ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

What’s so funny Sublett?
If you’ve been watching the tournament the last few days you have figured out by now that any one can beat anyone. There is no such thing as “we shouldn’t lose to this team”. Penn state and Texas were arguably the two hottest teams coming in to the tournament. The fact that this was a nail biter should surprise no one.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
What does Purdue have to do with it. You said that UH is lucky. 33-3 is not easy in any league. Luck has nothing to do with it.
They played the 102nd ranked schedule in the country. They are a good team, but let’s be honest you put Texas and Kansas in that schedule and they are 30-3 as well.

That’s beside the point though. They have not played that well in their first two games. They’ve been lucky to get out with a win.

we shot 7% from three and won a tournament game
And we held the best 3 point shooting team in the country and the best 3 point shooting team in the big 10 to probably their worst shooting games of the season… hell of an effort.

i thought the portal would cripple the mid-majors-- takee all their best players. it seems to have done the opposite-- mid-majors can offer power5 guys that may not be getting the playing time they want. so hang onto your kids, and pluck 1 or 2 that you normally wouldn't have a chance at, and you have a shot. plus the big boy schools may lose some kids they developed, and lose depth along the way.

Reactions: diadevic
i thought the portal would cripple the mid-majors-- takee all their best players. it seems to have done the opposite-- mid-majors can offer power5 guys that may not be getting the playing time they want. so hang onto your kids, and pluck 1 or 2 that you normally wouldn't have a chance at, and you have a shot. plus the big boy schools may lose some kids they developed, and lose depth along the way.
It has crippled the mid majors, but it’s crippled them after the tournament. A lot of these guys get noticed in the tournament and then transfer.

I coached (not basketball) at a D2 school and have taught at 2 other D2 schools and I am currently at an NAIA school. We had D1 kids spin down to us for playing time.

One rule change I wish CBB would make is go from 5 fouls for DQ to 6. 6 kinda takes the officials out of the game

Offer RT the job right now! His adjustments after that last time out was a work of art! PSU had just taken the lead and he calmly settled our boys down and kept it simple. Pick and Roll with Disu the rest of the way.

RT’s price is going up and up each time we advance. Give him the job and stop messing around!

Reactions: freeper
Offer RT the job right now! His adjustments after that last time out was a work of art! PSU had just taken the lead and he calmly settled our boys down and kept it simple. Pick and Roll with Disu the rest of the way.

RT’s price is going up and up each time we advance. Give him the job and stop messing around!
Yeah the coaching search should be over. Look hiring RT might not work out. It is definitely not a sure thing, but as it turns out you’re sure thing(Chris Beard) wasn’t a sure thing. Terry has earned the job, and at this point Texas would look ridiculous hiring anyone but him

Reactions: freeper
gotta keep ogden and donewald if terry is the man. it's donewald handling the offense, yes? he does a great job. terry does a great job with defense.

gotta keep ogden and donewald if terry is the man. it's donewald handling the offense, yes? he does a great job. terry does a great job with defense.
Yeah gotta keep those guys. Donwald has fixed a lot of the issues the offense had last year. I’d give Terry the job and give those two guys whatever they wanted to stay.

RT didn't win that game.
Disu did.
Disu had a hell of a game but the Longhorns held Colgate who was the best 3 point shooting team in the country and Penn state the best 3 point shooting team in the big 10 to what was probably their lowest totals of the season.. gotta give the the coaching staff credit for that.

Yeah the coaching search should be over. Look hiring RT might not work out. It is definitely not a sure thing, but as it turns out you’re sure thing(Chris Beard) wasn’t a sure thing. Terry has earned the job, and at this point Texas would look ridiculous hiring anyone but him
I’m sure 2024 and 2025 recruits are taking notice. Once RT is officially named HC the recruits and transfer targets will start to put us in the mix. They’re just waiting to see who the coach will be.

RT didn't win that game.
Disu did.
True dat. However, RT was smart enough to know that he needed to ride Disu down the stretch with him in the pick and roll. It’s not complicated. Shaka would’ve had us running some BS one on one action.

So Texas is going to play

Pitt or Xavier next Thursday/Friday
Then Houston, Miami, or Indiana on the weekend.

Probably favored to win all those matchups

They played the 102nd ranked schedule in the country. They are a good team, but let’s be honest you put Texas and Kansas in that schedule and they are 30-3 as well.

That’s beside the point though. They have not played that well in their first two games. They’ve been lucky to get out with a win.
Wth? You weren't watching the same game I was. That second half why they're the number one overall seed. Behind by 10 win by 17 in what was an Auburn home game. We could see them in the elite 8.

Reactions: westx

Being favored means absolutely nothing in the tournament. Got to beat Pitt or Xavier first before we worry about Houston.

I doubt we would be favored to beat Houston, especially if Sasser is healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT