ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

Got to give it to Herman. He sees holes in the roster and fills them. Needed a tackle- check, needed more options at RB-check. No telling if these guys perform next year, but I like how Herman is filling spots with grad transfers while also recruiting well for the future.

All the recent picks for NaNa are for ND.

Likely another very disappointing recruiting loss on the DL.

I think Earls mother liked and met Darrell Royal more so than Barry Switzer and gave him and other son the Green light to Texas,Good Choice,Mom.

Yall have to understand that at the time of Earls recruitment, recruiting was so damned dirty with payoffs and worse there was no such thing as a level playing field. Decent coaches( I mean those with a moral code) were driven from the game because they would not take the low road. Frank Broyles and DKR retired rather than getting down in the muck. When DKR went to Earl's hose to recruit he was explaining why he couldnt/wouldnt be offering cash etc. and you know what Earl told him? An 18 yer old Earl Campbell looked DKR in the eye and said..."my people were bought and sold for years and years.....aint nobody buying Earl Cambell!!!!!"

For that reason alone Earl earned a place in the HOF.

I was reading the what if Adrian had came to Texas fantasy. I have a better one. What if Earl had gone to Oklahoma? He was down to OU and Texas the night before his chose. He could’ve won a National Championship and been in the backfield with Billy Sims. So what!

asked billy sims one time why he didn't go to Texas. he said it's because they already had a #20. point being, had earl been at oklahoma, billy would've been at Texas. and obviously vice versa.

Apparently ND still leads for Nana, even after his OV to UT this weekend.

But there is good news... Wonder who it is?

When you see 3 star TE, you may not get too excited. But realize, Liebrock is the 13th best TE in the nation according to 247 composite. Further, it's likely he is underrated. 247 has him as a 4 star already and many people in the know (and some with no connection to UT) were talking about how underrated he is. Names like David Thomas and Jermichael Finley were being thrown around.

This kid is the athletic, pass catching TE we have not had in years. In HS he boths plays on the line and split wide. He runs godo routes and has good speed and agility to get open. LBs seem very mismatched against his athleticism. He has great hands, his highlights show him catching away from his body and he has several catches while being forced to dive or go to the ground.

His 6'5" inch 220 lb frame is plenty big for a TE who is already a willing blocker. His blocking highlights show some great work while on the line setting the edge. When he is split wide, he demolishes opposing DBs with his blocking. He goes after blocks to the echo of the whistle. With his frame, he can pack on some more weight and strength without losing his speed and agility and could really be a good all around TE.

What his HUDL if you don't believe me.

Maybe hes feeling the heat since Liebrock committed. I don't know if Herman will take two TE's this cycle, but we're losing beck to graduation so it's possible we might

If they let this kid out of Cali they are stupid. Continuing trend here this cycle, but he's extremely under ranked. Maybe herman is getting a class blue of recruits with a chip on their shoulder. Either way If we get this kid, he'll be a steal! check the hudl link below

Per EJ @ 247

Texas added its sixth commitment in the 2019 class on Tuesday. So who's next? Here is a look at five recruits the Longhorns could reel in soon.

WR Jake Smith - Smith narrowed down his lengthy offer list to just two finalists — Texas and USC. The Longhorns have already hosted Smith twice this offseason and will get him back for an official visit soon. While many believe USC will be his likely landing spot, there is confidence around Austin.

TE Jared Wiley - Wiley originally said he wanted to wait for more offers. However, the three-star prospect hasn't seen many come his way this spring. Wiley has made several visits to Austin this offseason, and the buzz is a decision could come in the near future, especially now that Bayden Liebrock is in.

OL Tyler Johnson - One of UT's top overall recruits this cycle, Johnson is extremely high on the Longhorns, which hold 100 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions. While he said he wants to wait to make a decision, Texas is the favorite and made a huge impression on his recent official visit.

DE/OLB NaNa Osafo-Mensah - Osafo-Mensah is set to make his decision on May 19 and is down to Notre Dame and Texas. Notre Dame appears to have the lead even after Texas hosted him for an OV. However, the Longhorns will work hard on him over the next week and a half.

CB Marcus Banks - Banks was originally supposed to make his decision in March. However, he decided to push back his decision timeline. Banks plans to officially visit Texas this summer, and the Longhorns are regaining steam in his recruitment.

***I would also add Adimora to this list.

— I have locked in a new Crystal Ball pick for Texas. This time around, I put in a prediction for four-star Mayfair (Calif.) safety Chris Adimora. According to sources, Texas really impressed him on his recent visit to Austin, and UT commit De’Gabriel Floyd has been working extremely hard on him. Adimora has a great relationship with Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar, who has been making a huge push. Adimora is planning to make an official visit to Texas in the future.

— I mentioned yesterday that there was reason for optimism with Williams Field (AZ) safety Noa Pola-Gates. The four-star prospect likes the Longhorns and is considering making a visit to UT in the near future. Naivar will actually be out in Arizona to see Pola-Gates on Monday. Texas is recruiting the state of Arizona hard and is having success there.

— I checked in with another source close to five-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Trey Sanders, and he told me that Texas is a bigger player than most are making it seem. Sanders is still scheduled to visit Texas in the summer and has a growing relationship with Stan Drayton. I will have more from Sanders when I stop by IMG later this week.

— Nothing has really changed with four-star Fort Worth Nolan Catholic defensive end/outside linebacker NaNa Osafo-Mensah. I am still hearing that Notre Dame is the team to beat as his decision approaches. Texas is going to continue to work on him over the next week, but again, I would give the Fighting Irish the edge at this time.

EJ wrote that next next five recruits with a chance to commit article after he revealed he knew of a recent silent commit. So it’s got to be one of those five. My guess is the OL Johnson.

Two crystal balls for Jake Smith to Texas from non-Texas analysts today. Nice!

My second guess on the silent was Jake Smith, but I was under the impression USC was the heavy fav with UT second. Maybe not! Not sure what to think on TE Wiley...He released a top three of Texas, Houston, and Mizzou today. So, I wonder if he is a slam dunk/already silent to UT or he no longer has a commitable offer?

Joshua Moore from Youkum won the long jump championship at the state track meet this morning. He is planning on playing football and running track next year.

Reactions: q1w2e3
Per EJ @ 247
— Brayden Liebrock is the best offensive prospect I’ve seen during my spring tour, which has included 28 stops so far. While the practice wasn’t in pads, Liebrock was by far the best player on the field as he dominated his defensive teammates in 1-on-1 reps and 7-on-7. Liebrock had no drops throughout the course of the practice and was the go-to guy on Chandler’s offense. The offense basically ran through him as he lined up out wide, in the slot and in-line.

— What stood out to me the most about Liebrock was how fluid he looked. He moves extremely well for his size and has tremendous straight-line speed. Liebrock also runs excellent routes and displayed great releases. And as mentioned, Liebrock didn’t drop anything — he has some of the softest hands around. The crazy thing is he still has so much upside. Liebrock devoted a lot of time to baseball early on in his high school career and actually spent his sophomore season on junior varsity. His ceiling is limitless.

— One thing I didn’t get to see from Liebrock was blocking. Again, this was not a padded practice, so there was no opportunity for Liebrock to show off that part of his game. That’s basically my only concern with him. Right now, he’s about 225 but should be closer to 235 when he gets to Austin. In my opinion, he’ll put on the necessary weight in UT’s strength and conditioning program to help him become an adequate blocker. As a pure receiving tight end, he’s a dream recruit.

— Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar made his way to Arizona to see four-star defensive back Noa Pola-Gates, who is starting to like Texas more and more. The Longhorns are a legitimate player in his recruitment and will likely receive a visit this summer. Pola-Gates is also strongly considering schools like Alabama and Penn State. He has no decision timeframe at this time.

— Texas cornerbacks coach Jason Washington was also in Arizona today and saw five-star 2020 cornerback Kelee Ringo. Texas recently put an offer on the table for Ringo and is making an early push in his recruitment. With the Longhorns having success in the state, this recruitment is certainly one to keep an eye on moving forward.

— Texas defensive coordinator Todd Orlando hit the road and attended the Katy Cinco Ranch spring game as he saw four-star inside linebacker David Gbenda. Texas was thought to be the frontrunner for Gbenda, but he is taking his time with the process and is also really high on Texas A&M. Gbenda plans to use all of his official visits before making a decision.

— Texas inside wide receivers coach Corby Meekins made the rounds in South Houston today as he continues to help the Longhorns strengthen their relationships with Texas high school coaches. The aforementioned Washington will actually take part in a conference with high school coaches in San Antonio tomorrow. Winning over Texas high school coaches remains a top priority for this staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT