ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Not calling that foul where Disu got pulled to the ground probably the difference between tying the game and losing by two. We didn’t shoot well especially in the 1st half but shit the refs let TCU do pretty much whatever they wanted. Don’t blame Coach Terry for picking up a tech

A win against Kansas is meaningless at this point. No one cares. This team will be upset in the NCAA tournament as well as the Big 12 tournament.

If Rodney Terry is going to get the job - give it to him today. Stability is paramount. If it's someone else - have him lined up and ready to sign the day the season ends - whether the first round or the championship game in April.

If Rodney Terry is going to get the job - give it to him today. Stability is paramount. If it's someone else - have him lined up and ready to sign the day the season ends - whether the first round or the championship game in April.
God help Texas basketball if he gets the job. Opposing teams cut right to the basket with no opposition. The defense we had under Beard is gone. We no longer play a motion offense that generates open players. We are back to shaka ball where the point guard dribbles around while the other 4 players watch him.

No thanks on Terry. He's not the guy. His overall record shows that.

Just some observations-- rebounding is becoming more and more a problem. Tcu drove to the rim over and over, with little resistance-- which is particularly bad because tcu doesn't always shoot well.

This one is big-- some of our guys look tired. May be part of the rebounding issue, but where it showed in a major way is Marcus Carr having multiple airballs. Wreaks to me of dead legs. I hope the week between Kansas and the B12T, then the week between the B12T and the NCAAT will help that.

Now for those saying Kansas game doesn't matter-- every game matters. Any time you get to take the floor and compete, it matters to win. Especially against an in- conference elite program. No, it won't change the standings but it matters.

Just my 2 cents.

Heck of an effort today. I thought the team looked fatigued the last 3-4 games. Today the effort and energy has been back.

23 wins, 12 in conference 4-3 against top 10 teams and 12 quad 1 wins. Damn solid regular season. All the while facing serious adversity. Outside shot at a 1 seed.

Heck of an effort today. I thought the team looked fatigued the last 3-4 games. Today the effort and energy has been back.

23 wins, 12 in conference 4-3 against top 10 teams and 12 quad 1 wins. Damn solid regular season. All the while facing serious adversity. Outside shot at a 1 seed.
I only watched the second half but I was proud of the way our boys played today. Can't think of anything negative to say.

Today in the Big XII 3 ranked teams lost to unranked teams.

And don't look now but the cow college is ranked 24th and beat AL today. Looks like they've punched their ticket to the big dance.

Wouldn't it be great if we played them in the tournament 😊

I only watched the second half but I was proud of the way our boys played today. Can't think of anything negative to say.

Today in the Big XII 3 ranked teams lost to unranked teams.

And don't look now but the cow college is ranked 24th and beat AL today. Looks like they've punched their ticket to the big dance.

Wouldn't it be great if we played them in the tournament 😊
I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in our bracket. Even though the committee says they don’t seed based on potential matchups. Those kinds of matchups always seem to pop up.

Be interesting to see what CDC does with the coaching position. I think if it were me I’d make a run at Jay Wright if he says no I’d give the job to coach Terry, sign him to a a 3 year deal and if it doesn’t work out it’s pretty easy to move on

Reactions: HornDrummer
#2 seed at best. #3 at worst. Either way- if we play every game like the firstv10 minutes of the Kansas game- we will be a tough out.

Alright, before anybody flips out, teams that are comfortably in the ncaa tournament tend to no longer take the conference tournament all that seriously. With the margin for error being so small in the b12, don't be shocked if we lay an egg. Kansas will be properly dialed in for at least their first opponent, given today's proceedings.

last year in the big 12...do i expect to win? No..i think like stated above we will lay an egg and then tuck our tail between our legs and prep for the tourny. DO I WANT TO WIN AND THINK WE CAN? Fck yes. This is the most up in the air big 12 basketball season ive ever seen. Anyone can win, including us!

#2 seed at best. #3 at worst. Either way- if we play every game like the firstv10 minutes of the Kansas game- we will be a tough out.
I think with that win we are pretty much locked in to a 2 seed. I don’t think there is really any way we fall to a 3

Alright, before anybody flips out, teams that are comfortably in the ncaa tournament tend to no longer take the conference tournament all that seriously. With the margin for error being so small in the b12, don't be shocked if we lay an egg. Kansas will be properly dialed in for at least their first opponent, given today's proceedings.
I agree. By and large the conference tournaments aren’t that important to these top teams. In all honesty your probably better off going out early and getting some rest.

last year in the big 12...do i expect to win? No..i think like stated above we will lay an egg and then tuck our tail between our legs and prep for the tourny. DO I WANT TO WIN AND THINK WE CAN? Fck yes. This is the most up in the air big 12 basketball season ive ever seen. Anyone can win, including us!
Pretty sure we're in the b12 next year too. 2024 doesn't mean Jan 1, 2024

• Haha
Reactions: hookem777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT