ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

I thought I read that we are believed to be in the lead even after his visit to OU and that decision could be coming in the not too distant future. Don't remember where I read that but somewhere on 247
Any news on Alfred Collins, 4* DL product out Cedar Creek HS in Bastrop, Tx who is 6-5 and weighs 275 and is the #20 rated prospect in Texas?

Reactions: Bwilk55
Any news on Alfred Collins, 4* DL product out Cedar Creek HS in Bastrop, Tx who is 6-5 and weighs 275 and is the #20 rated prospect in Texas?
Still leading here. Hope he shuts it down soon. Plan has been mid October.

Princely took an OU visit but there doesn't seem to be much to any concern of a flip. He had scheduled the visit before his commitment.

CB Joshua Eaton was also at OU recently. This one looks more like a flip watch. Eaton has family in Oklahoma and they have always been a real threat.

Losing a CB like Eaton may be balanced out by gaining a commitment from an absolute stud in Kelee Ringo. I haven't seen many folks going out on a limb with predictions to Texas yet but there has been a lot more buzz recently.

A new 2020 offer out today. We haven't seen one of these in a while and it is from the stingiest coach on the staff - Todd Orlando at LB.

This kid is from Dallas and was ruled ineligbile after a transfer. Is playing his Senior year at IMG. Not highly recruited but Orlando offered after seeing him in person and Todd doesn't throw many LB offers around. He must like what he saw.

https://247sports.com/player/jaqwondis-burns-46078938/

Lake Travis QB Hudson Card injures his foot Friday night against Westlake and out for remainder of season.
Hopefully he recovers quickly enough for spring ball.

Lake Travis QB Hudson Card injures his foot Friday night against Westlake and out for remainder of season.
Hopefully he recovers quickly enough for spring ball.
Having surgery this week I believe. Should be ready for Spring ball

2020 DE from Manor Princely Umanmielen (6'4" 249) decommitted today.

Also, turns out Hudson Card did not end up needing surgery after receiving a 2nd/3rd opinion. He said he would be back 3-5 weeks, I believe.

2020 DE from Manor Princely Umanmielen (6'4" 249) decommitted today.

Also, turns out Hudson Card did not end up needing surgery after receiving a 2nd/3rd opinion. He said he would be back 3-5 weeks, I believe.

I'm very concerned about decommits with the way the Texas defense is playing, and also if we lose additional games.

I guess I look at it wrong.......I'd be thinking "immediate playing time" when I look at the Texas D if I was him.

I guess I look at it wrong.......I'd be thinking "immediate playing time" when I look at the Texas D if I was him.
Immediate playing time, but could be viewed as a terrible scheme for DL. I believe what we run up against in recruiting DL is that the scheme Orlando runs doesn't allow them to wreak much havoc, but instead to eat up blockers which allows the LB's to play. These guys want to be able to get after the QB and our system (whether is be scheme or coaching) doesn't have much results in terms of DL getting after the QB

Immediate playing time, but could be viewed as a terrible scheme for DL. I believe what we run up against in recruiting DL is that the scheme Orlando runs doesn't allow them to wreak much havoc, but instead to eat up blockers which allows the LB's to play. These guys want to be able to get after the QB and our system (whether is be scheme or coaching) doesn't have much results in terms of DL getting after the QB

It is really easy to negative recruit us right now.

Looks like Eaton flipping to OU is coming to a head as well. This has been brewing for a while, even before we played OU. I doubt the on the field performances have done anything to change Eaton's mind.

Eaton? First and last names please. Also the school that they play for and position they play would be good to have posted as well.

Man these kids... Fickle as hell.

If we want to keep guys on this side of the ball, gotta play better. Not just better through injuries, but better scheme. Quit blitzing every 3rd and long and leaving young corners on an island.

Gosh dangit...

We are 130/130 in missed tackles. Are you seriously going to tell me that is because of injuries and not our philosophy/practice habits?

Or did we just recruit guys that can't tackle?
How do you explain Orlando’s 2017 defense being one of Texas’ best ever when he had better personnel?

Orlando is not Mr. Miyagi he can’t heal injured players instantly.
Running the 3-3-5 is not a good fit for what we have. We need to establish the 4-2-5. We can`t put pressure on the ball with 3 dl at all. We need 2 tackles hogging up the middle. Look at every game we have played in thus far. No pressure from our linemen which, equals td`s thrown on our db`s. We did well against SEC GA because we ran most of the night 4 dl`s. Even with LSU a few times but most of the night we ran 3 dl`s and that cost the team.
I`ve said this at the very beginning of Todd time here.

How do you explain Orlando’s 2017 defense being one of Texas’ best ever when he had better personnel?

How do you explain Gene Chizik getting fired one year after winning a natty? How do you explain Larry Coker getting fired from Miami after that run they had in 2000/2001/2002? I could go on.

Maybe he isn't communicating to the players well enough. Maybe he changed practice habits. Maybe he changed philosophy. I don't know.

What I do know, is this defense is absolute dog shit. UConn has a better defense statistically than we do. Freaking UConn.

130/130 in missed tackles
113/130 in yards per play
120/130 in yards per game
93/130 in points per game
126/130 in pass yards per game (DBU!)
101/130 in pass efficiency
90/130 in 3rd down defense
101/130 in RZ defense

None of that is excusable unless you have zero scholarship players left on the defense.

Players that have played 7 games for Texas' D this year

Ossai, Jones, Adeoye, Estell, Jamison, Roach, Coburn, Cook, Graham, Adimora, Bimage, Ojomo, Owens, Sweat, Boyce, Chisholm,

Players that have played 6/7 games for Texas' D this year

Brown, McCulloch, Mitchell, Jones

Again, if we were about 20-30 spots above where we are now, I would totally understand the injuries reasoning. But we are worse than UConn, Texas State, Rutgers, San Jose State, Liberty, Akron, etc.

I don't think Orlando is a bad coach, but I do think he is doing a bad job this year. He gets paid $1.7M to get it fixed.

How do you explain Gene Chizik getting fired one year after winning a natty? How do you explain Larry Coker getting fired from Miami after that run they had in 2000/2001/2002? I could go on.

Maybe he isn't communicating to the players well enough. Maybe he changed practice habits. Maybe he changed philosophy. I don't know.

What I do know, is this defense is absolute dog shit. UConn has a better defense statistically than we do. Freaking UConn.

130/130 in missed tackles
113/130 in yards per play
120/130 in yards per game
93/130 in points per game
126/130 in pass yards per game (DBU!)
101/130 in pass efficiency
90/130 in 3rd down defense
101/130 in RZ defense

None of that is excusable unless you have zero scholarship players left on the defense.

Players that have played 7 games for Texas' D this year

Ossai, Jones, Adeoye, Estell, Jamison, Roach, Coburn, Cook, Graham, Adimora, Bimage, Ojomo, Owens, Sweat, Boyce, Chisholm,

Players that have played 6/7 games for Texas' D this year

Brown, McCulloch, Mitchell, Jones

Again, if we were about 20-30 spots above where we are now, I would totally understand the injuries reasoning. But we are worse than UConn, Texas State, Rutgers, San Jose State, Liberty, Akron, etc.

I don't think Orlando is a bad coach, but I do think he is doing a bad job this year. He gets paid $1.7M to get it fixed.

When you're getting paid 1.7M per year . . . it should never break in the first place.

2020 CB Ethan Pouncey out of Florida, and brother of current Longhorn, has decommitted from Texas. 3rd in about 9 days

2020 CB Ethan Pouncey out of Florida, and brother of current Longhorn, has decommitted from Texas. 3rd in about 9 days
Also appears that Jordan Pouncey, the older brother, who is a redshirt sophomore is looking to transfer as well.

Wow. This is very concerning. Not a good look for Herman with kids decommiting and transferring. Things will only get worse if Texas loses more ballgames. This could get ugly, fast.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT