’t be surprised if one or two of the guys remaining on the market turn into real targets.

*I wouldn't worry about Banks... not impressed by him, and that probably means the staff has other CB's likely OOS higher on the board than him and they must feel we are in a good position with them.

Reactions: freeper
List of "Shhh" emoji's from Carrington (Per TFB):

February 5th – Jordan Whittington
February 21st – Calvin Anderson
February 28th – T’Vondre Sweat
March 31st – DeGabriel Floyd
April 4th – Kenyatta Watson
April 21st – Tre Watson
May 7th – Brayden Liebrock
May 8th – ??? (My guess Jake Smith)
May 21st – ??? (My guess Jared Wiley)

does anybody else read the names of these kids in craig way's voice to see if it just makes sense that they end up with us? like essissima just sounds like a craig way call.

...no?... yeah me either
Be honest..........

You fap when you do this............ don't you....

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Per TFB:
– The most recent commit (which was the latest shh) is a 2020 player. However, he may not be all the big news this week. There is a possibility Texas could be in store for more good news this week and if things go according to plan it’ll go public this week, as well.

***My guess Mookie Cooper (WR from MO) or Hudson Card (ATH/QB/WR from Lake Travis)

Another "Shh" and now I've lost count, this maybe the 4th now over the past week?

Some rumors that it's Tyler Johnson 5* OL

Supposedly it's going to be a good weekend and a few of these "Shh" may go public.

Here's who I think the 4 "Shh" silent commits are that will pop within the next few weeks. Maybe one today and one tomorrow...

2020 QB Hudson Card
19 OL Tyler Johnson
19 WR Jake Smith
19 CB Marquess Caldwell (flip from Oregon)
19 TE Jared Wiley

Reactions: q1w2e3
Here's who I think the 4 "Shh" silent commits are that will pop within the next few weeks. Maybe one today and one tomorrow...

2020 QB Hudson Card
19 OL Tyler Johnson
19 WR Jake Smith
19 CB Marquess Caldwell (flip from Oregon)
19 TE Jared Wiley
Just got TE Jared Wiley today.

If the horns can reel in 8-10 wins this year they will have the #1 recruiting class in the country imo. Might do it even without winning but on field results will seal it in my opinion.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT