ADVERTISEMENT

Aggsys behead Kyler Murray....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you on this board could start at A&M this year. Knight just knew where to buy low. We will see how he handles it.
He's the only QB on your roster with a win over Alabama.

He's not the most consistent QB ever, but when he's on, he's pretty darn good. He'd be starting at OU again this year if Mayfield hadn't transferred in.

Cool story. But finding a QB has been our problem. Keeping one is your problem.

Last time we had a QB controversy, we kept Major and Chris. You lost both of your studs. Within days. Guess neither was $EC $EC $EC good.
Good point. But it remains to be seen what Hill, Allen or Murray will do. They might be good and they might suck. Allen showed flashes but wasn't consistent enough to hold the job. Murray really didn't do much of anything (granted he had a small sample of games). Hill might be decent if he can stay sober.

Your fans were saying he was awesome and his only problem was injury prior to his departure. Just sayin.
And that could turn out to be true. Aggie fans (just like all others) are going to spin it in a positive direction if there's any hope. Allen going to Houston is puzzling. If Tom Herman was committed there long term I could see it but he's gone after next year. Seems like he could have done a lot better but maybe the better teams in P5 conferences didn't like what they saw.

Just to add more fuel to the fire:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15185229/trevor-knight-named-texas-aggies-starting-qb

Trevor Knight will always be an OU fan favorite for his win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (I was there, food poison and all).

Im hoping he tears it up in College Station.
This is such an odd feeling. I hope Trevor has a tremendous season and wish the best for him. But damn..at the same time I keep reminding myself he is playing for A&M. I don't hate A&M like UT fans do, but I really can't stand their fanbase. Is it possible for Trevor to have an epic season, yet A&M fail miserably as a team?? Lol It's really odd feeling this conflicted over a team I"m not even a fan of....

Agree to disagree there. I think aggy fans are on a totally different level in terms of delusion/dishonesty/spin.

No kidding. I make the point to Aggie fan. He rebuts it by changing the subject to UT not getting QBs. I point out that yes that is correct, and redirect his spin back to the original point that "keeping a QB is Aggies problem".

And he responds by spinning it some more saying "we don't know if Allen or Murray were any good anyway".

Still the point stands that "keeping a QB is Aggies problem". Spin much?

Reactions: Scholz
This is such an odd feeling. I hope Trevor has a tremendous season and wish the best for him. But damn..at the same time I keep reminding myself he is playing for A&M. I don't hate A&M like UT fans do, but I really can't stand their fanbase. Is it possible for Trevor to have an epic season, yet A&M fail miserably as a team?? Lol It's really odd feeling this conflicted over a team I"m not even a fan of....

I don't hate ATM. Many of the people that I graduated with don't either. They were the little brother we beat up and then laughed at their delusion. But now their delusion is on a whole other level. I thought when they left they'd be less annoying. Somehow they are just as annoying. They can't quit us. And they still can't win any titles, yet they still talk like they do.

Are they even going to finish in the top half of their west division one of these days????

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
They aren't all bad people. I'm a UT grad, my oldest 2 are UT grads, but my 3rd is going to aggy. My brother in law graduated from UT, but is now a prof at aggy. My son went to aggy because they still give national merit full tuition scholarships and UT doesn't. If UT wasn't so damn cheap, he'd be there as well, but you don't turn down 40K when both schools have really solid engineering programs. Plus he felt like aggy really wanted him and he got the red carpet treatment. He could have gone to OU for free, but there are some lines you don't cross. Plus OU isn't the same caliber of engineering school.

My son loves it at A&M, but still pulls for UT football. He was raised on it and will probably always pull for UT. Most aggy can never live in 2 worlds like that, but my son can. He just likes sports. Oh my brother went to aggy, but he still pulls for UT as well. You can make generalizations, but the real world is always shades of gray.

They aren't all bad people. I'm a UT grad, my oldest 2 are UT grads, but my 3rd is going to aggy. My brother in law graduated from UT, but is now a prof at aggy. My son went to aggy because they still give national merit full tuition scholarships and UT doesn't. If UT wasn't so damn cheap, he'd be there as well, but you don't turn down 40K when both schools have really solid engineering programs. Plus he felt like aggy really wanted him and he got the red carpet treatment. He could have gone to OU for free, but there are some lines you don't cross. Plus OU isn't the same caliber of engineering school.

My son loves it at A&M, but still pulls for UT football. He was raised on it and will probably always pull for UT. Most aggy can never live in 2 worlds like that, but my son can. He just likes sports. Oh my brother went to aggy, but he still pulls for UT as well. You can make generalizations, but the real world is always shades of gray.

So you are saying he is normal because he was raised by normal.;)

Reactions: DrinkToIt
I don't hate ATM. Many of the people that I graduated with don't either. They were the little brother we beat up and then laughed at their delusion. But now their delusion is on a whole other level. I thought when they left they'd be less annoying. Somehow they are just as annoying. They can't quit us. And they still can't win any titles, yet they still talk like they do.

Are they even going to finish in the top half of their west division one of these days????
Ya I prolly should have said annoyance rather than hate. I have a couple of buddies at work that are rabid UT fans. They spend 10x more time hammering at the A&M and Arkansas fans than they do me and the few OU fans at work. Make no mistake of course they have no love for OU. But they certainly get MUCH more enjoyment out of hammering at those fanbases than the OU fanbase. Lol

Ya'll weird...........

2%ers????

My son loves it at A&M, but still pulls for UT football. He was raised on it and will probably always pull for UT.

If he's paying attention that may change. It's hard to pull for a team when their fanbase is constantly demeaning and trashing the place you spent all of your precious time and hard earned money to graduate from. I found this to be exactly the case, as I was like your son.

I don't mind the football smack....but when my tshirt horn friends and family decide to speak ill of my school.....well, it ain't about football no more.

Last edited:
If he's paying attention that may change. It's hard to pull for a team when their fanbase is constantly demeaning and trashing the place you spent all of your precious time and hard earned money to graduate from. I found this to be exactly the case, as I was like your son.

I don't mind the football smack....but when my tshirt horn friends and family decide to speak ill of my school.....well, it ain't about football no more.

No one gives a shit.

It's hard to pull for a team when their fanbase is constantly demeaning and trashing the place you spent all of your precious time and hard earned money to graduate from. I found this to be exactly the case, as I was like your son.

This is a huge reason why I hate a&m and their fans. They behave towards Texas just as you describe.

This is a huge reason why I hate a&m and their fans. They behave towards Texas just as you describe.
So you just validated my point. I was a horn fan who went to A&M and loved it. Still quietly pulled for UT when they played.

But now worthy of your hate due to my educational affiliation. Saw a lot of that unfortunately.

So you just validated my point. I was a horn fan who went to A&M and loved it. Still quietly pulled for UT when they played.

But now worthy of your hate due to my educational affiliation. Saw a lot of that unfortunately.

You often get back what you put out in the universe. Stop blaming others and start looking in the mirror.

So last night I'm out on the town and bump into an aggy I've known for some time. As aggys go, he's a pretty reasonable guy, but he was hanging out with some of his old frat buddies who were obviously voted captains on the superdueshe team.

So chin wagging starts and I throw out the subject of kyler Murray and how badly aggy wanted him during recruiting season and how their entire fan base crowed, cat called and mocked Texas fans when he signed with aggy. Judging by their reaction you'd have thought I'd just given each of their mothers a dirty Sanchez. Infuriated they were. One of them went so far as to say "we only recruited him to keep him from going to tu." I shut that "tu" sh!t down right after that...... and they moved on to say such things as:

"He was never a REAL aggy"
"Spav basically cut his head off because Spav wanted allen"
"We all knew he was too small to play at this level"
"He should really have just concentrated on baseball"
"His dad is a cancer"
"We never really wanted him"

Wtf? Are these people THAT diluted?

My comment was "so now that he's a bust, he's persona non grata, and you guys bash him? What happens when he kills it at ou?"

The response I get is "well the big 12 plays no D so he should excel at ou."

These people are clinically insane.
You should remind your friends of that conversation.

You must have a good memory. I’ve been reading a Aggie board
and I think it’s neck and neck on the Murray hatred, Cameron Rising might have been Riley’s starter next year. Herman flipped him.

Aggsy on Texags.com are now 50/50 on who to hate. Half hate Kyler and the other half hate Sumlin. But all of them are just so happy to have Jimbo now.

I don't hate either. I think they made the best decision for themselves at the time and it has worked out great. Congratulations to OU and the Murray family. Well, except for Kevin. Not a fan of his act.

As for Sumlin, he didn't handle the Murray/Allen situation very well. Although I put more of that on the Daddy Murray presence. Kyler wasn't ready as a freshman, especially with the bad offensive line he had in front of him. Go watch the highlights of the 2015 Bama game. It was UGLY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT