ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Rough tournament for the big 10. If Michigan state or Indiana don’t win tomorrow they won’t get a single team in to the 2nd weekend.

Reactions: outhereincali
Sublett just likes to talk in circles and forgets what he say
No one makes you read or respon.

You know you and others gave me all kinds of shit last year about hating chris Beard and how I just wanted him to fail and all that bullshit.

Did you notice that many of the things that I was saying had to be fixed for Texas to be successful under beard he went out and fixed? I said he had to get another guard to go with Carr because Carr wasn’t really a facilitator, so they went out and got Hunter. I said that Chris beard needed to get someone to over haul the offense and stop trying it to grind every game out 58-57. He went and added Donewald to staff and made the offense faster paced more efficient and one of the higher scoring teams in the country. Maybe instead of bashing me and putting words in my mouth you ought to listen.. might learn something

Last edited:
Wth? You weren't watching the same game I was. That second half why they're the number one overall seed. Behind by 10 win by 17 in what was an Auburn home game. We could see them in the elite 8.
If we see them in the elite 8 we will win

I was looking at the box score just now. Coach Terry did something tonight he doesn’t normally do, and in all honesty it’s one of the reasons we won the game. He basically played 6 guys tonight. Cunningham, Bishop and Morris played less than 10 mins each. That was a good move. This was a game Cunningham would of got exposed in extended mins

If anyone is curious it looks like our bracket will play Friday/Sunday next week

No one makes you read or respon.

You know you and others gave me all kinds of shit last year about hating chris Beard and how I just wanted him to fail and all that bullshit.

Did you notice that many of the things that I was saying had to be fixed for Texas to be successful under beard he went out and fixed? I said he had to get another guard to go with Carr because Carr wasn’t really a facilitator, so they went out and got Hunter. I said that Chris beard needed to get someone to over haul the offense and stop trying it to grind every game out 58-57. He went and added Donewald to staff and made the offense faster paced more efficient and one of the higher scoring teams in the country. Maybe instead of bashing me and putting words in my mouth you ought to listen.. might learn something
Man I’ve forgotten more about the game of basketball than you’ll ever remember. You say so much bullshit and nonsense on here that it’s only a matter of time before at least some it is going to come true. I’ve never seen a person contradict themselves as much as you do.

You were wrong about Beard and you’re still wrong about him as a coach. He put together a team who is on its way to making a final four run right now. And you said it was a bad hire lol. Not sure why you’d be thumping your chest about being wrong…

Looks like it will be Xavier. They are a good team. It will be a battle, but if they shut down the 3 point shooting the way they did the last two games they should win.

On offense if Disu and Allen can make their big guard them away from the paint, should open up some driving lanes for Carr, Hunter and Rice.

Will need more 3’s than just one for sure.

Xavier doesn’t shoot FT’s well. Could be the difference in the game.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be Xavier. They are a good team. It will be a battle, but if they shut down the 3 point shooting the way they did the last two games they should win.

On offense if Disu and Allen can make their big guard them away from the paint, should open up some driving lanes for Carr, Hunter and Rice.

Will need more 3’s than just one for sure.

Xavier doesn’t shoot FT’s well. Could be the difference in the game.
Disu has gone from being a solid guy who could occasionally make a play to the guy who HAS to be the focal point. He was outstanding last night, and has been for the last month.

Disu has gone from being a solid guy who could occasionally make a play to the guy who HAS to be the focal point. He was outstanding last night, and has been for the last month.
Yep Disu has been rock solid. Now that he’s 100% and trusts his knee he’s back to the player he used to be.

Xavier is a similar team to Texas. They’re outstanding defensively and they have decent size and length. They do a lot of switching on defense which puts a lot of pressure on opposing wings to make contested outside shots. We have to drive the ball inside and kick it out. Our three point shooting needs to at least 33% in order to give us a chance. Free throws at least 80%. Like always, rebounding and turnovers will decide the game. We have to win in both of those categories.

Don't let Pitt crapping the bed distract us from the fact that something called a Kennesaw State pushed Xavier around in the first round

Don't let Pitt crapping the bed distract us from the fact that something called a Kennesaw State pushed Xavier around in the first round
Yeah Pitt played well the last 6-7 mins to make it closer than it was. Overall though they didn’t challenge Xavier at all

Well if CDC wants coach Cal… he’s available. Not the route I think we should go, but we’ll see.

this is gonna shock you, but in a crucial timeout with about 3 minutes left, the sideline reporter said shaka took his team through a breathing exercise. izzo probably did not use the same tactic. also shocking, since said timeout, michigan state has outplayed and out-toughed shaka's team

i was never more confident filling out a bracket than when i saw izzo vs shaka in round two. my only concern was whether shaka would get there

Reactions: westx
this is gonna shock you, but in a crucial timeout with about 3 minutes left, the sideline reporter said shaka took his team through a breathing exercise. izzo probably did not use the same tactic. also shocking, since said timeout, michigan state has outplayed and out-toughed shaka's team
To the extent that you can be a good tournament coach. Tom Izzo is a good tournament coach.

He’s taken Michigan state to the tournament like 25 times and has one at least 1 game 20 times. You don’t want to see him in your bracket

Reactions: westx
The Shaka special. 0 coaching/plays called to help get a bucket in the final crucial minutes.

Fran Fraschilla was 100% on the money when he said Texas (under Shaka) played like a country club team.
I think Fran was talking about specifically the Erwin center and the environment in that building when he made that comment

100% wrong. Did you watch the game that he said that? I did. He complained the whole game about how the players not working.
I’m sure I did watch the game. I don’t know what you’re referring to. I know I’ve heard him say that the Erwin center was the “wine and cheese crowd. As best I remember Fran was always complimentary of Shaka. I don’t remember too many games under Shaka where effort wasn’t there. There were other issues but by on large always thought the guys Coleman, jokes , sims, etc played hard

Last edited:
I’m sure I did watch the game. I don’t know what you’re referring to. I know I’ve heard him say that the Erwin center was the “wine and cheese crowd. As best I remember Fran was always complimentary of Shaka. I don’t remember too many games under Shaka where effort wasn’t there. There were other issues but by on large always thought the guys Coleman, jokes , sims, etc played hard
Lol! Truly true and truly funny.

To the extent that you can be a good tournament coach. Tom Izzo is a good tournament coach.

He’s taken Michigan state to the tournament like 25 times and has one at least 1 game 20 times. You don’t want to see him in your bracket
To the extent??? So no coach adds value?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT