ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Texas tech suspended coach Mark Adams for comments made at a player yesterday. Also allegedly spit on another player earlier in the season. School is investigating that.as well Guy seems like a first class prick. I’ve wondered for awhile if tech would make a play to bring Beard back. Wonder if this is step 1 in that

Texas tech suspended coach Mark Adams for comments made at a player yesterday. Also allegedly spit on another player earlier in the season. School is investigating that.as well Guy seems like a first class prick. I’ve wondered for awhile if tech would make a play to bring Beard back. Wonder if this is step 1 in that
Not a chance in hell that happens. That whole fan base will never let that happen.

Adams was referencing Bible verses. Literally quoting the Bible. Good grief.

But tech would have parades in the streets to get beard back. It would be a prodigal son homecoming

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Adams was referencing Bible verses. Literally quoting the Bible. Good grief.

But tech would have parades in the streets to get beard back. It would be a prodigal son homecoming
I get the sense that there have been a bed of incidents over the last couple seasons. This is just the latest thing, and maybe this combined with a poor season is just opening the door to look in some of these other things.

I get the feeling they lost too many games and are looking for a way to save 7 million
Kinda the way I see it too. You can be an asshole when you win. If you lose though, and are an asshole tends to catch up with you. Think that is happening to Mark Adams right now.

The criminal left in this country has so deluded any conversation around racism, when I hear “racially insensitive”, I’m wondering if he ordered pizza or some shit.
Eh I think there have been several issues with adams and the tech program. I think this is the one that was just the last straw.

As a general rule though a white guy talking about slavery and obeying the masters to a group of largely black guys probably isn’t gonna go over well. Regardless if they are bible verses or not.

Eh I think there have been several issues with adams and the tech program. I think this is the one that was just the last straw.

As a general rule though a white guy talking about slavery and obeying the masters to a group of largely black guys probably isn’t gonna go over well. Regardless if they are bible verses or not.

Yeah, same for Slavs, Jews, Irish, etc.

My non-racist pastor has mentioned slaves and masters many times. American blacks weren’t the only slaves in this world’s history. I would be interested to here the whole context if what Adams said before making any judgement.

Alright, before anybody flips out, teams that are comfortably in the ncaa tournament tend to no longer take the conference tournament all that seriously. With the margin for error being so small in the b12, don't be shocked if we lay an egg. Kansas will be properly dialed in for at least their first opponent, given today's proceedings.
Agreed. Honestly, I’d prefer losing in the first round of the conference tourney, over having to play 3 games in 3 days and win it. Especially with a team already showing signs of fatigue late in the season. Getting rested for a run in the Big Dance trumps a conference tourney championship.

These guys are 20 years old. The fatigue is more mental than physical. These aren't midweek games in Ames or Morgantown - these all matter. If you can't get up mentally for a tournament game, you're not going anywhere anyway.

Reactions: outhereincali
Ya I don't get the thinking of wanting to lose in the first round of the conference tournament to preserve energy. Just go win the damn thing if you can.

Reactions: diadevic
Ya I don't get the thinking of wanting to lose in the first round of the conference tournament to preserve energy. Just go win the damn thing if you can.
Fine. I just don’t care at all about the conference tourney, and unless you need to win it to get in the Big Dance, see it as a waste of energy. I’m not saying you should try to lose, but it just won’t bother me a bit if we do.

Fine. I just don’t care at all about the conference tourney, and unless you need to win it to get in the Big Dance, see it as a waste of energy. I’m not saying you should try to lose, but it just won’t bother me a bit if we do.
I get what you're saying and agree that part of it.

Didn't Tech fans laugh and ridicule Longhorn fans about us getting Beard and that Adams was the real reason for tt success? Karma, be it traded back and forth, happens.

I heard a CBS college basketball podcast that most don’t think Rodney Terry is going to be the full time guy at this point. Obviously things can change, but this tells me that CDC has a big fish either ready to take the job or one that he wants. The fact is this has been the most successful regular season in a decade if you are going to replace the guy at the helm of it unless you have an absolute home run waiting. You shouldn’t anyway.

I heard a CBS college basketball podcast that most don’t think Rodney Terry is going to be the full time guy at this point. Obviously things can change, but this tells me that CDC has a big fish either ready to take the job or one that he wants. The fact is this has been the most successful regular season in a decade if you are going to replace the guy at the helm of it unless you have an absolute home run waiting. You shouldn’t anyway.
I STRONGLY disagree. Terry had a wonderful year - with Beard's players. We have no idea if he can create a roster. Actually we do have an idea - his prior 10 years as a head coach with a .500 record. UT has more money than anyone. Go spend it.

I STRONGLY disagree. Terry had a wonderful year - with Beard's players. We have no idea if he can create a roster. Actually we do have an idea - his prior 10 years as a head coach with a .500 record. UT has more money than anyone. Go spend it.
Mark Adams at Tech is another good example of that as well. It's very hard to ignore Terry's 10 years of being a mediocre head coach for sure. It's a big no for me on him.

Reactions: diadevic
Everyone keeps saying “with beard’s players” you do realize that Terry had a lot to do with the guys that are here coming to Texas right? Arguably as much maybe more than Beard. Terry had a lot to do with the two 5 star guys we have coming in. In fact he’s had a lot to do with a lot of the great players that have played here the last 20 years.

There are plenty of examples of assistants taking the full time gig and doing really well. Frank Martin took over at K state for Bob Huggins and did very well.

Do you guys honestly believe if Jerome Tang had taken over for Scott Drew at Baylor he wouldn’t have done well? If Tommy Lloyd instead of going to Arizona had taken over for mark few at Gonzaga he would have done well? Of course they would have.

Mark Adams isn’t succeeding at Tech not becauee he isn’t a good coach it’s because he’s an asshole.

College coaching is about fit. Shaka smart isn’t a bad coach it just never fit at Texas. He goes to a place that does suit him a little better and he’s having success again. Rodney Terry fits at Texas and unless you can land a legit bad ass earth shattering coach(jay wright, Billy Donovan) I think you give Terry a short term deal and see how it goes. You sign him to a 3 year deal you aren’t married to him.

Everyone keeps saying “with beard’s players” you do realize that Terry had a lot to do with the guys that are here coming to Texas right? Arguably as much maybe more than Beard. Terry had a lot to do with the two 5 star guys we have coming in. In fact he’s had a lot to do with a lot of the great players that have played here the last 20 years.

There are plenty of examples of assistants taking the full time gig and doing really well. Frank Martin took over at K state for Bob Huggins and did very well.

Do you guys honestly believe if Jerome Tang had taken over for Scott Drew at Baylor he wouldn’t have done well? If Tommy Lloyd instead of going to Arizona had taken over for mark few at Gonzaga he would have done well? Of course they would have.

Mark Adams isn’t succeeding at Tech not becauee he isn’t a good coach it’s because he’s an asshole.

College coaching is about fit. Shaka smart isn’t a bad coach it just never fit at Texas. He goes to a place that does suit him a little better and he’s having success again. Rodney Terry fits at Texas and unless you can land a legit bad ass earth shattering coach(jay wright, Billy Donovan) I think you give Terry a short term deal and see how it goes. You sign him to a 3 year deal you aren’t married to him.
Agree. While not completely sold on Terry, he’s certainly earned the shot if he gets it. Donovan and Wright are the only coaches I’d take over him. Not Calipari. I can’t stand that guy. He’s a scumbag, and, fittingly, his name starts with “Cali”. Gross. No thanks, I’ll take Terry any day over him.

Speaking of Shaka, this really pisses me off that he’s now confirming that he was indeed the great coach we thought he was. Wtf is it with Texas ruining decent coaches? Sick of this shit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT