ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

So this commit interest me cause of this "However, Powell still remained receptive to other schools, as evidenced by his Thursday decommitment, with Baylor emerging as the late favorite to land his services, perhaps in part because Powell’s friend, Melissa wide receiver Kennedy Lewis, is trending heavily towards the Bears. Lewis was seemingly a heavy Texas lean before pushing back his commitment date."

Not sure if serious???

You do know that Duv is really really fast, like 4.3 fast

Sure if we can get Duvernay, Lewis, maybe even Burt deep it will be fun to see. And don't laugh about Burt. Maybe sitting out a year and working with the receiving coach we'll see some of that promise that he showed when he came here.

Sure if we can get Duvernay, Lewis, maybe even Burt deep it will be fun to see. And don't laugh about Burt. Maybe sitting out a year and working with the receiving coach we'll see some of that promise that he showed when he came here.
I think one of the biggest things that is keeping Burt from becoming a better WR is during the spring, majority of his time is spent running track. That is not a knock on Burt or anything like that but he missed key time that could be used to help develop him as a WR.

What makes you think Lewis is gonna be an option right away? He's got his work cut for him trying to beat out the likes of Smith and Whittington. Hope he's enrolling early, because those two will be in Austin next month.

I actually think Jake Smith turns out to be the best of the bunch, and I'm biased toward Whittington. Jake is just a freak. Jamaal Charles level acceleration and speed, great hands, and umcanny awareness and ball tracking skills.

I've told you guys this before but worth repeating here. I live about 3 mile from Notre Dame High which is where Jake goes to school.

I've seen them play 3 times this year. His accelaration is jaw dropping. I'm talking Marquis Goodwin speed but better moves and hands.

I believe he will play as a freshman but you just never know. Right now he is as fast as anyone at Texas playing football. It's going to be fun watching him progress and get bigger and stronger. Look out Big 12.

Hamm is saying if Shepard signs anywhere tomorrow it would be to aggy. I bet it happens too. $$

Hamm is saying if Shepard signs anywhere tomorrow it would be to aggy. I bet it happens too. $$
Hamm is trying to get customers and wants to screw with EJ. Those 2 guys are the biggest homers and are not to be taken seriously.

Hamm is trying to get customers and wants to screw with EJ. Those 2 guys are the biggest homers and are not to be taken seriously.

I don’t know, something has been off with his recruitment all year. Seems like he likes to play the two schools against each other to see who comes up with the best deal.

EJ is not even on the same planet as Hamm, very weird assertion.

EJ is not even on the same planet as Hamm, very weird assertion.
EJ was backpedaling big time tonight, but I agree Hamm is the GOAT when it come to BS.

And wait until you find out who his super secret visitor was. Very Hammish.

What makes you think Lewis is gonna be an option right away? He's got his work cut for him trying to beat out the likes of Smith and Whittington. Hope he's enrolling early, because those two will be in Austin next month.

I actually think Jake Smith turns out to be the best of the bunch, and I'm biased toward Whittington. Jake is just a freak. Jamaal Charles level acceleration and speed, great hands, and umcanny awareness and ball tracking skills.
I don't think Jake is an early enrollee

I agree the level of football in DFW and especially Houston is on another level. It helps though when you have thousands of more kids to choose from. Allen has so many kids only 25% of their student population is able to participate in sports.

Allen 6,700 (give me a break Allen)

According to data provided by University Interscholastic League (UIL), the largest high schools in Texas were tabulated by the size of their student bodies and included schools from both Klein and Plano Independent School Districts, both having three schools which were listed in the top 25. Taking the second, third, and fourth spots respectively were Plano West High School, Plano East High School, and Plano High School. As well, each of the Klein Independent School District schools that were listed had over 5,100 in student enrollment.
Plano started the huge high school trend. Only way they could beat Highland Park.

Everyone has signed excepts Caleb Johnson (west coast guy) and Jevonne Shepard (not signing early)

Everyone has signed excepts Caleb Johnson (west coast guy) and Jevonne Shepard (not signing early)

Shepard is not worth it. He has some serious character flaws. Find a replacement and cut him loose. Let aggy waste $50000 on signing him.

Some late optimism for Noah Cain as well. Should be announcing within the 10 o'clock hour this morning.

Well I guess the optimism was for naught as he picked Penn St
Why do I get the feeling that this was a last minute decision?
Also felt like there was an element of settling for something that was not among his top 3-4 choices.
Who knows what happens behind the scenes.
Best wishes to him.

Cain looked for every excuse to not come here. At the end I think it came down to his concerns over our ability to run the ball. I read somewhere he was concerned about Sam being used in the running game so much.

Cain looked for every excuse to not come here. At the end I think it came down to his concerns over our ability to run the ball. I read somewhere he was concerned about Sam being used in the running game so much.
There is a very easy option. Just do not engage with the school you do not want to go to.
My kid is applying for college. No applications go out to schools we do not want to consider.
Of course, there are no SEC schools on the list. None of them make the cut academically.
Only 1 Big12 school made the cut!

Boy, Texas needs to get out of this dumpster of a conference. Big 10 would be the best fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT