ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

Seems that he posted a commitment graphic on twitter yesterday (acct is protected). Is he backtracking from that?
I believe so, I just get my info from twitter and other sites. And that's what they are saying.

I believe so, I just get my info from twitter and other sites. And that's what they are saying.
Interesting. Seems you are right. 24/7 still has him as a Texas commit. There is a graphic out there but perhaps someone shouldn't have put it out.

I know Texas is in a dark place, but if Texas is recruiting you and offered you, why in the earthly hell would you choose Utah? lol.
The story has been that Utah had been recruiting him harder. "showing more love" as the kids say. Also, Cam Rising hosted him on his visit.

My list of concern for guys dropping out or flipping is shrinking. Kitan Crawford announced his early signing day ceremony and of course he is decked out in Texas gear. Omiere and Xavion Alford have both reaffirmed their pledges though neither as strongly as Crawford. Continue to keep an eye on Johnston as he hasn't been very public about anything yet but Texas was his dream school.

Still seems that Ty Jordan ends up at Utah but I think we sign most of the class and do it on NSD1.

A recruiting dead period starts on 12/16 and ends on 1/16. One reason we may see a patient approach to finish staff hires is that it allows Herman to keep assistants on staff through NSD1 (12/18), make the new hires and have time to regroup and strategize the finishing touches and then recruit with the new staff from 1/16 until NSD2.

Apparently Herman's pitch to recruits has been that assistants and coordinators will also be fluid (taking new jobs, being fired, etc) but he is asking guys to believe in him and his overall plan.

A recruiting dead period starts on 12/16 and ends on 1/16. One reason we may see a patient approach to finish staff hires is that it allows Herman to keep assistants on staff through NSD1 (12/18), make the new hires and have time to regroup and strategize the finishing touches and then recruit with the new staff from 1/16 until NSD2.

Apparently Herman's pitch to recruits has been that assistants and coordinators will also be fluid (taking new jobs, being fired, etc) but he is asking guys to believe in him and his overall plan.
From what I am hearing, UT will have to move on to option 3 unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat for Joe Brady. From my sources, Harrell is staying at USC.

From what I am hearing, UT will have to move on to option 3 unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat for Joe Brady. From my sources, Harrell is staying at USC.

He probably is, but if that is the case why is USC not reporting that he is staying? It would be to their benefit to squash any speculation that he might leave. Makes me think that Harrell has not decided yet or is waiting on something else to open up. I could see him holding out for a HC job somewhere.

Reactions: outhereincali
My list of concern for guys dropping out or flipping is shrinking. Kitan Crawford announced his early signing day ceremony and of course he is decked out in Texas gear. Omiere and Xavion Alford have both reaffirmed their pledges though neither as strongly as Crawford. Continue to keep an eye on Johnston as he hasn't been very public about anything yet but Texas was his dream school.

Still seems that Ty Jordan ends up at Utah but I think we sign most of the class and do it on NSD1.
Johnston will reportedly take his OV with omiere this weekend to Texas. Good news for both and moves the concern meter further down for both.

Losing Fillinger and Ty Jordan (probably) after staff changes isn't bad at all. Especially considering the boost we may get with some guys (Princely by featuring the D-line more), especially those that the new hires have been recruiting for their schemes at other schools.

The class has pretty much been maintained and the few losses will likely have at least reasonable replacements,

I understand that. They're a nice program. Whittingham does a terrific job. You're from Texas and have an offer from Texas. Utah wouldn't be on the top of my list of OOS schools to look at. Obviously Ty Jordan is different.

Fwiw Peyton Powell a 4* star recruit for Baylor had announced he's going to xfr to Utah. So maybe with a foot in the in door in TX now UT can start to recruit more in TX.

And while SLC is not Austin when it comes to night life the fact remains that it's a beautiful city. Their stadium has some picturesque views.

Fwiw Peyton Powell a 4* star recruit for Baylor had announced he's going to xfr to Utah. So maybe with a foot in the in door in TX now UT can start to recruit more in TX.

And while SLC is not Austin when it comes to night life the fact remains that it's a beautiful city. Their stadium has some picturesque views.

Wow the Permian Panther but not a true Panther cause he moved to Permian from Midland Christian just to get recognized. And he was a former commit and went to baylor for whatever reason and now transferring.....good grief.

Reactions: outhereincali
Wow the Permian Panther but not a true Panther cause he moved to Permian from Midland Christian just to get recognized. And he was a former commit and went to baylor for whatever reason and now transferring.....good grief.

Oh and speaking of Baylor dyk that as of now they're last in the Big XII in recruiting rankings? This is supposed to have a big recruiting weekend for them and I guess this is their chance.

Welcome to the 40 Sawyer Gorman-Welch 3 star defensive tackle from Longview.

You know people tend to forget that a lot of 3* recruits in TX are outstanding players. Like all recruits if they sign with a good coach they have a great future. Baylor and James Lynch is a great example.

I noticed that we have some highly ranked ol. As bad as our ol is if they're just halfway ready we might as well put them in there. This is especially true in regards to the center Jake Majors. If I were the coach I'd tell him we're putting you in there on the grounds that you can't possibly be as bad Zack Shackelford.

I really hope that people read this in the sense of humor it's meant to be. Prince Dorbah is an olb recruit from Highland Park. A black dude from Highland Park? Did the people actually welcome them? For the family's sake I sure hope they don't live next door to Jerry Jones.

I understand that. They're a nice program. Whittingham does a terrific job. You're from Texas and have an offer from Texas. Utah wouldn't be on the top of my list of OOS schools to look at. Obviously Ty Jordan is different.
Florida would beat them, Wisconsin would beat them, Penn State would beat them, Ou would beat them Alabama, Auburn Georgia would beat them but they did almost luck into the playoff.. Oh and we can beat them..!!

Reactions: weevilcatch
I really hope that people read this in the sense of humor it's meant to be. Prince Dorbah is an olb recruit from Highland Park. A black dude from Highland Park? Did the people actually welcome them? For the family's sake I sure hope they don't live next door to Jerry Jones.
He's a refugee and living with a white family who I believed have adopted him. His story is actually quite remarkable.

I have a few dyk

Mack Brown has NC at #17 in the latest recruiting rankings.

Something I've noticed over the last few years only 2 Big XII schools, TX and OK have finished in the top 25. Now I understand why the Big XII usually loses their big non con games every year.

That the last 3 Heisman winners have been qb transfers? Maybe we should look around and find some qb at a blue blood or an NY6 team who's mad that he's not starting. I guess if you can beat em be like em.

Well looks like we lost a recruit due to not having a offensive coordinator. Wr Quentin Johnson to tcu
Yep, loses of Fillinger, Ty Jordan and Johnston. Johnston was close with Mehringer (for whatever reason) so that probably hurt. Not being able to tell him who his next coach would be hurt too.

Overall, not bad in terms of causalities givens the turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT