ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

Is there any recent update on Kennedy Lewis? I saw somewhere that he visited WA this past weekend and that it's down to TX, Baylor, and WA. Is he going to commit this week?
I think I saw a crystal ball from one of the recruiting sites to the good guys...his twitter says committing tomorrow and signing Wednesday

Commitment watching for Early National Signing Day 2018 which will run for three days from Dec. 19-21:

Today (5 PM Pacific): C.Johnson
Tomorrow: K.Lewis
Wed: I.Hookfin, N.Cain, T.Sanders

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Last edited:
Looks like freshmen Justin Fields (QB) and Luke Ford (TE) are both transferring from UGA. OU would likely be the most likely (IMO) destination for them.
Luke Ford was recruited by Shane Beamer who is now at OU.

The way NS rolled through Region III I was not surprised they throttled LT. The level of football in the greater Houston blows away Centex top to bottom. Same for DFW. Westlake and LT have very good teams, but they benefit from playing relatively weak competition week after week.
Agreed! I'm glad somebody said it!

I agree the level of football in DFW and especially Houston is on another level. It helps though when you have thousands of more kids to choose from. Allen has so many kids only 25% of their student population is able to participate in sports.

Allen 6,700 (give me a break Allen)

According to data provided by University Interscholastic League (UIL), the largest high schools in Texas were tabulated by the size of their student bodies and included schools from both Klein and Plano Independent School Districts, both having three schools which were listed in the top 25. Taking the second, third, and fourth spots respectively were Plano West High School, Plano East High School, and Plano High School. As well, each of the Klein Independent School District schools that were listed had over 5,100 in student enrollment.

Did Higgins ever find out if Stanford could take him?
That's the thing. Apparently he got into Stanford a couple of months ago. That's why people think we have a shot here. I'm not getting my hopes up though. But I think we come in a close 2nd. Stanford is sweating this one.

Reactions: mm42
I agree the level of football in DFW and especially Houston is on another level. It helps though when you have thousands of more kids to choose from. Allen has so many kids only 25% of their student population is able to participate in sports.

According to data provided by University Interscholastic League (UIL), the largest high schools in Texas were tabulated by the size of their student bodies and included schools from both Klein and Plano Independent School Districts, both having three schools which were listed in the top 25. Taking the second, third, and fourth spots respectively were Plano West High School, Plano East High School, and Plano High School. As well, each of the Klein Independent School District schools that were listed had over 5,100 in student enrollment.

Yeah Allen and the Plano schools include their freshman campus numbers in the total but still, they are huge for high schools. And I dont doubt some kids move to play for them. I know it happens for Westlake and LT.

Northshore is also huge. If Katy and Ft. Bend ISDs consolidated their students into less high schools you'd see better teams out there too. Katy High of course doesnt seem to need help in that department.

Reactions: Scholz

You realize Allen has as many students as both Rice and U of Tulsa!

Reactions: Scholz
Can we leave this channel clear for actual recruiting news??? Thanks and Thanks!

I dont get all the Allen hate... who cares?

Not hate. But when your talent pool is literally twice as large as most of your competition, it takes away some of the luster of your success. Great coaching aside, it's a gigantic advantage. Allen should be 8A.

Was Kennedy one of the two silent commitments??????? I hope not, that means it can only get better........

Wow. From what I've read here this young man has tremendous speed and if he can play right away he can be the deep threat that Sam Ehlinger needs.

HookemHorns

So this commit interest me cause of this "However, Powell still remained receptive to other schools, as evidenced by his Thursday decommitment, with Baylor emerging as the late favorite to land his services, perhaps in part because Powell’s friend, Melissa wide receiver Kennedy Lewis, is trending heavily towards the Bears. Lewis was seemingly a heavy Texas lean before pushing back his commitment date."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT